Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)
  • The ugliest shoes ever – fact!
  • TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Please tell me none of you wear these!!

I just got spammed by these guys and did a bit of sick in my mouth!

iDave
    Free Member

‘special’

mogrim

Still better than Uggs.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Better than Uggs… you must be on crack!

I’d date a girl that owned a pair of uggs. But those ^^ no chance, I wouldn’t go near her with yours! They do dress shoe versions.

*dry heaves*

DezB
    Free Member

I’ve always loved the “boat shoe” look. Now they excel…

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

{wonders} Do they do and SPD compatible version? {wonders}

Houns

About as special as fivetens

z1ppy

I believe my g/f has a set of their (or a similar design) trainer’s & can’t recommend them enough to ppl. Helps her back apparently and as she a nurse, she not taken in by marketing crap about health benefits.

khani
    Free Member

The mrs bought some of these, tried em out, said they were really comfy and all that, and never wore them again
    No idea why 😆

finbar
    Free Member

“Masai barefoot technology”, attained by strapping a massive plastic banana to your foot 😆

ianv
    Free Member
    coffeeking
    Free Member

I jsut can’t work up that much emotion about shoes to feel either way about them. I’d rather go barefoot to be honest, so the five fingers are the better option to me.

I’ve no idea why the rounded soles would make you walk more upright either.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

coffeeking – everyone can appreciate aesthetics though, surely?

Torminalis
    Free Member

Alternatively, if you stamp on a drinks can you can achieve the same effect for minimal outlay! I tried this for a while but the noise of a crushed can and the laughter put me a off a bit.

🙁

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Yay, oh YAY. YAAAAAAYYYYYY!!!

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucYDhOV3WqY[/video]

bigyinn
    Free Member

Why would you want SPD compatible ones? Are you an xc jeyer?

mieszko
    Free Member

I think I saw druidh sporting a pair of MBT’s in The Bike Chain. Mixed reviews whether they work or not. They are expensive and not the prettiest either. At least they will be like a shoe not like the UGG rip off. £180+ for boots that might be warm but with so crappy outsole that deforms and is a similar quality as a £3 flip flops.

Torminalis
    Free Member

My love/hate relationship with this place has erred on the side of love.

I’ll try not to call anyone anything rude. Try really hard. Hard. [sniggers]

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Are you an xc jeyer?

Coz nobody rides DH clipped in?? 😕

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Completely OT so I apologise.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QMiCBJ7yRM[/video]

john_drummer
    Free Member

Does anyone remember the Clarks “cornish pasty” shoe? They were ugly

Torminalis
    Free Member

coffeeking
    Free Member

coffeeking – everyone can appreciate aesthetics though, surely?

I can see they’re not the shoes I’d like my missus wearing on a friday night in town, but when I look at them I don’t think “euch”. I just think “mmm ok”. Just can’t quite work up the “little bit of sick” enthusiasm!

theyEye
    Free Member

I have a pair!

buffalobill
    Free Member

A work colleague bought a pair and found it difficult to stand still at a urinal, due to the rocking motion….

duntmatter
    Free Member

No shoe is entirely useless..

cinnamon_girl

Isn’t choice of footwear a personal thing? You know, bit like your bike?

Seem to remember a recent thread about “what slippers?”. Don’t think he got the pointing and laughing thing apart from me. My New Year resolution therefore is tolerance.

Oh and welcome back Torminalis. 🙂

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

Still better than Uggs.

Dunno, Uggs feel lovely on your shoulders 😉

alexxx
    Free Member

A topic of ugly shoes on a mtb forum? hmmm.. who owns five tens or clipless shoes?

I wouldnt wish this fashion fopar on any mtber.

partypants
    Free Member

It just so happens I browsing a shoe retailer this very day and tried a pair one, then walked ’round the shop for a bit. I couldn’t believe how comfortable they were, and how fun walking was.

Then I put them back and walked on.

I’m sure there could be some design work done to make the bowed sole more subtle. Through use of “perception puzzles“.

higgo
    Free Member

I saw a pair of fur-lined Crocs the other day.
    Quite hideous.

IanMunro
    Free Member

Only £40 at wiggle 🙂

Suggsey
    Free Member

I bet they take ages to wear out the sole as there seems to be no direct strike point on the heel. Was tempted to try a pair on but as someone has mentioned my school shoes of old (yes Clarks Cornish Pasty shaped shoes), you lot have put me off in case I am ridiculed again 😛

speaker2animals

While I agree they ain’t very stylee I too have a friend who was a nurse too, has a LOT of trouble with her back and these do help her with it at times. So yes they are “Special”/orthopaedic but if you have ever suffered with back pain for any length of time there comes a point where style goes a LONG way down your list of priorities if something will give you relief.

Whereas Ugg boots look terrible, have no benefit and possible a lot of downsides (have you seen how many girls wearing them are actually walkiing on the upper material cos they are SO supportive!

catfood
    Free Member

Well my surgeon was wearing a pair as she operated on my foot, said they were very comfy, so pretty highly recommended, then again she seemed to wear FM high heels for all the consultancys I had with her.

druidh
    Free Member

Spotted!

Yeah – I’ve been wearing them for the past 4-5 years. They were recommended to me by an orthopaedic consultant as I have issues with heel pain when I stand for any time or walk any distance. As described above, the lack of heel strike helps, plus your weight has to be centered over the shoe. It’s this which improves posture and so can assist in the relief of back pain. As also noted above, you can’t really slouch in them and you end up rocking back and forth all the time. This is great for the calf muscles.

The soles do last a fair while, but the cushioned midsole gets “tired” after a while. I really need to replace mine as they lack the cushioning they once had.

jamesca
    Free Member

i’d rather have crippling back pain then wear them

MrsToast
    Free Member

Your powers of ugly shoes are weak. WEAK, I SAY.

I present, for your viewing pleasure…

dustytrails

Mrs Toast
    WTF are those!! – can people actually walk in these – they’re not even “bedroom” shoes!! 😆

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘The ugliest shoes ever – fact!’ is closed to new replies.