• This topic has 22 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • The unmistakable sound of a cracking skull.
  • MrNutt
    Free Member

was awoken last night by a horrific noise, I knew instantly what it was. Got up went to the window and saw three people running over towards a fella laid with his head in the gutter, not moving.

As the situation played out the folks gathered were straight on the phone to emergency services and there was an ambulance (paramedic) on scene within three minutes.

It turns out the unfortunate fella was leaning against a wall one minute when he suddenly collapsed hitting his head on the planet all by himself.

Drunk obviously, a second paramedic team arrived within five minutes and the ambulance after a further ten, off he was taken, hopefully he’s recovering. I would imagine its going to take some time though, the poor lad was in a very bad way, didn’t appear to move his legs at all.

Wearing a sanctimonious hypocritical hat I could bang on about the socially acceptable problem of excessive alcohol consumption but I really can’t be arsed. What it did make me do was think, just how bloody lucky I’ve been given the drinking I used to do, its awful to think that probably an hour earlier he was having a riot with his friends and now, well god knows, it was horrible.

The blood (and wadding) is still in the gutter, think I may go and pour a bottle of coke on it, not a pleasant reminder.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

How many skulls have you heard cracking?

I mean… I know Swindons a dump, but…

druidh
    Free Member

Would a MET Parachute have helped?

donsimon
    Free Member

The blood (and wadding) is still in the gutter, think I may go and pour a bottle of coke on it, not a pleasant reminder.

That has just reminded me of David Busst and the pouring of water to get rid of the blood. 😥
    Also that horrific accidents can happen anywhere, what are we to do? Stay at home all day???

Drac

Poor bugger, he’s probably Ok he may have been out cold through the head injury and/or drink, head injuries produce a lot of blood.

Yeah yeah booze drink bad damage to society blah blah but as MrNutt says he was probably been out enjoying stopped to have a rest on the way home being a bit tips and fell backward.

Cougar

What helmet for…

You’re assuming that drink’s the cause, of course. It’s the most likely, sure, but he could’ve had an aneurysm or anything.

Still, not good, either way. Eep.

mudmonster
    Free Member

Was at a Newcastle united game a few years back in Greece. One toon fan was thrown down some stairs landing on concrete on his head. It sounded horrible but he got up and looked ok. Must have been on the rakia, he was steaming.

BigJohn

Raki’s from Turkey. Ouzo in Greece.

theboatman
    Free Member

From what I hear, the chin guard could have caused some horrendous rotational injury killing both the victim and everyone within a 50 yard radius…..

bassspine
    Free Member

why pour coke on it?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Coke is very acidic… will disolve a tooth in a day or two. Motorway pigs keep some in the back of their cars for cleaning up RTA’s.

bassspine
    Free Member

cheers TSY, mystery solved

roper
    Free Member

will disolve a tooth in a day or two

I’ve tried this and it didn’t dissolve the tooth. Though it did get quite manky after a week or so.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Really? Was it a milk tooth or one of your own?

Certainly cleans up dirty coins well. IIRprimaryschoolC.

juiced
    Free Member

wrong thread

roper
    Free Member

Really? Was it a milk tooth or one of your own?

I think it must have been one of my milk teeth. I did it when I was a kid but then again it could have been a dog’s tooth or some road kill. I might have a spare tooth knocking arround somewhere so could try it again 🙂

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Haha, if I lose a tooth in a biking accident… the cloud will have a silver lining now. Don’t use diet coke!!

iain1775
    Free Member

Coke is very acidic… will disolve a tooth in a day or two. Motorway pigs keep some in the back of their cars for cleaning up RTA’s.

well that explains why the shut the motorways for 8 hours following a 2 car minor shunt
    Diet coke break

firestarter
    Free Member

I used to clean my brasses for my no1 and no2 dress uniforms in the army by leaving them in coke overnight

scotabroad

Hopefully he will be ok, I was first on the scene once whene a brunk student on a bike came out of a side road and got hit head on by a car. His head caused a “v” in the roff above the windscreen. He was not moving and blood was literally running down the street, but he was breathing.

I was convinced he would be very seriously injured. After a night in the hospital all he had was concussion – amazing. Head wounds bleed profusely and can look worse than they are.

DT78
    Free Member

made me laugh out loud 🙂

roper
    Free Member

I found the teeth and couldnt help myself 😳

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/coke-teeth

Drac

Certainly cleans up dirty coins well. IIRprimaryschoolC.

So does lemon juice, vinegar and in fact pretty much any acid and alkaline.

Good luck with dissolving bones though.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘The unmistakable sound of a cracking skull.’ is closed to new replies.