Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The unattainable dream (or just another post about tyres)
  • thebunk

Hello you crazy forum people. I can't find any Maxxis Minion Dhf 42a's with a folding bead. Has anyone seen such a thing, or should I just get some Nevegals and go back to lurking?

snaps
    Free Member

Try these guys, they don't list them but you never know http://nextdaytyres.com/Tyres/Maxxis/Minion-DHF.aspx

RudiBoy
    Free Member

http://www.descent-gear.com/index.php?sec=cat&cat=191

kevlar beads are folding but I think they only make them in dual ply and in a 60a compound but give them a call

james
    Free Member

"I can't find any Maxxis Minion Dhf 42a's with a folding bead"
    That'll be because they don't make them

Folding/kevlar 2.35" Minions are only available in 60a Maxxpro

You'll need to buy a single ply wire or dual ply wire to get a 42a Supertacky Minion

Theres not a lot of weight difference between a kevlar/folding 2.35" minion and a wire/single ply 2.35" minion anyway

thebunk

Thanks for the replies. I'd seen the 60a compound ones, does anyone use these on the front? I've got 42a on front and 60a on back at the moment, with wire beads and they're brilliant for wet, rooty singletrack.

It's probably becase the weight of them sticks me to the trail though. 😀

viv
    Free Member

I have just bought super tacky 42a 2.35 kevlar minion dh F and R folding tyres off CRC.

They will go on my froggy, I will move the bars and then me and the froggy will go around things.

viv
    Free Member

bunk – I use 60a kevlar minion dhr f and r s on my patriot, I like the predictable but late drift of these things… they grip well, but when they go you get a bit of a warning, just enough. Im looking forward to the 42a as the lapierre tracks better..

thebunk

Cool, thanks Viv. I've emailed CRC to make sure of which ones to order, as I ended up with wire bead ones by mistake last time!

You'll enjoy the 42a – I've gone round a few bends at ridiculous speeds (with my eyes closed usually) and wondered how I stayed on…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘The unattainable dream (or just another post about tyres)’ is closed to new replies.