Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • them TLD chinese shorts…
  • pussywillow
    Free Member

z1ppy – Member
    Pussywillow admits selling fakes as real on this forum.
    This is a criminal act no?
    No because PW is a poor troll, just posting something to try to get a rise.

Moderators ignore this and allows thread to continue.
    Am I missing something here?
    Yes the fact that PW is a total troll, well actually a very obvious poor troll really
    (don’t worry about it, I posted in a thread the other day before I read it properly and realised it was obvious troll being obvious..).

POSTED 4 HOURS AGO # REPORT-POST

Who’s trolling? 🙄

I’m just being honest, I made some money, I got positive feed back after it so the buyers must have been happy. I kept some myself, if you look at the genuine ones they have better zips, and the material is better but they’re still good for £22 a pair, I sold them for roughly £45 a pair, and that was after all fees taken off, so business is good business 😀

kenneththecurtain
    Free Member

I’m wearing a set of the fakes just now as it happens. I got them for 20 something quid off ebay as an experiment – they took literally months to arrive.

I also have two proper sets so I can make a pretty fair comparison I reckon.

The fakes are made of noticeably lighter weight material – they will definitely not last as long as the regular ones. I actually use them for xc/commuting duties ‘cos they’re so much cooler than the genuine ones. The fakes don’t have the internal hip pads like the genuine ones either.

The fit is a bit different too – mine are 32’s but they are more like the length of a genuine 34. I actually quite like that as I’m a lanky git.

The clip/ratchet thingy at the waist isn’t as good as on the genuine ones – sometimes it randomly loosens off a notch.

I’ll be getting more genuine ones next time, if the 2 sets I have ever die that is…

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Who’s trolling?

I’m just being honest(well technically not), I made some money, I got positive feed back after it so the buyers must have been happy. I kept some myself, if you look at the genuine ones they have better zips, and the material is better but they’re still good for £22 a pair, I sold them for roughly £45 a pair, and that was after all fees taken off, so business is good business[b]illegal[/b]

Yes it’s only some shorts but if you can’t afford something with a label the most needy thing to do is buy a fake with a label. Buy some nice unbranded shorts.

pussywillow
    Free Member

mikewsmith – Member
    Who’s trolling?
    I’m just being honest(well technically not), I made some money, I got positive feed back after it so the buyers must have been happy. I kept some myself, if you look at the genuine ones they have better zips, and the material is better but they’re still good for £22 a pair, I sold them for roughly £45 a pair, and that was after all fees taken off, so business is good businessillegal

Yes it’s only some shorts but if you can’t afford something with a label the most needy thing to do is buy a fake with a label. Buy some nice unbranded shorts.

POSTED 2 HOURS AGO # REPORT-POST

Bit of a stuck up attitude isn’t it? Some people can’t afford the genuine and so is nice for them to have a genuine copy, illegal or not, I can think of a lot worse that goes on and as if the government aren’t ripping us off! Screw the system and get what you can, unless your a middle class toff with no worries in the world aye mike? 😉

Junkyard
    Free Member

I call troll as well

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Cheers PW obvious troll is well obvious, if not you just admitted to selling counterfeit goods. Did you declare it on your tax return?
    http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=pussywillow

pussywillow
    Free Member

mikewsmith – Member
    Cheers PW obvious troll is well obvious, if not you just admitted to selling counterfeit goods. Did you declare it on your tax return?
    http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=pussywillow

POSTED 4 HOURS AGO # REPORT-POST

Nope I declared nowt lad, cash jobs all the way for me pal, government rapes us and would rather look after foreigners, gotta look after yersen these days kid, if that makes me a criminal then so be it! 8)

Jamie
    Free Member

Nope I declared nowt lad, cash jobs all the way for me pal, government rapes us and would rather look after foreigners, gotta look after yersen these days kid, if that makes me a criminal then so be it!

zippykona

I saw a man in a Ronaldo t shirt. Judging by his beer gut, it wasn’t him.
    Where do I stand?

Bagstard
    Free Member

Thing is though, they are a very good pair of shorts for the money, mine did come with removable hip pads too. What good DH shorts can you buy for £27?

droppinneutron
    Free Member

I bought some after looking at them for a few weeks and thinking ‘no, I don’t want them they will be s**t’, then I thought sod it they are only about £27 posted so I took a gamble. Turned up after three week and they seemed fine – came with hip pads too. Fit was good and had all they usual troy lee badges etc etc.

Anyway when you wear them I think they feel really sweaty and the material is definitely cheap. Also, one of the zips on the pocket was digging into my leg so I had to snip a bit of it off. The colour as well – I bought the red ones and they aren’t the same colour as troy lee’s red… but that didn’t bother me. Worst thing is your mates taking the pi** out of you for being a tight sod!

Overall, i’d buy another pair, cos they are cheap

cubemeup
    Free Member

i bought a pair a few months back and also got a pair from CRC years backs. they dont seem any different but for £25 you cant go wrong even if they last me 18 months of crappy welsh valley weather.
    i would def buy another pair than get ripped off by TLD

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘them TLD chinese shorts…’ is closed to new replies.