Viewing 32 posts - 361 through 392 (of 392 total)
  • The UFC/BELLATOR/MMA Thread.
  • jimjam
    Free Member

Better yet, look past McGregor’s indescretions and feed Nurmagomedov to Artem Lobov. See if “The Eagle” can handle the GOAT!🐐🐐🐐

ctk
    Free Member

Conor vs Khabib make it happen Dana!  In a **** gym behind closed doors if need be lol.

jimjam
    Free Member

Conor McGregor managing to make the local and UK news tonight for acting like a **** and yet you’d think he, and the sport of MMA didn’t exist if you relied on their coverage of the sport.

Goddamn fake news.

arrpee
    Free Member

I think I just sighed a hole in my soul.

Tony Ferguson is currently dancing around in a voodoo head-dress, doused in lukewarm chicken blood.

Silver linings and all that, it sets up Max vs Khabib down the road without all the caveats.

jimjam
    Free Member

Tony Pettis and Al Iaquinta are apparently still in the mix to fight Khabib. It has to be Pettis, they can’t leave Felder without a fight. Number 1 bullshit!

jimjam
    Free Member

Raging Al stepping in to the main event.

arrpee
    Free Member

Really think that Rose vs. Joanna should be the main event now. Far more meaningful fight as Iaquinta can’t win the belt.

jimjam
    Free Member

No I think it would be the only fitting way to end this week will be for Raging Al to win the main event by way of a Khabib self Ko during a failed take down.

Jamie
    Free Member

Not been online for a bit. Thought the bus attack was the end of this week’s weirdness.

Guess I was wrong.

jimjam
    Free Member

Not been online for a bit. Thought the bus attack was the end of this week’s weirdness.

Have you seen the latest embedded?

Jamie
    Free Member

Just watching it now.

McNuggets could have really **** someone up with that sack barrow through the window. Prick.

jimjam
    Free Member

Just watching it now.

McNuggets could have really **** someone up with that sack barrow through the window. Prick.

Don’t touch Conor’s Artem! Ride or die. Is it wrong that I think a bare knuckle fight between him and Khabib in the car park would have been awesome?

Lee Murray v Tito Ortiz mk2.

arrpee
    Free Member

Well, that was a another dominant win  from Khabib, but I’m not one bit confident that Tony or Max wouldn’t have given him terrible problems if he tried to stand with them like he did with Iaquinta. He was jabbing the face off him, but took way too many flush shots in response.

Conor also likely to feel emboldened watching that, although I’m not sure his cardio would have held up. Likely to be very dangerous in the first couple of rounds though.

A possibly-not-so-dark horse challenger in Justin Gaethje. Endless cardio, knockout power, horrible clinch and wholly unlikey to get discouraged by anything Khabib does.

Great stuff from Rose and Joanna. Rose just seemed to zombie her in that last round.

jimjam
    Free Member

ARRPEE

Well, that was a another dominant win from Khabib, but I’m not one bit confident that Tony or Max wouldn’t have given him terrible problems if he tried to stand with them like he did with Iaquinta. He was jabbing the face off him, but took way too many flush shots in response.

Yeah I’m inclined to agree. I think Tony Ferguson in particular will have been gutted to watch that. Iaquinta looked distinctly average and still managed to make Khabib look like a mere mortal with a low stance, feinting his own take-downs and managing to avoid Khabib’s low singles. It’s hard to know if Khabib was fully healthy but may still have been feeling the weight cut, he seemed incapable of adapting his game.

Calling out GSP might be as much about avoiding that weight cut as it is about avoiding waiting around for McGregor to sort his life out. GSP would maul him based on that fight.

I think McGregor would have beaten him handily on Saturday night’s form. I think Gaethje is a bad matchup for Khabib but I don’t see him beating Poirier (I guess we’ll soon see) and I don’t see Khabib sticking around at Lightweight.

jimjam
    Free Member

Oh and Rose looked great. Definitely thought she won rounds 1,2 and 5 clearly. Joanna still in fantasy land.  Too bad Rose didn’t take her down and choke out to draw a line under it.

Euro
    Free Member

FIght of the night? Fight of the bloomin’ decade more like. That was awesome!!!

Fell asleep during round 4 of the main bout (watched the rest ths morninng). Loved his comment on Conor preferring to fight a bus than him 😀 Bad day in the office for Khabib but still came out champ. Don’t think Conor would have got up as easily as Al did and Khabib would deffo go to the ground more against McSlabber. I’m a big fan of Tony and think that’s the real title fight. And would love to see T City have a go at either.

Rose was awesome. Love her calmness and humility. And her ability to make a world class striker miss almost every time 😀

jimjam
    Free Member

FIght of the night? Fight of the bloomin’ decade more like. That was awesome!!!

Are you referring to <span class=”st”>Zabit Magomedsharipov</span> vs Kyle Bochniak? That was a hell of a fight. Zabit broke his hand apparently. Someone get that guy some english lessons.

Bad day in the office for Khabib but still came out champ. Don’t think Conor would have got up as easily as Al did and Khabib would deffo go to the ground more against McSlabber

Hmmmm. Really not so sure about that. McGregor is at least a brown belt in jiujitsu as of a year ago and has been training extensively with Dillon Danis since then. The knock on him is always that he’s no good on the ground and yet whenever he hit’s the ground he’s shown to be more than capable (when not half knocked out already). The idea that a UFC champ and blackbelt level BJJ player is crap on the ground is just nonsense. McGregor also measures distance brilliantly making him incredibly difficult to shoot on. He would handle Khabib’s low singles easily. A blast double leg from someone like GSP, Woodley or similar might be a different question though.

jimjam
    Free Member

Minor PSA for MMA fans – the UFC have 6 fights on Fightpass tonight from 8:30 and they have the usual month long Fightpass trial available. Bizarrely I was able to avail of it just by re-entering my payment details (already had an account and then cancelled).

The main card is fantastic, on paper at least.

jimjam
    Free Member

Bellator 200 on 5Spike tonight. Pretty good card for free tv. Then UFC Liverpool on Sunday – big night for MMA in the UK.

arrpee
    Free Member

More weight cut madness. Wholly unsurprised to see Till failing to make weight; the guy’s stupidly big for a welterweight. I suppose he appears to have tried at least, as opposed to doing a MacKenzie Dern. However the on-day upper weight limit just seems ridiculously unsafe.

jimjam
    Free Member

arrpee

However the on-day upper weight limit just seems ridiculously unsafe.

I think California have a rule to that effect – A fighter must not weigh 10 or 12% more than their weigh in weight come fight night. Suffice to say, if you can’t safely be at 188lbs, you shouldn’t ever be 170. One FC have the right idea, or close to it.

Very nearly time for Till to weigh in again….wouldn’t be surprised if there are further complications.

ctk
    Free Member

Holloway out again.  Stipe vs DC is going to be awesome.  Ngannou vs Lewis should be super fun also… Double K.O? ;-).

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Ngannou vs Lewis should be super fun also

Well that didn’t go to plan….

BoardinBob

Yeah, abysmal

though not as abysmal as the DC – Lesnar cringefest afterwards…

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Meh, I had no problem with it. A bit silly, a bit WWE, but whatever. Didn’t detract from the night.

MSP

I am surprised we don’t get more of it to be honest, WWE do own UFC.

ctk
    Free Member

DC with a couple of naughty eye pokes.  Card missed the Ortega vs Holloway match up especially with DL Vs FN being so shite.

patriotpro
    Free Member

One of the most disappointing fight cards ever imo…

The Lesnar/DC thingy afterwards just about summed it up. Terrible.

arrpee
    Free Member

Too early to start talking about McGregor vs. Nurmagomedov?

Have I guaranteed that Khabib will decapitate himself in training just by mentioning it?

As a lot of commentators seem to be suggesting, this one seems very binary to me: either McGregor gets an early KO/TKO, or Khabib gets his hands on him and turns the fight into a horror film.

I wonder about the possibility of McGregor surviving being taken down in rounds one and two, then having an opportunity to get back into the fight in the later rounds. Iaquinta sort of managed this, as he largely avoided being taken down in rounds three and four. However, he still lost those rounds on the feet. Could McGregor still be in position to win those rounds if he gets Khabibed in rounds one and two?

Lots to ponder.

swedishmatt
    Free Member

UFC 235 3AM time UK time. Stay up or watch tomorrow ?

Woodley Vs Usman (Woodley wins)
    Zabit Vs someone (love his skills, zabit wins)
    Askren roman soldier looking dude fighting Lawler. (Askren wins ground and pound )

Three good fights right there !

ctk
    Free Member

Awesome card tonight.

arrpee
    Free Member

If Usman can get out of the first couple of rounds, Woodley might be in trouble. Usman’s pace is terrifying, he’s at least as strong as Woodley and can compete with his wrestling. Usman WILL get hit early though.

I favour Zabit over Stephens, provided he remembers to wrestle.

Looking forward to Garbrant vs Munhoz too: tough comeback for Garbrant.

Viewing 32 posts - 361 through 392 (of 392 total)

The topic ‘The UFC/BELLATOR/MMA Thread.’ is closed to new replies.