Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 166 total)
  • The walking dead
  • weeksy

Yeah it’s all got a little dull at the moment. It’s not really the Walking Dead now, more Piggy and Ralph in Lord of the Flies. If i wanted to watch that, i would…. I want Zombies, crazy crazy zombies….
    It seems like they’ve run out of Zombie plot…. which lets be honest… means it’s lost all it’s purpose.

Pigface
    Free Member

Well I am still enjoying it 😆

Who is the shadowy figure that Rossitta bumps into?

paulneenan76
    Free Member

Pigface- it’ll be Jesus or Darryl or both.

martinhutch

Holding a crossbow, no? Must be Daryl.

Really disappointing episode though. How many times they can rehash the ‘tense search by saviours’ thing? And the girly bonding over sniper rifle was just tiresome.

mrjmt
    Free Member

Doesn’t the bloke with the burnt face still have daryls bow? thought daryl had got a new one from the kingdom.
    Could be him but Rosita thinks its daryl?

scotroutes

the bloke with the burnt face

Dwight. Makes sense that he’s around for the season finale. I guess we’ll have to wait to find out his part.

Eugene – playing a game, surely?

Next week must involve Oceanside. Will there be a fight or will some alliance/compromise be reached?

And a change of command of the Hilltop is coming.

Seems like a lot to fit in.

martinhutch

Eugene has historically not been averse to discarding his principles to save his skin – ie the whole lie which dragged Abraham/Rosita on a wild goose chase.

tenfoot

Well…..glad to see Negan make it through to the next season, but hopefully he will meet his end, in some kind of spectacular fashion at some point.

P-Jay
    Free Member

I fear I was caught up in the hype – slightly underwhelmed by the finale, Wife enjoyed but….

A fuggin Tiger ate his face off – I was happy enough with that.

john_drummer
    Free Member

Enough

jonnytheleyther
    Free Member

Who’s face did the tiger eat?

funkmasterp

Well that was a bit lame. The budget constraints are really starting to show. After watching the final episode of Black Sails just before this I was left very underwhelmed. It just seems very tired now and all the tension has simply gone.

Speshpaul

Probably one of the worst episodes. Lame slow and who hired the A team for the gun battle.

FuzzyWuzzy

Err wtf was that?! It was like a Benny Hill sketch combined with a spaghetti western shootout. OK I got my tiger face-off wish but ffs what a lame action sequence in general.

The plot line wasn’t too bad, I was wondering how the Saviours would stand up to all the groups at once but the double-cross sorted that issue. However once Sasha had done her thing and the shooting started it was just a farce, no real tension and over too soon. OK I get they’re not a well trained military force but spraying bullets in random directions and turning around shooting people who, unless they were blind, would have already killed you is just lame.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Who’s face did the tiger eat?

Someone’s.

No-one’s.

Doesn’t really matter.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

That gunfight scene was possibly one of the worst they’ve done…and they’ve done some dodgy ones. The “one-of-the-main-characters-might-die” tension is gone – I’m not sure any of the major players bit the dust in last night’s episode did they? For a conclusion to bloody weeks of build-up, that left plenty of fans wanting. 😐

EDIT: I suppose Sasha’s demise can be counted, but I think most people saw that coming.

grum
    Free Member

Has it changed any from this?

New season of Walking Dead to show characters finding safe place that subsequently becomes unsafe

Loved it at first but it got ridiculously repetitive.

scotroutes

I really enjoyed it. I kept last weeks episode too to watch them as a double-header. I realised the double-cross was going to happen, glad they didn’t leave it on a cliff-hanger and that Negan made it to another series. The fight looks too assymetric now though so they’ll have to come up with some way to even the odds. Another community would be too much to ask and as Negan knows the sizes of what’s currently allied against him, why would he delay his war?

I also loved the music during the battle scene.

lazybike
    Free Member

It’s time they found a cure for the zombieness, it’s been good and I’ve enjoyed it, last nights shootout…well. I’m hoping next season sees Negan turn to a good guy..they find a cure and all live happily ever after.

P-Jay
    Free Member

grum – Member

Has it changed any from this?

New season of Walking Dead to show characters finding safe place that subsequently becomes unsafe

Loved it at first but it got ridiculously repetitive.

Yes, they sort of addressed that last night on the show “Atlanta, The Farm, the Prison and now here” (Alexandria) – they’ve been in Alexandria for 3 series now (of 7) and it looks to be permanent base, it’s only their second secured based after the Prison.

The plot has changed a lot in the last few years, it does drag at times (a lot of times) but the story does progress and evolve and whilst this does seem to still be a surprise to some viewers, the walkers, at numbers less than dozens if not hundreds aren’t the threat anymore, they haven’t been for years – the survivors have learned to deal with them and they’re not hard to kill once you’re used to it, if you watch you’ll notice that the Guns they carry are first and foremost used in defence of other survivors – they just stab walkers.

The ‘world’ of the Walking Dead is actually bouncing back now, sort of, the remaining survivors have, re-established communities – and a sort of brutal civilisation – I wonder sometimes, post apocalyptic dramas in the US always go the same way – it’s a brutal dog eat dog world – the ‘old west’ was never like that, despite what some cowboy films portrayed, anyway – I’m sure a cure would be lovely, but they’re not going to bring back those who have turned already, they’re already dead, so the upside is limited to not having to stab your mate in the head when they die.

Anyway, I know they say there’s years worth of comic material left and they’re still writing new ones as I understand it – but we’re long past peak TWD TV now, and yes they look to have seriously hacked at the budget – A-Team shoot out about sums it up, running around blasting away with plastic looking assault rifles in random directions with no obvious effect to shooter who whatever they were vaguely firing at, it just wasn’t well done – it looked crap and lacked any sort of drama, bad enough for one of the biggest TV shows in the world, but considering they’ve been building up to it (and doing little else) for most of this series, it was a major let down – saved only by the Tiger.

slimjim78
    Free Member

Yeah, but, that daft ‘king’ shouting
    ”Alexandria shall not fall on this day! huzzah!”

I mean c’mon..

Did anyone else notice Daryls fancy rail gun (or whatever is was) completely changing in firing sound between action scenes?

As with most shows I watch out of interest of where/how the story meets its conclusion – but I tend to agree that the budget constraints and plodding nature are getting a bit long in the tooth.

I really want to see Rick grow a bigger pair and the group to spread their wings a bit. Sitting around in Alexandria cowering is d.u.l.l.
    I get that Negan holds (held?) the power trip cards, but the show is sorely missing in tactical assaults/booby traps. and Zombies.

Still, at least Sasha’s dead. Been holding out for that one for years.

And whats with Jesus? He arrived as a stealth ninja dude with an interesting personality, now he just hangs around in living rooms looking a bit trampy.

IMO – they need to jump forward in time about 5-10 years – to give a real perspective of how their fragile society has changed, how the younger kids developed, and if the ‘Z’ situation ever eases.
    Adding contact with another country wouldn’t hurt either.

Mind you, If I see another car started up on first attempt after a 4/5/6 year standing period.. I may just declare poppycock.

funkmasterp

I liked how the Stig of the Dump style group were using bikes. That’s what we need, more cycles! The whole double cross thing just seemed like lazy writing. Between the dialogue of Stig’s crew and the Kingdom it’s slowly morphing into The Walking Amateur Dramatics Society.

slimjim78
    Free Member

yeah, the stig dialogue is just plain stupid – nowhere near enough time has passed to develop that kind of phrasing among a group.

Pigface
    Free Member

I enjoyed it, silly nonsense.

Is Rick immortal or something 😆

P-Jay
    Free Member

Pigface – Member
    I enjoyed it, silly nonsense.

Is Rick immortal or something

POSTED 2 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

Well yes, they all are – sort of…;)

He does seem to be able to shrug off a pistol wound to the vague area between his nipples and knee.

martinhutch

Bit shit that. Half the episode wasted on some emotional rubbish between a dead bloke and Sasha. The writing has been so pitiful that I was half expecting the last series to have all been her dream…

And I see they’ve pulled the same trick as with the governor. The first fight being a bit useless so setting up to have another go a few episodes later. If the first ep of the next series is entirely devoted to a completely pointless Negan backstory, this will confirm it.

jimdubleyou

Just got round to watching the finale.

Can’t say I’m desperate for the next series to begin.

Lifer
    Free Member

Seems to be 4 episodes a season and then a lot of filler.

First episode
    Mid season finale
    Episode after break
    Season finale

legend
    Free Member

This time round the Finale felt like Mid-season Finale

vinnyeh

Fear the Walking Dead back in a couple of months- I have to say that looking forward to that more than another round of Rick and co.

sweepy
    Free Member

Just binged this with a cold.
    Never again will they get a minute of my time, they’re just ripping the arse out of it now.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Is it out yet?

scotroutes

UK tonight

rmacattack
    Free Member

Should have ended 2 seasons ago. I caught the first episode with negan. It’s just a joke now and basically dragging it out.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Should have ended 2 seasons ago. I caught the first episode with negan. It’s just a joke now and basically dragging it out.

Can’t argue, I know the books go on forever but a great TV series needs an over-all story and TWD seems to have given up on it, feel repetitive, drawn out and stale.

I don’t see it ever having a satisfactory end either, it makes a fortune for the makers so when ratings drop they just cut the budget a bit.

I’m still watching, but it’s not the must-see thing it was a few years back.

FuzzyWuzzy

Yeah same here, I’ll carry on watching it but not with the same enthusiasm. Although GoT is lauded for killing off main characters TWD was doing it well before – both seem to be adopting a more traditional line these days but at least GoT still has a reasonably complex & intriguing story to unfold, I just don’t see me caring half as much when TWD ends.

It was a good thing in the early seasons that people not zombies gradually became the real threat but now as each series focuses almost exclusively on a different set of human baddies you may as well not even have zombies in it anymore.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

yeah yeah its crap but I still want to see it. Zombies!

kimbers

Larest series of Z-Nation is great !

weeksy

kimbers – Member
    Larest series of Z-Nation is great !

Can’t get on with it no matter how hard i try.

mrjmt
    Free Member

Much prefer fear the walking dead now, although with the introduction of the Proctors I really hope its not going to go the same way as TWD.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 166 total)

The topic ‘The walking dead’ is closed to new replies.