Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • The Wire – Just finished Series 3 (no spoilers)
  • franksinatra

Thought Series 1 was great, Series 2 not quite as strong but Series 3, wow. Really felt that it got better and better with every episode and really was something very special indeed.

Just googling some of the actors, I can’t believe the guy who plays Stringer Bell is British! I would never, ever have guessed that. He plays the american ganster perfectly.

Going to hold of buying Series 4 for a while, I need to get my evenings back!

Does anyone else find themselves answering the phone with ‘Yo, waddup’?

Ya feel me nigga?

joeydeacon
    Free Member

Series 4 is the best of the lot. The Wire is the greatest television series of all time, by a huge distance.

BoardinBob

Just googling some of the actors, I can’t believe the guy who plays Stringer Bell is British! I would never, ever have guessed that. He plays the american ganster perfectly.

McNulty’s English too, and he’s so posh he makes David Cameron sound like something from Geordie Shore.

CaptJon
    Free Member

I’m currently (re)watching Kidnapped. If you like the Wire you’ll like that:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0771329/

binners

He went to Eton with man of the people, Call-me-Dave

Another vote for series 4 being the best of the lot. Its brilliant. Series 5 jumped the shark IMHO

joeydeacon
    Free Member

Oh and anyone doubting just how good it is.. reviews from series 4 (shouldn’t hopefully be any spoilers on this page – just critic’s reviews summarised).

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Does anyone else find themselves answering the phone with ‘Yo, waddup’?

no, but I did insist on calling it a re-up when i picked up my mums prescription for her.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Drugs-Port-Drugs-Education-Politics was it?

I thought the second drugs one was a bit far-fetched, but they are all amazing.

Best TV ever.

wrecker
    Free Member

I did insist on calling it a re-up when i picked up my mums prescription for her.

😀
    Po-po is now in common use in the wrecker household.

organic355
    Free Member

don’t we have a wire thread every week or so? yawn.

binners

Nobody actually forces you to read them, do they? Or do they? Are you being held against your will, and forced to read selected threads? Under threat of death?

Dear god! They’re not making you read the ones about helmets are they? The inhumane bastards!

If the answer is affirmative, then please signal this to us by adding the tag ‘firstworldproblems’

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

The Wire makes The Sopranos feel like Top Cat.

(I need to get my Top Cat box set, come to think of it).

LsD
    Free Member

*saunters through thread whistling “A Hunting I Will Go”*

franksinatra

McNulty’s English too, and he’s so posh he makes David Cameron sound like something from Geordie Shore.

I didn’t realise that until I saw him on Graham Norton t’other night. I wasn’t quite as surprised as Stringer though. I think a bit of Dominic Wests poshness comes through occassionally, his accent seems a little more forced.

franksinatra

Best quote for the series.

Stringer: Make this quick, I’ve got a meet to get to
    Drug dude: **** your meet String, your harder to get at than my fat wifes c**t!

Simple brilliance

al2000

Another vote for season 4 – it’s incredible.

brassneck

Drugs-Port-Drugs-Education-Politics was it?

Drugs – Port – Politics – Education – Media I thought. But there were still a lot of drugs in 3, I’ll give you that.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Just wrapped up series 5 last week. Flipping brilliant, all of them!

fasthaggis

Tru dat, and you end up feeling all protective for Omar 😀

That’s Omar ,the casual,whistling,take no prisoners ,assassin. 😉

maccruiskeen

Stringer Bell is British! I would never, ever have guessed that

You mean you don’t remember him from Channel 5’s doomed soap opera ‘Family Affairs’?. Clarke Peters (Lester Freamon) is UK based too (although he really is american), and I can tell you that he’s an utterly charming gentleman.

Theres a reason why a lot of brit character actors turn up in american films and tv playing american roles – its because they’ve worked their way into film via theatre, americans actors tend want to be famous more than they want to act, its not until they’ve made the big time that they then get interested in dabbling with the stage, so for long running series like the wire brit actors are preferred because they are just really bloody reliable.

philconsequence
    Free Member

*looks out window and considers cancelling an evening/night ride in the beautiful weather just to watch more Wire whilst mrsconsequence is away*

CaptJon
    Free Member

Do both, Phil. Ride and then stay up late!

philconsequence
    Free Member

i like the cut of your gib young man.

kimbers

has anyone said shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit yet?

series 4 the most poignant imho

binners

Yes philly. What are you thinking? Get yourself out for a ride. If she’s away you won’t have to bother getting a shower once you’re back. Simply ride your muddy bike into the hall, order a pizza delivery, crack a beer open then sit there in your pants watching the Wire, while scratching your arse and farting!

Its the law! Everyone knows that

philconsequence
    Free Member

already had a bad of 5 big cookies for lunch today, might have to leave the pizza for another night. sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

binners

How about a fish finger butty with cheese singles and tommy k?

philconsequence
    Free Member

kinky…. but night ride and an eccles cake might have to be the way forward.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘The Wire – Just finished Series 3 (no spoilers)’ is closed to new replies.