Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • The Tunnel
  • DezB
    Free Member

Anyone watching?
    In my experience, shoes come off your feet!
    Stupid bloody plot.

kimbers

Is it just a copy of the Bridge?

DezB
    Free Member

So I’ve heard. Didn’t watch the Bridge. Did that have the same thing in it?

CountZero

I’ve been watching it, recording tonight’s. I’ve been rather enjoying it; as I never watched a The Bridge, I can’t draw any comparisons. I love Clemence’s character, no social skills whatsoever, but just occasionally an almost-functional human shows for a second.
    No more ludicrous than most cop series, I like watching the character interactions.

DezB
    Free Member

I’ve been enjoying it too (especially Clemence’s “character” 😉 ).. but that bit was just too… too … STUPID!

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

Apparently it is the exact same script as the Bridge, transposed to the Tunnel. I haven’t watched the Tunnel, but thought that the Bridge was excellent.

Hohum
    Free Member

My wife and I have been watching it.

We haven’t seen episode 9 yet and I guess that is what you are referring to DezB?

We have been enjoying it. Something half-decent to watch during the autumn/winter.

organic355
    Free Member

I am enjoying it, although Iam often faffing with my phone whilst watching it and look up and realize I have missed half the plot in french.

In my experience, shoes come off your feet!

yeah but she would have needed something heavy to put on top of the shoe, how would she have dont that?

wrecker
    Free Member

The Bridge was brilliant, no reason this couldn’t be.
    I see it has Clemence Poesy in it. She’s a very naughty girl.

Hohum
    Free Member

My youngest has virtually the same hair style and hair colour as Clemence Poesy, it’s quite uncanny to look at.

DezB
    Free Member

We haven’t seen episode 9 yet and I guess that is what you are referring to DezB?

Dunno the number, it’s the penultimate episode.

yeah but she would have needed something heavy to put on top of the shoe, how would she have dont that?

Er, wasn’t the (incredibly competent (“Duh, I dunno!”)) bomb disposal guy allowed to bring anything into the house? Like a hammer and nail? Or some Araldite 😆

organic355
    Free Member

but but but, in every other movie when someone steps on a mine/trigger/pressure switch etc, they cant do that, its the rules.

Look what happened to indy!!

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pr-8AP0To4k[/video]

DezB
    Free Member

Indiana Jones is supposed to be rubbish. Plus he’s wearing boots, not sandals! And! he didn’t know!

Hohum
    Free Member

Err, I think that I shouldn’t be reading this thread anymore.

At least not until I have seen the episode.

DezB
    Free Member

Don’t worry, it won’t ruin it 😉

DezB
    Free Member

Great final episode. Nice to have a series actually finish with a decent conclusion for a change.
    Clemence’s angry swearing was a definite highlight (actually made me shiver with delight!) 🙂

kimbers

the second season of the Bridge starts on BBC4 in Jan

so you can watch that before Sky redub it into the tunnel 2!

DezB
    Free Member

Nah, The Bridge doesn’t have Clemence Poesy..

swavis

I loved it and thought it was a great final episode. It wasn’t as chilling as I expected it to be but tied it all up nicely 😀

CountZero

Not seen the last ep yet; like the complete f/wit I am, I scrolled down the planner screen to delete Ripper Street that I’d just watched, but over-ran and deleted The Tunnel instead. I swore, indeed, there was much profanity, but I doubt if I did it quite as nicely as Clemance! Had a quick shufti on my pad’s Sky app and found a bunch of other showings, fortunately.
    My broadband isn’t really up to downloading whole programmes.
    Going to miss my weekly helping of the delightful Clemance Poesy… 🙁

I see it has Clemence Poesy in it. She’s a very naughty girl.

That’s something I’d very much like to personally find out… 😉

Hohum
    Free Member

My wife and I watched it last night and thoroughly enjoyed it.

The Bridge season 1 is being shown again on BBC4 starting 3.30am on 23/12.

DezB
    Free Member

but over-ran and deleted The Tunnel instead

Doesn’t it have an undelete?

CountZero

DezB – Member
    but over-ran and deleted The Tunnel instead

Doesn’t it have an undelete?
    If it does, it’s not very obvious; you’re basically just wiping something off a harddrive, and the OS isn’t that sophisticated. It’s not something I’ve done very often, but sometimes there’s some latency when you scroll down, so you think you’re on the programme you want to delete, hit the button, and it jumps to the next listed programme and deletes that instead.
    Usually not a problem now, I can search via the app, and it gives me all the other showings, so I just select the next convenient one. No biggie.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘The Tunnel’ is closed to new replies.