Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The Wire, end of season one – Question (minor spoiler)
  • IHN

Did McNulty want to go on the boats or not? I remember the other detective telling him how he ended up being in the Pawn Shop unit and to watch out when he was asked what he wanted to do next.

BoardinBob

Series 2 confirms he did not want to be on the boats 😆

(FWIW Series 2 was my favourite)

Mr_C
    Free Member

I love in series 2 that everybody (even Bubbles) knows more about the boats than McNulty.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    NikNak7890
    Free Member

Awesome series, I really enjoyed it. Anyone know when Series 2 is gonna be shown?

verbal_kint
    Free Member

right in the first episode he says he dosn’t want to go to the boats as the diesel smell makes him feel sick

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Hmmm, I was beginning to wonder if ‘on the boats’ was some kind of euphemism…

ourmaninthenorth

No, he didn’t want to go into the boat…

s2 is very good in fact. I though s3 took a while to get going but ramped up nicely towards the end.

Just started s4, which is looking good, but a different angle so far. Intrigued to know what’s going to happen to Herc now he’s seen what he’s seen…!

flatback
    Free Member

he knew he was geting a crap duty, so instead of a office job he picked something outside, he didnt want to go on the boats, but it was the best crap option available.so he said he did not want the boats so that is whre they sent him,

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

as in, “I’d like to get on her boats…”

aslongasithaswheels
    Free Member

just got into the Wire when it was shown on BBC 2 and now i’m hungry for more, really want to see Season2 but i’ve put a ban on me buying stuff that i don’t really need.

Anyone know when season 2 is being shown?

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

I thought I’d heard that they were showing all the series back to back.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member
    Mr_C
    Free Member

he knew he was geting a crap duty, so instead of a office job he picked something outside, he didnt want to go on the boats, but it was the best crap option available.so he said he did not want the boats so that is whre they sent him,

It was actually Bunk who told Rawls that McNulty didn’t want to go on the boats. Just why does Rawls hate Mcnulty so much? I think I missed something at the beginning of series 1.

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Wasn’t there a conversation where Landsman asks McNulty which job he’d most hate, and he answers “the boat”? Landsman, being Rawls’ sergeant, must pass this on to his boss at some point and Rawls seizes the chance to put one over on McNulty at the end of the detail. There’s a scene early on where McNulty gets a bollocking from Rawls and Landsman for his refusal to toe the line (he drags Rawls into the whole Barksdale thing).

There’s a *surprising* scene featuring Rawls later on (season 3?)… I’ll say no more!

Roll on season 2 – truly epic stuff.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘The Wire, end of season one – Question (minor spoiler)’ is closed to new replies.