Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The Welsh Ride Thing
  • mikeclarke
    Free Member

Hi anyone booked in for this im in this yr and was wondering if anyone did it last yr, could do with some advise on how much stuff i need to carry or not! Any advice is welcome thanks should be good if the weather stays like this…

crispedwheel
    Free Member

Lots of good articles on the blog: http://welshridething.blogspot.com/

General advice – carry as little as possible! I’m doing it this year as well (first time). See you there.

mikeclarke
    Free Member

Nice one my first time too

pedalhead
    Free Member

ps, I’m doing it too 🙂

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I’m losing my WRT virginity this year 🙂

Chew
    Free Member

Everything is going to depend on the weather and the route. I have a feeling that Stuart is planning something more ‘remote’ this year.

If the weather stays as it is (although remember its in mid Wales) getting away with mimimal kit will be possible, otherwise you may have to take extra kit to keep dry.

Food and Water are the other issues. Depends on the waypoints and the route you take. If its hot and sunny waters going to be your biggest worry.

I did it last year, and there is many things you learn, but i’d plan to at least have a practice or two near home to test out your kit and how the bike handles with the extra weight on it.

Its one of those events which maybe wasnt the most fun i’ve had on a bike at the time, but looking back on it now it was great.

Min Kit:
    Sleeping bag
    Tent/Bivi
    sleeping mat
    tarp (i may risk not taking it if the forecasts good)
    Water (and remember how heavy it is)
    Water purfication meathod (tables, boiling water etc)
    Food (either pre-cooked or with a stove)
    Maps + map board (make your own for 20p)
    Dry evening clothes
    bug repellant

Also be realistic of how many miles you can cover in a day, with the extra weight.
    There will be plenty of posts next week once Stuart releases the grid refs.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘The Welsh Ride Thing’ is closed to new replies.