Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Them there Kevlar brake pads
  • Spud

From SSC and the sx ceramic from Discobrakes, any opinions?

RudiBoy
    Free Member

plenty of history on this website about how crap they are….spend the extra couple of quid and get hope/shimano EBC ones.

njee20
    Free Member

Very impressed with mine actually, there were a few horror stories years ago, but actually the kevlar pads seem excellent, bit noisier than stock Avid ones IME, but lots of power and seem to wear extremely well.

sheppie_hill
    Free Member

Agree with njee20

fozzybear
    Free Member

njee is a xc mincer don't listen to him 😉

njee20
    Free Member

So true, that means I use my brakes a lot more than most and therefore know a good brakepad when I see one 🙂

fozzybear
    Free Member

haha, 😉 true.

(hows the season gone for you so far? fit and winning i hope?)

bedmaker

Ive slagged Superstar along with plenty others on here in the past having bought som of the earlier pads which all fell apart.
    Obviously it was my fault for not taking them out after each ride and drying/polishing them 😉

However, feedback for the newer ones seemed pretty positive recently so I got some of the kevlar ones a few weeks ago. They're really good.

Bit noisier as others have commented, (not squealy, but grindy, like there is dirt caught on them) But bags of power. Better than the standard SLX ones they replaced.

Spud

Worth a punt over sintered?

GolfChick
    Free Member

i thought the bad press all related to the sintered ones, not the kevlars?

warton
    Free Member

i was going to give them a go, but I stuck to the SS organics which I have never had a problem with

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Them there Kevlar brake pads’ is closed to new replies.