Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • The Turboferret Shed
  • Solo
    Free Member

I therefore decided that I would compromise daylight for security.

Hopefully a few fluorescent tubes will make it tolerable to work inside, and I’ll probably have the door propped open too

Just pin something to the wall:

Or use a glass treatment which inhibits viewing the contents, from the outside.

turboferret

Maybe a giant TV would suffice 🙂

Regardless of how much one could see through a window, it would present an obvious way of attempting to break in. Bars and extra security would of course have been an option, but I also wanted to keep the whole thing relatively simple and cheap.

Cheers, Rich

Solo
    Free Member

Bars and extra security would of course have been an option, but I also wanted to keep the whole thing relatively simple and cheap.

Aye, windows would be a nice touch, but I sympathize. Sometimes seems like you can’t have anything these days for fear of someone, taking it.

My bikes live in the house, but believe me, I’d rather that wasn’t the case. But one is particularly special, so it has to stay indoors and out of sight when not being used.

turboferret

Finally ready to get my new cut-price Halfords tool-chest set into the shed 🙂

Also slapped an off-cut of lino down. Need to put a 2nd coat of emulsion on the walls at some point too as it’s a bit patchy at the moment and doesn’t look particularly smart.

Haven’t put my hooks up yet, but did move my bikes out of the 2nd bedroom into their new home 😀

The moment the shed turned from a time-consuming project into something useful 8)

I really must put a handle on the inside of the door too as currently there is a very real chance of getting shut in with no means of escape 😮

Cheers, Rich

HansRey

nice shed, and it’s good to see how you made it.

One comment though, can people find your address by looking up the details linked to the car registration plate?

turboferret

That is a good point, in case someone can I’ve obscured my reg.

Cheers, Rich

turboferret

Not a huge amount of progress over the weekend as I was away, but I did screw a couple of hooks in yesterday evening:

The commuter closest to the door hangs pretty much exactly perfectly for grabbing easily and doesn’t interfere with access. The tri bike isn’t hung up yet as I need to dig through my spare wheels as a normal hook doesn’t really work with a disc!

Longer chain required too for locking.

Cheers, Rich

IA

normal hook doesn’t really work with a disc!

Bungee round the frame, if that makes sense. Like the way some roof racks work. Hang it the same way.

turboferret

More shed progress – the workbench is 90% done

Also used the bungee idea for my tri bike, works a treat 🙂

A bit more paint in a couple of areas, a few shelves and a permanent power supply and it’s pretty much done.

Cheers, Rich

Basil

one addition to our shed was to clad the inside with rebar ,the 8 x 6 sheets.Tied the roof rebar to the wall pieces.
    Wish I had done this before the last break in.

renton
    Free Member

That looks top stuff mate.

turboferret

We now have some shelves in the corner:

Got some funny comments from the neighbours yesterday as I was hoovering the lawn. I reckoned that large deposits of sawdust wouldn’t do the struggling turf much good and it seemed the easiest method of removal 🙂

Cheers, Rich

squirrelking
    Free Member

Got some funny comments from the neighbours yesterday as I was hoovering the lawn.

I thought I was the only idiot that did things like that, thanks for the sanity check.

uphillcursing
    Free Member

Once knew a girl who was found cutting the lawn with a pair of scissors after a night in the pub but I think this one has it beat. Tell me it was not a domestic vacuum.

turboferret

Twas a domestic, Panasonic cheap version of a Dyson thing 🙂

Oh, I have got 90% through cladding the end opposite the door, however I need about 3 more strips of wood to finish off. Not particularly inclined to buy another entire panel only to use a fraction of it 😕

Cheers, Rich

Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘The Turboferret Shed’ is closed to new replies.