Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • The Whiteroom broke my bike!!!!!!!!! Angryface! etc
  • mrplow
    Free Member

I am currently receiving legal advice on this due to the economic and emotional losses I have suffered since my holiday with them! 👿

We are basing our case around a number of key circumstances.

Number one:
    From the second we arrived we were treated far too well. This included excellent food from James which soon had us above our nominal weight levels. Being on the seefood diet I ate rather well! My weight increase will have added to the loading on my bike. I only went with the springs that were on the bike so it was not long before it was working outside of it’s normal operating range.

Number two:
    Almost all riding was on steep, fast rocky/flowing trails with very little uphill effort required between their well organised routes, uplift landrover and local lift systems. Again leading to me being a fatty and overloading the equipment.

Number three:
    The scenery – this led us to distraction from the main reason for being there – riding our bikes. I believe this led to poor line choice and more abuse to the bike.

I have evidence of number three below:

All of this resulted in this:

Notice the slight modification to the stay. Some will shout “common fault” but this was 5 years old so obviously a good example 😉

Then the emotional pain started. I was reduced to riding a supermarket bike for the rest of the week. I am not sure what make it was but it was a hideous colour and even came with a colour warning on the side of it:

Since returning home the ordeal has continued. Between Evans and Specialized I was “forced” to accept this due to the failure created by the Whiteroom:

This week I have managed to fight the frame tooth and nail to create something that I can get back on the trail on:

I believe the Whiteroom may be launching a counter claim under the legal term “Turbo Tuesday” for our actions while there. I can not comment further on this due to legal reasons.

Some will say this is a gratuitous look and me, my holiday and new bike thread but I repute all claims! :mrgreen:

I shall be out on the maiden voyage with the “Vomit Comet” tomorrow at Glentress. If you see me please don’t wave or say “Hi”- I don’t know you from Adam! lol 😆

allthepies
    Free Member

Blimey, thanks for the headsup. Will avoid.

stevede
    Free Member

Gutted for you, sounds like you’ve had a sh#t time of it with the worst possible outcome! Waiting to get my new enduro from my lbs hopefully at some point next week so am a bit green with envy right now!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    johnnystorm

I left my Spesh at home and rode that Alp 160 instead, Poor thing took a battering while in my hands, had a proper “over the bars” moment on the Ace of Spades. 😆

I’ll agree that the catering is *far* too good!

Thoroughly recommend a trip away with the guys at Whiteroom. :mrgreen:

Del

thank ****. i’m going there first week of sept. will take all this advice on board.

uselesshippy
    Free Member

My heart bleads for you 😀

Bregante

Sounds like you’ve had a crap few weeks there mate. You need to get out on your bike to cheer yourself up.
    Keep your chin up.

DezB
    Free Member

Results!

Onzadog
    Free Member

The paint job on that new frame makes it look like an old URT bike.

pitduck
    Free Member

😆

Mikkel
    Free Member

I am considering filing a claim against you for untimely advice.

Could have used this info 2 weeks ago before i let Evans send my 6 year old and cracked Specialized XC FSR to Specialized.
    Had to accept a Camber frame but that is designed for a 120mm fork compared to the 100mm on the XC, so they also forced a new fork on me.

Specialized warranty rocks.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

A good, and amusing thread! (Oh, and looks like a great trip!)

One small problem, though.

When searching for Whiteroom Bike on a well known search engine, the fifth result, and the first which isn’t from the Whiteroom themselves or their FaceAche page shows as;

The Whiteroom broke my bike!!!!!!!!! Angryface! etc – Singletrack …
    singletrackworld.com/…/the-whiteroom-broke-my-bike-angry…
    9 posts – 6 authors – 1 hour ago
    I am currently receiving legal advice on this due to the economic and emotional losses I have suffered since my holiday with them!

Now, some may know the clever joke, and some may click through and actually read it, but sadly, many will not.

Shame, as it sounds like they deserve very high praise!

🙂

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

I was there a few weeks ago 8)

mrplow
    Free Member

Captain – you must work in IT to work that one out so fast. I’ll run it for a few days and when the thread dies gets it nuked clean off the interwebs. My legal team will probably ask me to remove this once they are back on billable hours on Monday! :mrgreen: 😆

Given all the pain created I had to come on the net as the big man and give it the proper zero achieving hissy fit it deserved!

Not looking forward at all to tomorrow and finding out how inferior a bakelite frame is compared to the aerospace inspired wonder material that is Aluminium. 🙁

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

IT? No….I work with information. 🙂

mrplow
    Free Member

Keep at it, you seem quick enough. Not sure what you are doing on the home of misinformation though lol :mrgreen:

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

🙂

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Just reminds me how good last years holiday was and that my enduro was 6 years old when it died – no free replacement.

Make sure in 4 years time you thrash the **** out of the new one

wallop

Great thread. The trail in photo nr 3 was the highlight of my holiday – did it a few times!

mrplow
    Free Member

I’m showing workmates who have never mountain biked before round GT for a day out tomorrow so it won’t be too stressed… Will let me mess about with it a bit while shouting change gear, level feet, bend legs etc 😆

Fingers crossed we can get someone into A&E again so that the bosses from other teams pull me up on Monday to do their work for the missing party. The joys of organising something work related.

davedodd
    Free Member

Excellent thread!
    Especially seeing as how I’m there in 2 weeks!

althepal

Nice to meet you! (still wiping drool from chin after seeing that bike in the flesh..).

mrplow
    Free Member

Cheers Al , sounds like you have a proper day at it. :mrgreen:

My babysitting did not go well. 3 of the group clearly missed the warning that you had to be able to ride a bike. Granted this is not a true pre requisite of GT but it helps! Still, I was tasked with trying to get them up the hill.

One gave up on the first climb,
    One fell on the first small descent and was shook so headed down (don’t blame her as it was her first time)
    …We lost the other! 😯

To the man with the new eggbeaters. I can only say sorry for us getting in the way. You were very patient and it was seriously appreciated. 🙂

The rest of us marched on and had a pretty good ride from there on in. One of our group was a roadie who had never biked “offroad” (or on small roads like GT ) :lol:. A nice feeling when he said he had a great time. He wants to return the favour with a velodrome session where we will be the noobs!

The new bike is pretty smart on cheeky dry rooty lines compared to the old one but we need more quality time to bond and mess about with the setup.

P.S. Anyone going to the Whiteroom – you have been warned what to expect 👿

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘The Whiteroom broke my bike!!!!!!!!! Angryface! etc’ is closed to new replies.