Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Them bargain Merlin XT brakes…….. shifter advice
  • Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Decided to go all Shimano with my gears and brakes, as Sram isn’t for me. So, I bought them XT brakes and an XT rear mech. (With a £10 voucher too, was a no brainer) Have a new XT Front mech kicking around, but not sure on how or what I spec shifters to buy. Something I haven’t worked out before and think it will look neater and lighter than clamped shifters. Any advise on how they clamp and which ones I need please ? Thanks.

coblck
    Free Member

Ispec b from 2012 onwards

acidchunks

I’ve got XT shifters with ispec B mounts on my commuter, can’t fault them at all. Shifting is swift and has a positive feel (using XT mechs).

£45 for a set at crc seems like a good deal to me.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/shimano-xt-m780-10-speed-trigger-shifter-set/rp-prod136541

🙂

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Cheers guys. Was looking at those shifters on CR, but was nervous about if they were the right ones or not. I take it I don’t need anything else to make them fit? Just seen bolt kits etc somewhere else……….

acidchunks

All the fittings will come with the shifters. 🙂

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Cheers Acidchunks, will hit the button on them 😀

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Woooo, boxes from Merlin and CR arrived this morning. Found a mint XT front mech in the spares bin at home. Current wifes away at the weekend, so have plenty of fettling time to get it all done. All the shifter barrels, pins and screws were there and make sense how they fit to the brakes. Great service from both shops. CR stuff in bags and brakes and rear mech were in nice black Shimano packaging, with olives etc too. Roll on Friday night.

bigblackshed

Derailment:

Current wifes away at the weekend

Keeping your options open?

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Not ‘currently’ , but you never know 😉

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Them bargain Merlin XT brakes…….. shifter advice’ is closed to new replies.