Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • The what's on your bird feeders thread
  • geoffj

About a dozen long tailed tits, 6 gold finches, couple of robins, sparrows and blackbirds.
    It’s always nice to see the LTTs.

What you got?

footflaps

Mainly squirrels and they’ve learnt how to take then off the hooks, so I have to tie them down…..

fasthaggis

It’s grim up north

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    TooTall
    Free Member

Vultures have been the bird that has most freaked me out since moving to the USA.
    On my first road ride from our new house I turned a corner and there were TWO MASSIVE VULTURES next to the kerb, tearing their way into some unidentified roadkill. I spent the rest of the ride being more defensive and careful than ever, not wishing to end up falling off and seeing vultures heading my way 🙁

john_drummer
    Free Member

blue tits, great tits, coal tits occasionally, robins. There’s a tree sparrow hopping around on the ground below it, waiting for what the other birds dislodge, but (s)he won’t go on the table itself.

also wood pigeons, magpies & jackdaws. all very civilised apart from, surprisingly, the pigeons. Who’d have thunk the wood pigeons would bully the magpies?

dannyh
    Free Member

Blue Tits, Great Tits, Coal Tits, Long-Tailed Tits, Dunnocks, Greater Spotted Woodpecker, Robins……………….

And a Sparrowhawk that the hubbub has attracted!

We used to get Nuthatches at our previous house (across the road), but none sighted yet at the new house.

jimster01

We used to have sparrows,tips of various types, finches, but they’ve all disappeared leaving us with jackdaws and magpies.

Bruce

Blue, great and long tailed tits, House sparrows, Black birds, starlings,collared doves, wood pigeons,robin,gold finches,magpies.

some squirrels but we have a squirrel feeder so they leave the bird feeders alone.

and the occasional sparrow hawk.

Klunk
    Free Member

the usual tits, wrens, blackbirds, finches and buntings but a recent addition is a Pair of Jays and theres not a proper woodland for miles 😕

excuse the image quality 🙂

ahwiles
    Free Member

round ‘ere it’s nowt but magpies, chuffing millions of them.

noisy ****ers.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Blue Tits, Great Tits, Sparrows, Pigeons, Black Birds, Robins and recently a Grey Squirrel 😀

cupra
    Free Member

Blue, great and coal tits. Sparrow, thrush, blackbird, robin, starlings, wood pigeons, collared doves, and a greater spotted woodpecker. Not on the feeders but in the garden a buzzard, tawny owl, sparrowhawk and a pheasant – not all at the same time!

Klunk
    Free Member

earlier this year I managed to catch a wren dancing for his mrs in front of there nest in the ivy can you spot him ?

Klunk
    Free Member

we also have a lot of reed buntings visit during the winter

Klunk
    Free Member

we also seem to be getting a sparrow infestation ! which is good news but boy can they get through peanuts ! and they are real crafty with the sunflower seed feeders One or two will just sit on it pulling out the seeds one at a time and dropping them to the floor where the rest of the gang are waiting 🙂

geoffj

Some nice pictures. I do like Jays and Wrens.

Klunk
    Free Member

then theres mr belligerent 🙂

he has “special” food or nothing, live meal worms. He’s not as tame/brave this year though.

kjcc25
    Free Member

We quite often have a pile of wood pigeon feathers left in the garden.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlaiVu1dV7k&feature=youtu.be[/video]

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Loadsa Spuggies, Great, Blue & LTT’s, Coal tits, Wren, Collared Dove, Robin, Chaffy, & lately…..

[url=https://flic.kr/p/q2ecTx]P1040601[/url] by jimmyg352, on Flickr

Which is a 1st.

beamers

Some slow motion Sparrow activity at 1 minute into this clip of our feeders:

[video]https://vimeo.com/97643580[/video]

Klunk
    Free Member

I won’t tell you again step away from the peanuts, right you asked for it…. Jay don’t share 🙂

this mornings show down.

Klunk
    Free Member

MrSalmon
    Free Member

I do like Jays 🙂
    We’ve given up on ours because of the squirrels. We’re in a flat so there aren’t many options for hanging where they won’t be able to get at it from the side, and I’ve not been that impressed by the squirrel-resistant ones I’ve seen.

brokenbanjo

The cat has moved in to our feeder. He’s a pain in the arse. Normally house sparrows, blue tits, dunnocks, chaffinches, goldfinches, great tits, coal tits, reed buntings, jackdaws, carrion crows, rooks, flying teaspoons, robin, wrens, greenfinches, pied wagtails, blackbirds, woodpigeons and collared doves. Some times a sparrowhawk, but that is a rare event. Once had a tree sparrow which was brilliant. We had a couple of grey squirrels one year, so I shot the horrible little things. Much rather have the reds, but they’ve been missing for 20 years now, although they’ve started to comeback (6miles away) because the greys are being culled.

Klunk
    Free Member

we’ve go one of these and he’s not broken in yet 10 years he’s been trying ! 🙂 though the pesky tits manage to peck through the wiring at the bottom so they could extract whole peanut but I’ve added a wooden plug to prevent their banditry :). It also gives then some protection from mr sparrow hawk.

Waderider
    Free Member

OSPREYS!

Proud of that one so put it up there…they fish in Loch Linnhe during the summer and fly over our house back to the nest, often with a fish in their talons.

Actually in the garden today chaffinchs, robin, blackbird, greyback crows, house sparrows, dunnocks, goldfinchs, coal tit, great tit.

Klunk
    Free Member

been thinking about using chicken bits to see if we can attract red kites into the garden, they overfly the house quite a lot. the oddest bird we’ve had in the garden was one of these

dannyh
    Free Member

Add greenfinch to my list!

Oddest so far was in our old house. Two red legged partridges just wandering down the garden.

garage-dweller

**** squirrels.

Stop the birds getting in and starting to look fat!

If anyone knows how to stop the tree rats please tell me.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘The what's on your bird feeders thread’ is closed to new replies.