Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • The weather – starting to get annoyed
  • rusty90
    Free Member

I’m not a wimp, I’ll generally ride in all weather, but I do take exception to going out for a ride in the pouring rain in what is supposedly the summer.
    We had a midsummer’s eve ride planned last night – a nice long pootle ending up at the pub where our wives would join us, sitting in the beer garden by the river. Bliss.
    Reality was torrential rain, a sea of mud and an evening at home in front of the telly and a log fire.
    And the Met Office tell me “The first half of July will probably see the changeable weather continuing to affect much of the United Kingdom”

So who can I blame ?
    The Tories ?
    The French ?
    Evans Cycles ?
    TJ ?

slimjim78
    Free Member

Im starting to think that we may have to accept that Aug/Sep/Oct are now our ‘good’ months.

Who can we blame?

Tom Cruise.

weirdnumber
    Free Member

It’s absolutely chucking it down here. I’m already passed the starting to get annoyed and am honestly starting to feel down about the whole situation. It’s just constant grey days and rain, and I work in a building with no windows to top it off 🙁

Aristotle
    Free Member

slimjim78 – Member

Im starting to think that we may have to accept that Aug/Sep/Oct are now our ‘good’ months.
    More blind faith!

joao3v16
    Free Member

And the Met Office tell me “The first half of July will probably see the changeable weather continuing to affect much of the United Kingdom”

Ah, the met office, well known for their unquestionably accurate medium/long term forecasting …

It’s a good job we only get a bit of wind and rain in this country, rather than any actual extreme weather

So who can I blame ?

It’s probably your own fault … it’s the global climate warming greenhouse change effect

All those years driving a car, flying to exotic holiday destinations, not reusing your carrier bags, fitting inefficient incandescent light bulbs, eating meat, leaving your appliances on standby, not washing & recycling your empty marmite jars

That’s probably why there’s been a water shortage in the SE – we’re all told to wash our rubbish before recycling it …

GrahamS

Commuted by bike on Monday and Wednesday this week, both of which turned out to be beautiful sunny days.

Drove in the rest of the week and it tipped down.

So either I’m just lucky or it is all my fault 😀

loum
    Free Member

So who can I blame ?
    Jimmy Carr

Clover

If you’re happy to take the blame GrahamS, I am willing to give it all to you.

I crumbled and drove in today due to raining stairrods and a huge grey low cloud blanket with no respite in any direction. Then I spent the drive wondering how much capitulating to rainy days and driving in adds to my carbon footprint and our increasingly chaotic weather patterns…

footflaps

Blair or Thatcher, or both.

organic355
    Free Member

what we need is a good old massive earthquake or even a big asteroid strike, something of magnitude just enough to tilt the world on its axis by a few degrees.

ononeorange

Huh. Sitting soaked on a train each day for me, then soggy clothes until at least lunchtime.

MrsPoddy
    Free Member

Because of the weather…
    Remember at the end of May we had that really hot weather well the tarmac melted so the motorbike fell over (it was on the centre stand at the time).
    Due to wet slippery steps MrPP fell over and broke his ankle.
    Due to the wet weather our driveway did not get completed in 2 weeks as first expected, so we have had to park on the road where this week two 15 year olds decided to drive a stolen toyota into our car.
    Any you are pissed off because you can not ride….

rossi46
    Free Member

Blame TJ 😉

Im more pissed off with the wind rather than the rain.

I quite like the rain which is handy, but a headwind is like a cowpat from the devils own herd!

toby1

Did no one else grow up in this country FFS?

It’s ALWAYS like this!

Glasto weekend, usually one of the wetest of the year.

Buy a waterproof – move on!

MadPierre

The weather has been a bit sh*te but “summer” only begins on the longest day….. so there’s still a chance of a decent “summer” after a piss poor “spring”

peterfile
    Free Member

Because of the weather…
    Remember at the end of May we had that really hot weather well the tarmac melted so the motorbike fell over (it was on the centre stand at the time).
    Due to wet slippery steps MrPP fell over and broke his ankle.
    Due to the wet weather our driveway did not get completed in 2 weeks as first expected, so we have had to park on the road where this week two 15 year olds decided to drive a stolen toyota into our car.
    Any you are pissed off because you can not ride….

Because of the weather:

1,836 people died in Hurricane Katrina.

And you are pissed off because of a bump to your car, a motorbike that fell over and a sore ankle….

😉

yoshimi

I’m at Jodrell Bank tomorrow all day/night watching Elbow, outdoors 😐

fuzzhead
    Free Member

Fault? Tories, natch. We wouldn’t have had this weather under a Labour government 😉

It’s normally wet at the end of June isn’t it? Glasto, Wimbledon etc are always affected by heavy rain IIRC – granted we may have had slightly more this year….

edlong
    Free Member

I bloody love it, me. Makes bike rides more fun. Did none of you ever splash through puddles in your wellies as kids? Have you forgotten how much fun it was? My rides are much more fun when it’s siling down.

I draw the line at violent hailstorms, cos they hurt, but otherwise, bring the rain on.

Know what I can’t be doing with? Trying to ride when it’s hot, sunny and still. Boils my brain, it does.

Aristotle
    Free Member

toby1 – Member

Did no one else grow up in this country FFS?

It’s ALWAYS like this!

Glasto weekend, usually one of the wetest of the year.

Buy a waterproof – move on!

To admit, in February, that it’s not going to get any better (only 5-10 degrees warmer) despite the evidence, would be to give up hope.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

ononeorange-Have you considered buying an umbrella?

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘The weather – starting to get annoyed’ is closed to new replies.