Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The Wrekin…
  • Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

….hurts!

got that nice after glow and achy legs though, climb up to the top is a challenge!!

some nice stuff off the back and around too, apparently a third of it is owned by Van Morrison!

Shorty12
    Free Member

It’s quite a tough climb I did it for the first time last week and it seems to keep ongoing haha

Garry_Lager

Do that now and again as a hangover shifter when at the in-laws. Top third is murder, although you do get some respite prior to with the trail flattening out a bit.
    Some decent singletrack to the SE, heading down to limekiln lane.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Used to have to run up the Wrekin when I was at school there….. Riding it sounds much more fun!

dirk_pumpa
    Free Member

my mate tells me ‘the steep track’ has been sabotaged in some way rendering pretty much unrideable?

summerwastin
    Free Member

its the best! loads of trails to try on the wrekin….
    1. straight up the main path and down the far side, past the needles eye, then turn right do the “round the wrekin” path (great name) clockwise.

or 2. when you’re descending the main path, take the little singletrack that’s parallel on the left side, right from the top, it keeps popping back out to the main path, until after the main path’s first steep descent (the one that’s got concrete re-enforcing it). when you get to that plateau – dive off left into the woods, on the downhill trail. or finally coming down the main path, carry straight on at the gate just above the half way house and check the singletrack that cuts the corner and skirts the sloops down to the start where everyone parks.. its all good! and then there’s the ercall! my home turf.

don’t go riding over the bronze age settlement gateway mounds though! bad juju…. especially “hell’s gate”

probably that’s all very confusing, but then i don’t wanna make it too easy to find the best bits…..

(my friend crick sutcliffe rode it all 3 times in a row without putting his foot down, but that was in the 90’s on a diamond back, and now he lives in california. which is nice.)

singlespeedstu

2007 vintage video from a trip up the wrekin.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l76GIwbwXRY[/video]

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsUHk506pzs[/video]

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘The Wrekin…’ is closed to new replies.