Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The times agrees painted cycle lanes suck
  • kimbers

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article6828100.ece

already some complaints about untaxed cyclists

and as times talkbacks are a magnet for xenephobes, creationists and general right wing nutjobs im sure there will be many more

retro83
    Free Member

haha nice pic in the article

Liam B appears to be an imbecile

kimbers

im rather dissapointed hardly any rabid anti cyclists seem to have posted

juan
    Free Member

I had a very interesting comment from the OS last time (she is merely a leisure cyclist and don't cycle on the road she drives to the woods).
    I don't like cycle lanes, because when it end you are back on the road where car don't expect you.

Looks to me it says it all. Plus I would happily use cycle lanes if they were free of car parked on them

crazy-legs

There's a few sections of cycle lane on my commute that I won't use. It's separate from the traffic but finishes 10m before the junction thus chucking the cyclist out up the inside of a stream of left turning traffic which, even though the cycle lane is fully visible, motorists just don't expect it.
    Classic case of the council being seen to be providing for bikes but actually getting them out of the way of the motorist. It's a sad fact that most cycle lanes are put there for traffic calming measures (ie narrowing the road) or to actually remove the cyclist from "being in the way" of motorists. Not to make it easier and safer for the cyclist.

thomthumb
    Free Member

one section of cycle lane i can think of runbs all over the place.

starts on the left of the road – where you'd expect it to be, then it dives on the pavement and does an immediate hard right, to cross the traffic, on to the other pavement, then down the hill, onto the pavement (not shared use as far as i can make out!!) then onto a pelican crossing, but not onto the pavement but the road! anyone following from then on even i can't follow it and i've ridden it 100 times. it darts between the road, the parrallel service road and the pavemnt (on the other side of the road. sometimes it is clear-ish some times you just see a bike painted where you should be – invariably too late to get there.

I don't bother! much to the frustration of car drivers!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘The times agrees painted cycle lanes suck’ is closed to new replies.