Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • the UCI and how your saddle angle could now be illegal…
  • float
    Free Member

the article

basically says any more than plus/minus 3 degrees from hoizontal is unacceptable.

what is this, i dont even… 😐

wwaswas

They’re banning pedals next year as well, I read, as they give an unfair advantage to those with strong legs.

clubber
    Free Member

This isn’t news though – they already forced it on some races in 2011 – Vaughters in particular got pretty het up about it IIRC.

http://www.google.co.uk/#sclient=psy-ab&hl=en&source=hp&q=vaughters+saddle+angle+uci&pbx=1&oq=vaughters+saddle+angle+uci&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&gs_sm=e&gs_upl=9812l10468l0l10748l4l4l0l0l0l0l234l686l0.3.1l4l0&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&fp=acc135da6d1347b&biw=1280&bih=862

woody2000

something else for the Shreks to get het up about 😀

RobHilton
    Free Member

It’s good that they’re focussing on the important things like this

xcgb
    Free Member

This too

Locating bottles behind the saddle, on the stem, or in any other position will then be prohibited

🙂

wombat

Is it April 1st all of a sudden? 🙄

ourmaninthenorth

Of course a saddle should be horizontal. Although judging by the number of freakish bikes posted up here, you’d have thought the memo hadn’t got through to STW-land….

aP
    Free Member

I can’t imagine there’s anyone on here that’s going to be riding a UCI race, so all those pointy down saddles we see so much of can stay just as they are.

rusty90
    Free Member

Locating bottles behind the saddle, on the stem, or in any other position will then be prohibited

Good job too. We don’t want revolutionary new ideas like that, do we.

njee20
    Free Member

I can’t imagine there’s anyone on here that’s going to be riding a UCI race

Generally BC races are run under UCI regs – so for road racing at least they could get fussy about it. Doubt they will though, seems ridiculous!

leggyblonde
    Free Member

Generally BC races are run under UCI regs – so for road racing at least they could get fussy about it. Doubt they will though, seems ridiculous!

Some of the more strict technical regs only apply to UCI ranked races. eg fat tyres on cross bikes: not allowed greater than 33mm at a UCI race, but you can have whatever tyre you want at a BC race.

Apparently this also applies to the minimum weight rule, which is handy for me…

kilo

Good job too. We don’t want revolutionary new ideas like that, do we

You may know this but there’s a theory in timetrialing that it’s more aerodynamic to have the bottle horizontaly along the stem, hence the UCI action

rusty90
    Free Member

In my TT days people were still busy drilling holes in everything 🙂

kilo

In my TT days people were still busy driling holes in everything

In my first go it was pmp cranks as the ultimate accesory

DezB
    Free Member

the horizontality of the saddle

This phrase has made my day. No, my week. No! My YEAR! Yippee!

RobHilton
    Free Member

Some of the more strict technical regs only apply to UCI ranked races. eg fat tyres on cross bikes: not allowed greater than 33mm at a UCI race, but you can have whatever tyre you want at a BC race

It might depend who’s in charge and how seriously they take themselves. When I was in the Boys’ Brigade there was one referee from another company who used to stop football games if anyone’s jersey wasn’t tucked in or their socks had slipped down. The game could be restarted once ALL FIFA rules had been complied with.

Anyone found to not be wearing shin-pads wasn’t even allowed on the pitch/sent off if discovered once play had started!

crazy-legs

Only time my bike has ever been checked was before some of the crit races at the old Eastway Circuit. I’d ride up there and there’d be someone there saying “you need to get your bike checked before you can sign on”.

He’d then hand your beautiful bike to a gorilla who’d hang himself off the bars, twist everything violently and then point with pride to how your STI’s had moved by 3mm.

“They’re loose, go get them sorted or you can’t race”

Should your bike manage to get through the beating, you’d be given a little numbered disc to hand in at sign on to prove you had a safe bike.
    Thankfully that practice seems to have stopped now.

rusty90
    Free Member

In my first go it was pmp cranks as the ultimate accesory

Fortunately things have moved on since then

kilo

Rusty 90, I want some of those for my tt bike 😀

rusty90
    Free Member

I used to scrutineer at Eastway Crazy Legs, and I probably know the gorilla in question – a guy named Kev from the Whitewebbs whose brother was London power lifting champion. He was a bit over zealous.

Mind you, we caught some simply shocking bikes as well – brake blocks running on the sidewalls, brand new tubulars on brand new rims with no sign of glue, handlebar stems without exapander bolts in – so we might have saved a few bits of skin in the process.

rusty90
    Free Member

No, you want some of these Kilo, much more elegant

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘the UCI and how your saddle angle could now be illegal…’ is closed to new replies.