Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • them Shimano slx brakes from rose
  • jono84
    Free Member

Just checking with anyone who’s ordered a set of slx brakes from rose before …. are they set up in ‘normal UK configuration ? Or are they American style ? Cheers in advance

sambob
    Free Member

Opposite to UK, dead easy to swap though.

mindmap3
    Free Member

I ordered some XT brakes from Rose and ad to swap the lines over, no real issues aside from the brakes had an issue with the freestroke adjustment. Rose deliver quickly and resolved the issue with my brakes quickly and efficiently.

jono84
    Free Member

Cheers …. I presume you’d have to buy a bleed kit as well then ?

Stoner
    Free Member

if you do it carefully and arent trying to thread an olive through a closed frame guide then you dont need to bleed afterwards.

_tom_
    Free Member

I found I needed to bleed mine as I was a bit clumsy with the hoses, though it is really easy to do, 5 minute job really. . Btw I found Rose’s customer service appalling (2 months to replace a brake!), so be very careful with it especially pushing the pistons back in as they’re pretty fragile.

mboy
    Free Member

If you put the brakes on the bike, then swap the hoses over at the lever (ie. you don’t need to thread them through any stops on the frame) and then put a rubber band on the levers holding them to the bars overnight and… Bob’s your mother’s brother!

Have done a couple like this now and not needed to rebleed them at all, and they’ve worked superbly!

FWIW the Deore’s are just as good as the SLX too, just with slightly less features on them.

hainman
    Free Member

i recently ordered XT M785’S from merlin,123quid for F&R but they are the same as rose bike with the levers are wrong way round.not a kick in the teeth off the price from rose but came next delivery.

nosedive
    Free Member

did you manage to get your hoses swapped hainman?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘them Shimano slx brakes from rose’ is closed to new replies.