Viewing 40 posts - 281 through 320 (of 392 total)
  • The UFC/BELLATOR/MMA Thread.
  • Jamie
    Free Member

Best UFC in a looooooong time.

Loads of excellent fights and some genuine upsets.

5 picks right out of 9 fights, so getting better as an armchair analyst 😀

ctk
    Free Member

Yep awesome! Hope GSP fights again soon & hope Bisping retires.

TJ vs MightyMouse yes please

Wonderboy vs Woodley again? Surely not, maybe vs Colby?

Jamie
    Free Member

Wonderboy vs Woodley again?

Nah. I agree with Rogan, he’s got to earn that fight with at the very least another win.

jimjam
    Free Member

That was incredible from start to finish. I can’t remember a better event off the top of my head. Incredible displays of martial arts and MMA from start to finish.

With the excetoption of Conor McGregor’s fights I don’t think a UFC or a psorting event has ever caused me to have such a roller coaster of emotions.

Powerful, awesome, incredible.

Jamie – Member

He’s not your average brown belt though.

Looked pretty average tonight. Should have had points taken for the fence grabs.

[/quote]

Well, he showed that he’s not a complete MMA fighter yet but he also showed what an accomplished bjj player can do in mma. The only reason he got out of round one was because of his BJJ skills and his display in rnd 2 was just beautiful.

I’ll admit to being slightly biased because Gall’s side control to crucifix game is exactly my bjj game and it was awesome to see it in the octagon.

It was obviously even better to see GSP choke out Bisping (who I like) but just the speed and fluidity that GSP rendered Bisping unconscious with was incredible. That one fight card had more drama and more excitement than a year of boxing.

Awesome. Simply awesome.

schrickvr6
    Free Member

I was so happy to see Rose take out Joanna jdrzrzrzek, a class fighter she may be but she lacks any class outside the ring. I know there’s smack talking but she either takes it way to far or she’s just a ****, I suspect the latter.

Pigface
    Free Member

What was McGregor doing last night in Dublin?

jimjam
    Free Member

Acting like a massive **** it seems.

Jamie
    Free Member

🙂

There is never, EVER, a situation in which you put your hands on a referee. Ever. You can’t apologize for that

Dana White.

Cocaine is a hell of a drug….

ctk
    Free Member

Mcg is a dick hope Ferg smashes him.

Shame about injuries to Edgar and Cruz.

jimjam
    Free Member

Cocaine is a hell of a drug….

Quite.

Pretty good fights scheduled tonight. Anthony Petis by submission 7/2…Joe Lauzon by submission 5/1 😈

Jamie
    Free Member

Wait….Bisping is fighting in China, stepping in for Silva, on the 25th Nov?

Seems quite soon.

ctk
    Free Member

Wow! Cant believe Bisping is doing that.

Saw his wages for 217 $500k and GSP got over $2mil. I think I’d want more if I was Bispibg. Maybe ppv points are added?

blueflamespecial
    Free Member

Bisping has always earned well in the UFC. I would think that he’s getting a ppv percentage for sure.

jimjam
    Free Member

As champ he wuld get ppv points. GSP’s pay is based on him renegotiating a his contract / returning as the goat.

Jamie – Member

Bisping is fighting in China

Seems quite soon.

Well he was choked out, so apart from cuts due to elbows, he mightn’t have taken any real damage. If it had been a tko or ko there would have been (I think) a min 3 month or 6 month medical suspension.

Lacklustre card last night but the main event was pure fire. And Matt Brown v Diego……omg.

jimjam
    Free Member

24 years ago today, Royce Gracie changed martial arts (and combat sports) forever. Osss!

Jamie
    Free Member

Heh…

jimjam
    Free Member

ESPN 30 for 30 podcast on UFC 1 and the early beginnings of the UFC. Unless you’ve already listened to Art Davie and Big John McCarthy on Big John’s podcast, chances are this will be entertaining and informative.

Home

It’s on itunes, stitcher and podbay too

No Rules: The Birther of the UFC.

BoardinBob

Meh

Mir – 38
    King Mo – 36
    Sonnen – 40
    Mitrione – 39
    Nelson – 41
    Fedor – 41
    Rampage – 39
    Bader – 34

It’s a bit more

than

jimjam
    Free Member

BoardinBob – Member

Jamie » Heh…

Meh[/quote]

I’d be more heh than meh if it wasn’t for the fact that it’s not happening in one night (as far as I know).

If Bader gets past Mo and I assume he will, it’ll be him or Mitrione. But it’s at Heavyweight…..so you never know 😉

BoardinBob

Ouch!

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6H6ND35Swc[/video]

jimjam
    Free Member

Yeah, poor Mike. Although it’s an even worse note to go out on, he really should retire. Easy to say in hindsight but he should have retired after the GSP fight. There’s no shame in being choked out by maybe the GOAT.

He’s expressed an interest in doing grappling comps – that would be a good way for him to segway into semi retirement.

Jamie
    Free Member

Soooo. Conor is passing his time punching gangster’s dads in the head?

Conor McGregor supposedly in a fight in Dublin last night from ireland

jimjam
    Free Member

You can take the boy out of Dublin…….

Jamie
    Free Member

Some say they’re still looking for ‘Reem’s head.

Notter
    Free Member

Ngannou is one scary human being…that was absolutely brutal, he should take Stipe and has the potential to rule for a while, as risky as that is to say with the big boys!!

Good rematch between Holloway and Aldo but Max always looked in control, Aldo must be done now?

Jamie
    Free Member

Aldo vs Bisping. Loser has to retire.

Notter
    Free Member

Also v Bisping, draw, both retire 😉

Notter
    Free Member

Great pic btw Jamie!
    Did you see how quick Ngannou went for the ground and pound as soon as Overeem hit the deck!

jimjam
    Free Member

Holy shit that was incredible. I didn’t see the Fightpass prelims but the FS1 fights were unbelievable. If you didn’t see them check out Cowboy Olivera against Yancy Medaeiros and Charles Olivera vs Paul Felder. Olivera vs Medaeiros might be fight of the year.

The UFC is delivering pure fire at the minute an next week it’s Robbie Lawler vs RDA and Cub Swanson vs Brian Ortega….good googly moogly. Unreal.

arrpee
    Free Member

Olivera vs Medaeiros might be fight of the year.

Yeah, reminded me of Lawler vs McDonald in 2015.

You’ve got to feel for Aldo somewhat; he still looked like he could beat most of the division, but it seems like Holloway is his limit. Can’t wait to see Holloway against some of the new blood, like Magomedsharipov and Volkanovski (the sawn-off Cain Velasquez).

Most impressed by Eddie Alverez against Gaethje; just superb composure. Didn’t expect to see him get that finish. Lightweight division remains stubbornly bonkers – top 10 seems no clearer in my mind.

Really hope Overeem retires. Can’t see it.

jimjam
    Free Member

…and there’s more!

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpcQa2c1v3g&t=0s[/video]

stuc
    Free Member

Ulcerative Colitis – from experience a horrible disease and the right thing to do to take the necessary time to figure out how to treat it and manage it.

jimjam
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYYUsbKgY7c[/video]

Khabib makes weight! Cyborg makes weight! Fight’s on!

Jamie
    Free Member

I ain’t celebrating till he steps in the octagon. The MMA gods are unpredictable 8)

jimjam
    Free Member

The MMA gods are unpredictable

…not to mention fickle. And cruel. But I’m optimistic. Interesting to see Khabib was pretty much just drilling arm bars and back takes at the open work out.

Jamie
    Free Member

It’s either Barboza taking multiple trips on Khabib Airlines then ending in a sub, or Khabib getting a shin to the jaw and getting KTFO in RD1.

I’d also really like to see Holly Holm win. Mostly as I always like to root for the David in these David v Goliath matchups.

jimjam
    Free Member

I’d also really like to see Holly Holm win. Mostly as I always like to root for the David in these David v Goliath matchups.

I think Holly has a great chance. She’s a great counter striker and she does her best work against aggressive opponents. I don’t think she can KO Cyborg but she can certainly evade and out point.

Numagomedov Barbosa seems to write itself alright. I’m hoping some kind of resolution, either Khabib’s hype train derails in spectacular fashion or he makes an even more hyperbolic statement of intent.

wiggles
    Free Member

still looking for Numagomedov weaknesses… just had to much strength and just controlled the whole thing even if he didnt finish it.

Similar story for Cyborg, just too powerful and strong for Holm to really do any damage although she didnt really land much anyway.

Facebook just seems full of people calling cyborg a man 🙄

jimjam
    Free Member

wiggles – Member

still looking for Numagomedov weaknesses…

His entries into the clinch and takedown are an obvious opening for an opponent who’s willing to meet him and swing. Also, it’s easy to say in hindsight but Barboza was only looking to escape – he had opportunities to pull guard. Someone with a dangerous guard (ie Ferguson) might do well. He’s obviously an insanely talented grappler but Barboza and Johson made no effort to engage in a grappling match with him.

just had to much strength and just controlled the whole thing

Not strength, technique and pressure.

Anyway, I’m back on board the hype train and very excited to see him against Ferguson.

Viewing 40 posts - 281 through 320 (of 392 total)

The topic ‘The UFC/BELLATOR/MMA Thread.’ is closed to new replies.