Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • The Wyre
  • v8ninety

Hi, first time poster.

I was having a wander around the Wyre Forest with the family the other day (dodging some seriously maHOOsive ants) and kept seeing glimpses of some really tasty looking single track… Bit of googling led me to this very forum. Have read the posts and realise that local knowledge is required to make the most of this little gem of a place, so was just wondering if I could be cheeky and tag along with someone who knows there way around sometime?

Cheers in advance, Woody

Houns

Nothing to see there, move along 😉

_tom_
    Free Member

Only ridden there once (and once at Ribbesford) and it’s a great singletrack location 🙂 Wouldn’t have had a clue where I was going without a guide though.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    v8ninety

Understood. but talking strictly theoretically, when would theoretical riders meet up to ride some theoretical trails that only theoretically exist? And would they theoretically mind a noob tagging along? (in theory, obviously)

Houns

Wednesday nights there’s a few groups that head out, also MicArms off of here usually shows fresh blood around, word of warning though, he takes you towards a little house in the middle of the forest ride in the opposite direction as fast as you can! 😉

v8ninety

Lol, roger that bud!

singlespeedstu

Lol, roger that bud!

i think it’s mick that does the rodgering and you’ll be the rodgeree. 😉

v8ninety

Either way, beggers can’t be choosers, 😯

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

if micarms mentions rocket testing and how he has a big pointy one with a red tip then run, fast.

MrTall
    Free Member

I think Mick will be out this Wednesday (he works shifts). I should be as well. We meet at the Duke William Pub (just past the entrance to the visitor centre) at 7pm. Usual ride of 12-18 miles depending on weather conditions followed by a cheeky beer back at the Duke.

You’d be more than welcome to tag along i’m sure.

MrTall
    Free Member

That just shows that he cares.

Only thoughtless people go in lubeless.

v8ninety

Cheers Mon, Will try my best to be there. Will I need lights? haven’t got any ‘proper’ lights… what times sunset these days? cheeky beer sound good tho!

MrTall
    Free Member

You’ll need lights for the last hour or so although it’s light now till gone 9 so you’ll get away with most of the ride. (we finish 9.30-10ish usually)

Once Micks confirmed if we’re riding (he does all the guiding) i can sort you out with an Exposure joystick which will be enough to get you round safely if you want to borrow one?

v8ninety

Mate that would be awesome! Very good of you.

djflexure

There is also a facebook group of Wyre riders – out at weekends. One of them showed me around a few months back.

v8ninety

Thanks djflexure, found it, joined it

MicArms

hiya Woody,
    can guide you round the forest no probs. Can’t do this wednesday night though as the missus has selflessly booked a girlie night out.

Can to Tues nights, wed days, Thurs and friday day or nights this week. My rep is undeserved though, I only ask that you come with appropriate head wear ( gimp mask) and lyrca or PVC is fine too. I will provide spare bindings.

MicArms

Woody, YGM…well you would if there was an email addy in your profile info.

votchy
    Free Member

Don’t worry about the pace for the first mile, mick is renowned for going off quickly then easing off once you are broken in 😉

MrTall
    Free Member

Woody,

A few of us will be riding from the Duke William pub tonight at 7pm.

You’re welcome to join us if you can make it.

v8ninety

Darn, won’t be able to make it tonight, Don’t finish work till 1830, and i’m on 90 minutes notice for mtb outings!

Mick, didn’t realise that, I’ll sort it.

Thanks for the welcome to the forum, btw 😀

I’ve got nothing helpful to add to this thread, I just wanted to say hello to V8ninety, from a V8 110 driver in the Wyre Forest.

v8ninety

Howdo, nice to meet you. V8s; the most expensive soundtrack in the world!
    Will be good to meet you on a ride maybe?

MicArms

Wody, click on my name and you’ll se my email addy. Drop me a line and I’ll stick you on the clent duffers email list.

rOcKeTdOg

if you see this place you know it’s too late to back out, just remember not to push back

Goldilocks cottage by rOcKeTdOgUk, on Flickr

careful if you stop for a pee too, the ants will carry your bike off while your back is turned

singlespeedstu

Never mind pushing back.
    If you ram it down his throat far enough you can make him do this.

110502_081854 by singlespeedstu, on Flickr

v8ninety

Mick, email sent. Let me know if you don’t get it. Ta

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘The Wyre’ is closed to new replies.