• This topic has 16 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by z1ppy.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • The wife wants…..
  • womp
    Free Member

The wife wants her own bike instead of using mine

She loves the plush travel on my enduro but hates the weight
    She loves the weight and 29er wheels on my XC but hates the ridged rear and 100mm forks

So by my reckoning a lightweight (prob carbon) full sus 29er with 130mm(ish) would be ideal

I have found a Cannondale trigger and a spesh Camber, is their anything else I’m missing ?

ade9933
    Free Member

Not sure you’re actually allowed to buy a bike this year of it’s not an Evil Following – according to the mags.

It does actually meet your spec though.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

A budget? Thought of getting her along to a couple of demos? After all she will be riding it 😉 in that space, rocky mtn instinct, various trek/giant offerings and a few more. The new high tower?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Tracey

Can vouch fot the Camber Evo 29 rides very well.

CheesybeanZ

Whyte T130 carbon .

vondally
    Free Member

Orange alpine 29

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Boardman Pro 29er with Big Apple (balloon bike) tyres.

womp
    Free Member

Ohhh yeah budget! ….3k seems realistic

cheers for the recommendations I’ll go have a Google and try to narrow it down 🙂

vondally
    Free Member

Re read and would say a 130mm 29er is a lot of travel And does she need that, SO has a orange 29 and it is a big fast bike, again carbon vs ALU generally in frames not that’s great saving in weight, personally can recommend

Yeti SB 95 current bike
    Turner sultan…. Very good bike

Or
    Rocky element which are tremendous.

Good luck

uselesshippy
    Free Member

As ^^^^ 130mm is quite a lot on a 29er. The cambers are amazing bikes for the money, but I’d have to recommend an sb95, because I own one, and therefore it’s the best 😀

epicyclo

This is where you start building her a bike. Some components will prove to be not suitable, in fact most. So you replace them.

End of process, wife has nice bike and you have a N+¾ from the leftovers, and your wife will realise that the obvious and sensible thing to do is for you to complete the job to N+1 for yourself.

Win 🙂

PJM1974
    Free Member

This thread is full of win. 🙂

Spesh Camber would be my first suggestion, you may try somewhere like Bikescene and get a good deal on a carbon frame or similar.

zero-cool
    Free Member

What about a Capra? £3k would get a carbon one, they’re not that heavy, pedal and climb well and plush travel

jonnyrockymountain

Frame only and the fantastic DW rear
    Carbon bargain
    http://www.winstanleysbikes.co.uk/product/79986/Ibis_Ripley_29er_Frame

Wookster

Transition Smuggler? Or a Camber maybe?

Special_ized_Jamie

Would recommend the Orbea Occam in 29er guise, was great when I tested it and super light. Ended up buying the 27.5 version and love it

z1ppy

Whyte t-129 sounds about right, except for the carbon bit.. Maybe next year?

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘The wife wants…..’ is closed to new replies.