Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 126 total)
  • The Weekly N Korea Thread
  • rossi46
    Free Member

So the North Is At War With The South.

North Korea’s run by a psychopath & South Korea’s run by the Americans- it’s obvious this would happen at some point.

Tin hat time?

piemonster

Wasn’t war declared some time ago?

loddrik
    Free Member

andrewh
    Free Member

They’ve technically not been at peace since the 1940s…

rossi46
    Free Member

There’s been far more fighting talk and threats these past few months than there have been for quite some time- is Kim just playing a game to make himself noticed or is he really planning something?

zippykona

Lets just hope the yanks don’t shoot first.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Guess zippykona you want to wait until you see Bristol or Birmingham glow first?

ohnohesback
    Free Member

It’s all to do with KJU consolidating his powerbase in the CP-DPRK. After all the blustering subsides things should all calm down (we hope) back to the ‘normal’ standoff.

Kryton57

zippykona – Member
    Lets just hope the yanks don’t shoot first.

This is an important point. China and Russia are watching and they all know KN is a bit cuckoo. Bit if the yanks get all fighty first, I really would start getting nervous.

TBH he’s trying to provoke them anyway.

toxicsoks
    Free Member

North Korea? C’mon then…………………….

unklehomered
    Free Member

I think more likely the Chinese do something. They seem to be getting fed up with them now. They could just roll in with little notice/prep (you can bet they have a plan tucked away somewhere), so probably have less bloodshed as less warning. I think things would have to get a lot more crazy first.

Junkyard
    Free Member

all bluster for the domestic audience at present with an eye on us.
    He is a dictator of a small country and any war ends worse for him [ death i guess or prison for ever] than the current situation and he is not daft enough to not know this or want it.

He simply needs to act bat shit mental crazy so he is perceived to be so unpredictable no one even considers an invasion as he will go nuclear/crazy

He seems to be a natural at playing this role but he wont actually start anything – it remains to be seen how much he want to poke the big angry bear with his stick though – ie small skirmishes

rossi46
    Free Member

Either way he has number one status as ‘Bond Villain’

“I expect you to die Mr Obama…….”

Kryton57

You think he’d ^^ have a smartphone….

unklehomered
    Free Member

He’s got a microphone for saying “Kill Them” into though, so credit where credit’s due…

maxtorque

What you can’t see is that the list in front of him is actually a list of pizza places:

“harrow? Yes, Pizshaas weee wannnt preeees, weee hovrcrft send now”………

Kryton57

He lives in Harrow? 😯

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Yes he lives in Harrow where else would he get a crochet mat for his push button state of the art telephone?

rossi46
    Free Member

You think he’d ^^ have a smartphone….

Not likely, South Korea makes most of those don’t they 😆

nickc

Loving the doily under the telephone.

whats the betting that’s not actually plugged into anything, and neither is that telly

unklehomered
    Free Member

No, look at the smirking general behind him, it’s some kind of prank call.

“Harrow, is dat da White House? Yes? Is there a Mr Wall there pwease?”

ski
    Free Member

Loving his chair

pingu66
    Free Member

Loving the doily under the telephone.

whats the betting that’s not actually plugged into anything, and neither is that telly

I don’t think he is actually plugged into anything.

It worries me that the Americans may respond if provoked dragging us into a conflict “again” that we can’t easily extricate ourselves from. Plus with China and Russia sitting in the wings what could ultimately be the outcome.

piemonster

I think he has more to worry about with China than the US

Not sure Russia gives much of a **** tbh

Edit: maybe they do http://www.brookings.edu/fp/cnaps/papers/vorontsov2007.pdf

CountZero

Pawsy_Bear – Member
    Yes he lives in Harrow where else would he get a crochet mat for his push button state of the art telephone?

Bloody hell, so he has, classy! I’m surprised he hasn’t got one of those white anti-Macassar things over the back of his chair, just to complete the image… 😆

andrewh
    Free Member

He is a dictator of a small country and any war ends worse for him [ death i guess or prison for ever] than the current situation and he is not daft enough to not know this or want it.

[worry mode]I’m not so sure. I hope you are right but remember that most North Koreans have no knowledge at all about the outside world and belive whatever they are told by the leadership. If Kim was brought up like that he may well think NK is invincible. I’m hoping the more senior peeps in the government are a little more aware of what’s going on elsewhere but we can’t be certain.[/worry mode]

maxtorque

If he sees this thread, war may well come sooner rather than later….

PH’s NK photoshop revenge

😉

tinribz
    Free Member

He was schooled in Europe, from accounts supposedly shy, a bit lazy and an American Basketball fan. Not that strange.

Publicly having a go at someone powerful is a strategy as old as the hills for politicians to build a reputation. Surveillance has not highlighted any new or unusual troop movements.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

laminated war instructions….. hey these lot are serious!!

and that haircut is bang on trend, half the players on the pitch today were sporting that look!

Kevevs
    Free Member

Looks like he got his phone, furniture and Dictat-a-chair from The Regency Royal Hotel in Llandudno. That place is in a frikkin pinky-beige timewarp! The whole faded pink, beige and grey is a bit old peoples home dahhling, not saying World Dominating Dictator now is it?

kevj
    Free Member

matt_outandabout

😆

Kevevs
    Free Member

THink he needs better lighting. Can’t they afford menacing red lightbulbs? Like when a Hollywood nuclear sub goes defcon-1 whoop-whoooop. You know shit got serious when they start with the red lightbulbs.

CountZero

One of the US targets was Austin, Texas. The residents wonder why, exactly:
    Austin on North Korea’s Hit List
    http://www.neatorama.com/2013/03/30/Austin-on-North-Koreas-Hit-List/

duntstick
    Free Member

I wonder why they feel so threatened, that they have to act this way. Like a Jack Russell in front of a pitbull.

butcher

It worries me that the Americans may respond if provoked dragging us into a conflict “again” that we can’t easily extricate ourselves from. Plus with China and Russia sitting in the wings what could ultimately be the outcome.

There’s no value in it for the Americans. North Korea are virtually no threat to the west.

Not to mention the people are slowly becoming aware that they’re being spoon fed crap from their government. In the unlikely event it did come to war, it wouldn’t be another Afghanistan.

To be honest, I think much of this is propaganda for their own nation, rather than for our benefit. The internal politics of North Korea is utterly twisted and ohnohesback is probably right….just Kim Jong Un flexing his muscles, showing his authority.

Or….he could be a nutter! 😮

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

All this posturing, and the Nuke program, likely comes to nowt. They want Nukes to gain power and influence, but using them means MAD. Or just AD, in KJ-u’s case. But in that case, they have no power or influence, if they’re dead. So they won’t use them.

I hope.

stewartc
    Free Member

North Korea’s run by a psychopath & South Korea’s run by the Americans

South Korea is a fully fledged democracy that happens to have close relations with the US for obvious historical reasons, why would you state something like that?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I’m guessing because rossi believes that South Korea is very dependent US support. Like it was during the 26 years when it was a military dictatorship.

South Korea just happens to be a “fully fledged democracy”, but that has never been a prerequisite for US support, so probably not really very relevant in this context.

And I think the point he was making in his op was that both sides are likely to have gung-ho attitudes, which doesn’t bode well. At least that’s how I read it.

rossi46
    Free Member

^^^ That’s spot on Ernie- exactly how i meant it.
    Without the US the South is cattle trucked. And the US aren’t exactly shy about “kickin some ass”

If he sees this thread

That’s quality 😆

And today’s N Korea headline reads

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 126 total)

The topic ‘The Weekly N Korea Thread’ is closed to new replies.