Viewing 40 posts - 281 through 320 (of 428 total)
  • The Winter Olympics thread
  • MSP

Am I missing something here, the commentary is about her holding onto the lead, but hasn’t she increased it despite looking a bit scruffy in places.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Am I missing something here, the commentary is about her holding onto the lead, but hasn’t she increased it despite looking a bit scruffy in places.

No, you’re not missing something, in the 4th and final run she extended her lead by 0.19sec despite being a bit scruffy in places.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Just watching the highlights. Aerials.

Now we have slopestyle, it all just looks a bit silly, doesn’t it? It’s just tumbling, really.

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

Could someone tell me, exactly how many more events are there that involve spinning in the air whilst wearing skis or a ski board and a baggy overcoat?

jambalaya
    Free Member

@CFH agreed, it was once the wow event but seems to have been comprehensively “out-cooled”

Great win for Lizzy in the skeleton, come in as world champion and take Olympic gold 4 years after taking up the sport. Cute picture of her holding a valentines card for her bf.

kennyp
    Free Member

I know next to nothing about the skeleton bob, but watching Lizzy tonight was brilliant. Not just the skill and bravery to do that, but her total happiness and enthusiasm at the end, and that of her family and friends too. To me that’s what sport is all about.

What a difference from the overpaid crybaby footballers. And don’t get me started on the Scottish rugby no hopers.

Well done Lizzy, sporting highlight of February for me so far.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Wow RUS v US ice hockey, What drama, better than 007 on ITV!!!!

Bunnyhop

So, are there any other opportunities for a medal now our skating girl was disqualified?

decky
    Free Member

Yes the the skater girl has her best event to come,1000m, hope she gets the gold, now that would be a story

hammyuk
    Free Member

Women’s Skeleton medals being done now – silver and bronze look fun 😉

andyl
    Free Member

Check google images for the Russian 😉

bigdean

Check google images for the Russian

Good god! Not shy then.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Wow RUS v US ice hockey, What drama, better than 007 on ITV!!!!

Good game, bit NHL-ish for obvious reasons. My telly is fully booked for next Sundays final game, whoever’s in it.

nbt

bloody annoyed at the beeb at the moment, we’ve got up to watch the snowboard cross and it’s wall to wall bloody culring – it’s on both BBC2 *AND* the red button. Someone in the scheduling department needs a couple of minutes with Ton 👿 😈

NZCol

Russian curling skip, Hello !

spence
    Free Member

nbt, the snowboarding’s been postponed due to fog.

nbt

we found that out AFTER the curling had finished, there was no mention of cancellation while we watched the curling – just “we’ll be over with snowboard cross in five minutes once the curling’s finished”. Once I heard that I packed up and headed to work. I can watch online if thwe weather clear and they decide to go ahead

shermer75
    Free Member

Russian curling skip, Hello !

davedodd
    Free Member

http://www.businessinsider.com/dario-cologna-peru-roberto-carcelen-finish-line-2014-2

This is the best moment of the Games so far for me, and totally sums up what the Olympics is all about!!

shermer75
    Free Member

Does anybody know if Ole Einar Bjorndalen can still win another medal?

fuzzhead
    Free Member

Ladies SBX yesterday was fab – gutted for Zoe Gillings to miss out on a run in the final due to a photo finish.

Bunnyhop

gutted for Zoe Gillings to miss out on a run in the final due to a photo finish.

Me too.

ocrider

Poor photo finish, getting all the blame 😉

Talking of photos, take a moment and admire faces of Olympic figure skating

DezB
    Free Member

faces of Olympic figure skating

Truly a marvelous thing. Some have clearly dropped an E before venturing out on to the ice.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Wow! Just wow! Some of those images will haunt my dreams for weeks!

DezB
    Free Member

Boardercross quarters are on the red button now. Thanks BBC,can’t bloody record it

DezB
    Free Member

Semi finals already…

davedodd
    Free Member

Shermer,

As long as he gets a spot on either of the relay teams or he’s in today’s postponed mass start then yes. Theoretically 3 chances and very good ones in the relays.

Dave

scruff
    Free Member

So whens the SBX being repeated? Cant see it on BBC.

DezB
    Free Member

So whens the SBX being repeated? Cant see it on BBC.

Who knows? Obviously the BEEB think that hours and hours and hours and hours of ice bowls is far more entertaining than a half hour of boardercross, so we may get a brief highlight of the final on the Olympics Today programme at 7pm. Useless bastards.

torsoinalake
    Free Member

Leigh and Co. really, really need to stop trying to do Warner style metaphor.

DezB
    Free Member

Leigh and Co. really, really need to stop trying to do Warner style metaphor

Some people really, really need to shut up moaning and enjoy it.

nbt

if you check red button timetables, SBX will probably be repeated this evening.

torsoinalake
    Free Member

Well that couldn’t have been closer than if they were dressed in a suit made of fuzzy felt and being chased by a werewolf made out of Velcro. While frotting a penguin left handed.

bikebouy
    Free Member

SBX – I wuz entertain 😆

ocrider

Leigh and Co. really, really need to stop trying to do Warner style metaphor

Leigh was like that 15 years ago commentating big air comps and sledge races in Meribel. Him and Warner are kindred spirits IMO

DezB
    Free Member

if you check red button timetables, SBX will probably be repeated this evening.

I’d be very interested in a link which shows this… (I bet you’ve typed it without checking.)

nickjb
    Free Member
    CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Gold medal going back to Serre Che Valée! 🙂

shermer75
    Free Member

Elise Christie- awesome!! I saw that as a big FU to all recent events…

Viewing 40 posts - 281 through 320 (of 428 total)

The topic ‘The Winter Olympics thread’ is closed to new replies.