• This topic has 39 replies, 20 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by Smee.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • The Traditional Tweed Valley STW Festive Season Meet.
  • Smee
    Free Member

Well, we did it last year…

Who is up for doing what and when?

Ton – when you coming up?

whosthedaddy
    Free Member

I'll be up for this G.

ton

george, next friday
    doing newcastleton on the way up
    glentress on saturday and inners on sunday.
    you fancy it.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    simonralli2
    Free Member

I will be back in Dumfries and available for riding on 22nd (on 21st I will be busy). I think Trekster and I will be doing a ride around Mabie on 27th, but that is subject to confirmation, and hopefully we can get two rides going that don't clash as it would be great to do a Tweed ride too.

Smee
    Free Member

Of course.

peteimpreza

Is this a stag do or can the ladies join in as well?

Smee
    Free Member

Everyone is welcome and last year there was whisky involved.

robgarrioch

Is it a sociable ride or drinkin' type meet? I'll be in for a ride aboot if not away on the chosen dates. Could be up for an Inners ride sunday too…

edit; sounds like a mixture of both!

ton

i am up with about 20 next week, statying at cardrona…

i think it would be better to organise a proper stw meet for another weekend george..
    i am up for most weekends.

simonralli2
    Free Member

Yeah – I would be up for an Inners ride – but maybe one that does not involve too much hanging around at the very top – brrrr! And I'll probably be driving so will have to keep any drinking down to just the very minimum. Maybe have a wee nip before setting off to warm up ay?

Drac

Half interested but working 95% of the festive season so need the rest of the time with family so really the chances or slim to **** no chance.

Smee
    Free Member

Ton – you ever done Gypsy Glen? That might be an idea for one of your days next weekend.

ton

george
    sunday would be good for that.
    we could drop newcastleton
    do inners friday
    gt saturday
    and ride with you and whoever on sunday??

Smee
    Free Member

Whatever you want to do, i'm easy. Depending on the fitness levels of your group it is a good ride to tag GT onto the end of Gypsy Glen.

Smee
    Free Member

As for the rest – 27th of dec (sunday) any good for any of you? Inners and some other bits – finish off with a trip to the pub perhaps.

robgarrioch

I'll rain-check if that's yer final date George, not back in Embra till 28th I think. No worries though, will keep an eye for other times / New Year alternative!

Smee
    Free Member

Nothing final in that date – i can do most dates from mid dec to february.

Kit
    Free Member

Provisionally I am a GO for this, however it depends on a) getting a lift down and b) whether I land a part-time job over the hols so working dates TBC. Normally I'm off for 2 weeks over Christmas/Hogmanay but hopefully not this year…

RestlessNative
    Free Member

Well if my plan goes errr according to plan then I should be living right near there by then, in which case I'll certainly try and get along probably with the Mrs too, and some Whisky

trail_rat
    Free Member

interested but will need to see when the runners vs cyclists is – usually the sunday after xmas which would suck !

kikapudoo
    Free Member

I could be up for this, any date after the 28th suits.

robgarrioch

a) getting a lift down

If the planets align Kit, I'll give you (+ new crash-hat) a lift down no probs.

radoggair
    Free Member

in New york 17th-24th Dec, working xmas day n boxing day but after that not sure when i'm off n when i'm working!! Will let you know Thursday this week when i do my management xmas rota's

swiss01
    Free Member

27th looking good for me. inners is good but if you were to suggest gypsy glen again – ingine that in frost or snow – i'd be even more up for it!

jimmy

I'm keen to do Gypsy Glen this weekend if its happening.

Might not be around between Christmas + NY, if I am I'll ride.

Kit – can give you a lift whenever I'm riding. (ps – what jobs you looking for and where? I need one to…)

Kit
    Free Member

jimmy – I was looking at xmas jobs, so have an interview this week for a a cinema job scooping ice cream and chasing neds.

http://www.myvue.com and there's a careers link at the bottom.

Don't know what else is going, to be honest – not looking that hard 😉

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

i'm up for some riding between xmas and new year, although i'm working in between but am off from the 24th – 29th, and then 1 – 5th.

the 27th sounds good.

doug_basqueMTB.com

If it's the 27th then I'd pop along too if that's OK. I've got to be at Edinburgh Airport at 4:40pm so might have to slope off a bit early. I'll keep an eye out to see what the plans are…

Smee
    Free Member

So who is venturing down for a play during the holidays?

jedi

i would dearly love to! im 400miles away 🙁

doug_basqueMTB.com

yeah I think that I'm up for it. On the 27th? Like I say I'll have to be at Edinburgh airport without fail or I'll be in big trouble! 🙂

jedi

the 27th is ride herts shore then curry birthday ride for me

kevonakona
    Free Member

27th yes for me.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

I might be up for a ride on Wednesday Goan. Will let you know nearer the time, might also be up for the 2nd or 3rd. If there's still a lot of snow down yours then maybe I could point and chase you round the Pentlands. Although there is probably a fair dump of snow there too.

radoggair
    Free Member

righty ho, working xmas day, boxing day and 27th but can do 28th or 29th if anyones up for that shizzle??

robgarrioch

I'll be in for owt happening from 29th onwards, once we're back in the 'hood.

epo-aholic
    Free Member

does it have to be a weekend?

swiss01
    Free Member

given the conditions i think i'm going to stay where i am for tomorrow

doug_basqueMTB.com

Yeah, it sounds like it's not going to be a go-er given the conditions. Everything up here is unrideable. Pity 🙁

Smee
    Free Member

It's starting to melt slowly – the roof has just fallen in on my igloo. But tomorrow still looks like a non-starter for a group ride.

I'll be going out most days next week. If you want to go for a ride give me a shout.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)

The topic ‘The Traditional Tweed Valley STW Festive Season Meet.’ is closed to new replies.