Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The way of the peaceful warrior (Dan Millman)
  • Kryton57

Anyone read it? I was hoping for innner calm but 1/3 through and its so full of unbelievable bow-locks I feel like throwing my Kindle out of the window in a rage and asking for my £1.89 back.

Its gets good reviews so – have I missed something, or is there a life changing grand finale?

lucien

Yep, agreed on the book – depends on what you are after really, more cheese or deep and meaningful?

For more cheese, “Surfing the Himalayas” is enjoyable.

For something a bit deeper about life the universe and what’s it all about try “Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance” – a very worthwhile head ****, and needs reading more than once.

roadie_in_denial
    Free Member

Read it years ago and spent most of my time wanting to throw the book across the room. A load of smug, patronizing half baked comments from someone who has just cherry picked the bits he liked from the major world religions and ignored the bits he didn’t like. Can’t remember a single redeeming feature.

oldnick

If it is as shit as the title I’d give it a miss.

What’s the sequel, The Way Of The Violent Pacifist? Peace Through War?

Kryton57

Well. So far I’ve read 30 pages of tripe and learned that meditation can relax you, and “letting it go” is better than being angry.

I’m launching the sequel myself based in the same writing methodology. It’s 100 pages long and is called “the secret of satisfaction might just be a good dump”

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘The way of the peaceful warrior (Dan Millman)’ is closed to new replies.