Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • "The thought of fragile legged horses…" – on the offroad ability of hooves
  • zippykona

This isn’t about car ownership, its about trying to make sure I’ve still got somewhere decent to ride.
    Thank you.

nick3216
    Free Member

I prefer the before pic of that bridleway whether on four legs or two wheels.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Quite, I’m still unsure if AnalogueAndy was being sarcastic or not.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    aracer
    Free Member

I’m still unsure if AnalogueAndy was being sarcastic or not.

He was simply quoting the horsey types who were behind the “upgrades”

chiefgrooveguru

I prefer the before pic of that bridleway whether on four legs or two wheels.

Ditto. Four legs, two legs or two wheels!

nick3216
    Free Member

He was simply quoting the horsey types who were behind the “upgrades”

“You are all individuals”

“I’m not”

AnalogueAndy
    Free Member

B.A.Nana – Member
    Quite, I’m still unsure if AnalogueAndy was being sarcastic or not.

Ha ha! Yes, just to be clear the comments relating to the ‘before’ and ‘after’ pics are direct quotes from their (the horseriders) website.

I wouldn’t agree with them.

Interesting though that if you look at the work they’ve done they’ve opened up the drainage ditch (on the left in the pic). Perhaps they could have just done that and ‘re-levelled’ the surface rather than dump loads of Type 1 on it?

oliverd1981
    Free Member

Wonder if the horse equivalent of STW has “What horse shoes for…” threads?

Do wonder if there’s a better alternative to steel shoes, something that grips on tarmac and doesn’t churn up the soft stuff so much? I’m sure Maxxis will be along in a minute with something at around £50 an end.

I’m hoping that the economic downturn will put and end to bridleway sanitisation, and seeing as the existing trails don’t get maintained, I’m sure it won’t be long until they’re back to their old unsanitary (insane?) selves.

nick3216
    Free Member

Do wonder if there’s a better alternative to steel shoes, something that grips on tarmac

Ask your farrier about “spatter” or road studs. Makes a big difference, especially studs. Neither of them cause any more damage to the trails.

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘"The thought of fragile legged horses…" – on the offroad ability of hooves’ is closed to new replies.