Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The Wind (of the blowing weather variety)
  • mrblobby
    Free Member

It’s been a constant bloody riding companion through Autumn, Winter and Spring. Now that it’s Summer can it just bugger off! I can’t remember the last ride I had when it wasn’t in double figures. Trying to do some training on the road bike today, it was like trying to ride on the turbo with a toddler playing with the resistance knob 😡

blader1611
    Free Member

Yep here in leeds bar one day we have had a blustery type wind now for nearly 4 weeks.

steezysix
    Free Member

Yep, went for a road ride earlier, thought I was riding really well and feeling strong. Then I turn around and realized why that was… Head down, grind all the way back home feeling like I was in a wind tunnel.

On the other hand, I’m due to cycle Holland to Norway in a couple of weeks, so if the strong SW winds keep up I won’t even have to pedal! 😀

mrblobby
    Free Member

Yep, went for a road ride earlier, thought I was riding really well and feeling strong. Then I turn around and realized why that was..

🙂 I think we’ve all been there. It’s a bit like riding out, looking at the speedo and seeing 30mph and not being able to hear much wind noise, you know you’re in for a hard time on the way back!

I wouldn’t mind so much either if it was a nice steady wind, but the gusting stuff is just annoying and messes with your rhythm.

cheers_drive

Last year was even windier, this year’s been bad though. As I’m in the Fens that means proper wind with no shelter not the gentle breeze the rest of you get.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘The Wind (of the blowing weather variety)’ is closed to new replies.