Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The Wire, heads up, on late tonight, BBC2 11:20pm
  • amaan
    Free Member

I remember a few people asking when, so thought I’d post.

Not seen it myself, so try and catch it.

grumm
    Free Member

Personally I think it’s best watched on DVD so you can watch it more intensively – think it would seem quite slow moving seeing only one episode a week.

I’m watching the series for the second time and watched 4 episodes last night!

Still def worth a go if you’ve never seen it though. Amazing series.

miketually
    Free Member

think it would seem quite slow moving seeing only one episode a week.

It’s on every week night, not once a week. 11:20’s too late for me though; anyone know if it’ll be on iPlayer?

grumm
    Free Member

O RLY? Right I was just assuming it was once a week. Doubt it will be on iplayer but you never know.

Jamie
    Free Member

Personally i would just buy the box sets, have a weekend off + beer/snacks, then flog them after.

DezB
    Free Member

First episode clashes with the Shield, which I’ve been watching since the start. BBC are twonks, so much crap on all day and night, then they get something decent, put it on at a stupid time of night, every day and clash it with the only other decent cop show on telly. Absolute areshools.

JxL
    Free Member

The Wire is the best TV series, EVER. I watched all 5 seasons on DVD and was completely hooked.

m0nster2
    Free Member

We’re only a couple of episodes from the end of series one on DVD and now well and truly drawn in. It is great TV. Really the only TV we watch at the mo.

Read a quite interesting article over the weekend:
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2009/mar/28/david-simon-the-wire-interview

Now rapidly vacating hard-drive space from our old PVR (from before they were called PVRs) before the telly ‘catches us up’.

noteeth
    Free Member

Watched it last night… not seen it before. Am already experiencing the warm glow of addiction. 😀

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘The Wire, heads up, on late tonight, BBC2 11:20pm’ is closed to new replies.