• This topic has 8 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The war is over?
  • mikewsmith
    Free Member

Apple & Google kiss and make up

Apple and Google have agreed to settle all patent litigation between them over smartphones, ending one of the highest-profile lawsuits in technology.

I guess that just leaves the lawyers crying over lost revenue now. Probably the only winners in the whole thing.

jon1973
    Free Member

I think suing each other for patent infringement was all about trying to delay your competitors to market. It always amazes me the litigation that continually goes on between Apple and Samsung, when the reality is they couldn’t survive without each other. Apple buys 10s of billions of pounds on Samsung components.

boxelder

……while kids die in their thousands for want of clean water.
    Odd world.

footflaps

Probably because it was largely ineffective. Apple has been unable to slow Android, so they have effectively lost the battle to stop it through the courts.

footflaps

……while kids die in their thousands for want of clean water.
    Odd world.

Although mobile phones are one of the key enablers for trade in the 3rd world, so actually benefit the poorest people. However, they won’t be using iPhones, but you do see a lot of uber basic Android phones in Africa.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

the whole thing probably cost as much as a small war anyway, if it puts an end to patents on rectangles with slightly rounded corners it’s a good thing

mos

I wonder if the case would have been dropped if Steve Jobs was still alive? My money would be on no.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

why no? was he dogmatic enough to waste money on it?

Drac

Oh! I thought all 650B bikes had been recalled.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘The war is over?’ is closed to new replies.