Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 87 total)
  • The who lies to their Partner/wife thread?
  • MoseyMTB
    Free Member

So I popped to 18 bikes today and bought a new front wheel (hope hoop on Flow) and when I got home I had to tell the other half I borrowed it from a friend.

I also got new forks last week and said I got them half price (did I heck lol)!

So who else has to sneak things in/lie about price?

It’s tough work remembering what’s what lol.

radoggair
    Free Member

what she doesn’t know cant hurt her etc etc.

I wouldn’t say i lie, just not tell the truth 🙂

theboatman
    Free Member

Can’t see the point really, I was really into biking when I met MrsB and I don’t think she ever thought I wouldn’t be. Providing the family aren’t wanting for anything, I get free hand to purchase what I fancy. It works both ways I wouldn’t dream of questioning her what on she spends on herself. You start to lie about the little stuff……….

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Were not married nor have any kids, it’s more the why can’t we do this/that because I’ve spent all my spare cash on bits.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Why on earth would you?

ash.addy
    Free Member

All I’ll say is thank god she doesn’t know how much I really spend – I’d seriously be in the dog house.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Ash exactly, I don’t mean lie really. Just exaggerate 😉

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Nope, get yer priorities right and you don’t have to.

ash.addy
    Free Member

Just put it this way the last frame I bought she thought I’d won in a raffle…….
    Charlie you haven’t met my wife…………………

xherbivorex
    Free Member

i honestly find it astounding that you feel you have to mislead your partner in some way simply so that you can ride your bikes. what a sad way to live.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Charlie what priorities? Like I said not married/engaged/parents etc more the fact she thinks I waste money. Therefore it’s easier for my head that I say things are cheaper.

smell_it
    Free Member

Nah, when I have to start blagging a lass, I usually quickly realise it’s time to be single for a bit.

Oggles
    Free Member

Which bike shop was it that could supply an imitation receipt with fake prices to show to the other half? 😀

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Not to ride my bike but because of the amount I spend! The other half us amazing and often sends me off on rides/buys me bits. I reckon she would dump me if she found out I spent £100+ on a wheel lol.

Exactly how I feel when she spends £100+ on hair straightners.

Like I said we have no commitments it’s about the amount I spend not that I do.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Charlie what priorities? Like I said not married/engaged/parents etc more the fact she thinks I waste money. Therefore it’s easier for my head that I say things are cheaper

Well, what would she rather have the money spent on?

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Ha oggles receipt??? I got it from a friend remember.

tazzymtb

if you have to lie about something as trivial as bike bits it’s time to find a new partner as either they’re a nightmare or you’re a nobber 😀

meehaja
    Free Member

“ah, but you see, actually this new bike will save me money!”

“Its ok to get a bmx, because I swapped loads of bits that I’d never be able to sell, for a whole bike which I cold sell easily if i wanted to!”

“If i don’t have abroad bike with gears I’ll have to take your car to work every day”

“Ah, but i Need a new mountain bike”

“this ones better than the other one, it only has one gear”

not lies exactly, just spreading the truth a little thin sometimes. I understand what your saying, it mre hiding from the truth than out and out lying.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Charlie, Pizza Hut, Cinema and new clothes for her.

I think i mislead with the title, it was more who tells the other half things were a little cheaper.

smell_it
    Free Member

Exactly how I feel when she spends £100+ on hair straightners

Why do you care? It’s her money, if she wants to spend £100+ on hair things, so what. If both of you are spending cash on yourselves and that’s stopping you doing couple stuff, it’s a bit of a message.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Blimey, this thread started as a bit of a joke. Meehaja nailed it on the head with his statements.

I’ll go tell her it’s over now. Night guys

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Pizza Hut, Cinema and new clothes for her.

you got no ties, why not buy that stuff too?

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

We do I really think my first statement came across wrong, I should have put who bends the truth. £50 wheel is fine £100 wheel she thinks I’m crazy lol. Therefore £50 wheel is fine!

tazzymtb

in that case it’s just like the magical mystical shoe sale that is always on when more appear in the house 🙂

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Tazzy exactly lol! I’ve seen a few pairs of shoes recently that she’s had for years! Look pretty new to me lol

smell_it
    Free Member

Pizza Hut, Cinema and new clothes for her.

To be fair, she’s not got her sights set too high 😉

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Ha I know, we live in Sheffield though so not much more than that to do.

druidh
    Free Member

Strange as it may seem, I trust my wife not to spend too much money – i.e. more than we can afford. She affords me the same trust. Therefore, we never have to have a discussion on “how much did that cost”.

What a weird and distrustful life you all must lead.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Not at all, nothing to do with mistrust, more she doesn’t understand my love for bike bits and I don’t understand how a hair dye can’t cost a tenner.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

I think a lot of people responding must have joint accounts/mortgages etc. We rent and we pay half each. I always pay what I owe. It’s about her not understanding that bits can cost lots. She would never stop me having something and I would never not pay rent. But …. She thinks I’m daft spending money on bits hence I tell her stuff is cheaper.

GW
    Free Member

Wouldn’t stay with someone I had to lie to or with someone that lied to me.

skidsareforkids
    Free Member

Well, I totally used to THINK I got away with just not telling her about certain purchases (it’s not really lying). Then she used to come out with things like “Where did your 575 go?”. Which surprised me seeing as she despises all things bike!
    The straw that broke the camel’s back was when we last did the insurance, and the bikes came to £16k… For four… That just can’t be explained away 🙁

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

GW i call bull! So you never tell white lies/exaggerate ever? Never late from a ride? Oh I had a flat sorry etc???

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

I know girls who do just the same lies and deceit tricks over shoes. A pal of mine had new ‘bargain’ shoes stacking up at work, because she didn’t dare take them home and never wore them to my knowledge. They were mostly bargains of £200+ reduced to £99+ and the like 🙄 😉 . At least blokes usually use their silly purchases (if only briefly in some cases).

GW
    Free Member

No, never. Mosey

jimmy

likewise, why on earth would you? I do feel a bit awkward sometimes telling her I’ve bought new stuff if its been a while since I bought her dinner or something, but I’d just buy her dinner or something. Trust each other to spend whats reasonable (Druidh, 2010).

Mrs MTG is quite happy for me to spend a fortune on bikes and kit. She gets the Hand Me Downs. 😀

tree-magnet
    Free Member

I don’t think mrs-tree has ever asked me how much a bike bit costs, she trusts me not to blow our life savings on it.

ken_shields
    Free Member

As long as I pay my share my gf couldn’t give a toss what I spooged my money on.

The last partner I felt the need to be “economical with the truth to” has been my ex for 9 years now.

rOcKeTdOg

SIdeways cycles always offered dual receipts, not that I ever needed one, honesty is the best policy!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 87 total)

The topic ‘The who lies to their Partner/wife thread?’ is closed to new replies.