Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Theft From Woburn Sands !!!!!!
  • Jase
    Free Member

Re-posting from here: http://cyclonembc.editboard.com/general-chat-f1/theft-from-woburn-sands-t1461.htm

Hi
    I am posting on this site on behalf of my son. He is a junior DH rider who attended WOBURN SANDS today – Sunday 13/12/2009.

We live in the Sunbury on Thames, Middlesex area – within half an hour of his returning home about 5pm – our garage was broken into with bolt croppers and his ANCELLOTTI was was taken, we were in the house at the time!

There is no other conclusion, but the bike was taken not by opportunist local theives, but some persons who obviously saw the bike at Woburn sands today and followed him home.

The bike was removed from within a people carrier car and put straight into the garage. Other bikes also in there were not taken and his was singled out.

Posted as a warning that it would appear that these theives will go to great lenghts – and travel M1, M25 & M3 in order to rip off genuine guys, interested in the sport who have spent/invested a great deal of money and time in some thing that they love doing – someone some where is having a great Xmas!

Any one who can post this on to Bedford or Herts MTB or DH clubs or on the general scene I would be obliged, and any information about the bike would be greatly appreciated.

My son is really cut up about it all, and obviously we as a family are concerned that this has happened when we have been in the house at dusk. The police have been informed and a description of the bike circulated.

Silver ANCILLOTTI TOMASO with green decals

ANY HELP IN GETTING THE BIKE BACK, AND NAILING THESE THEIVES GONADS TO A PLANK WILL BE APPRECIATED.

REGARDS

markcussen@yahoo.co.uk

marco

br
    Free Member

Sorry for your loss, etc – but more likely someone was just driving/walking past your house when you were unloading, or just a coincidence and they'd already spotted it.

Jase
    Free Member

Not mine, just re-posting from our local website to a wider audience, but yes does sem a bit extreme to follow all that way.

rubberscrubber
    Free Member

I have some old rusty nails you can have

ampthill

My symapthies

I think I lost a bike to someone spotting it going into the garage, well thats my theory

Does seem extreme to drive all that way. On the other hand if the thief was local to you you would have thought they'd leave it until later in the day

I ride at wodurn alot. But I think I can safely say that I've always got the least valuable bike of anyone there so this should help protect me.

TheFopster
    Free Member

Know someone who lost two SC bikes same way – followed over 100 miles home, garage broken into that night. Unloading not visible from the road, so no way that was the answer. There were three high end bikes in the garage – all taken, nothing else touched…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Theft From Woburn Sands !!!!!!’ is closed to new replies.