• This topic has 10 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by r0bh.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The thick of it…question
  • CHB

Never got into “The Thick of it” , but think I might need to give it a second chance. My wife loves Yes Minister and New Statesman, I love all comedy that isn’t shouty posturing …so if I were to pick an episode of “The Thick of it” to cement our viewing, which would it be?
    [new netflix account may be to blame] 🙂

Pook

Series 1, episode 1.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Start from the beginning to get a feel for the characters. IMO series 3 and four just edge it over the first two but you really need to see the characters develop to appreciate it. I have watched the whole lot 5 times now and it never gets boring. The best comedy by a country mile.

CHB

Thanks for the advice…will start at the very begining, its a very good place to start. 🙂

ampthill

Series 1 episode 1

Or the film

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Or the film

Watch the film after.

Pook

Film after definitely.

moonsaballoon

Veep is worth a watch to , lacks a Tucker style character but has got better each series

slowoldman

I love all comedy that isn’t shouty posturing

Ooh you not like Tucker then.

But yes, Series 1 Episode 1

ross980
    Free Member

The best comedy by a country mile.

^ This.
    As above, I prefer the later series with Rebecca Front, but definitely worth starting at the beginning. Some of the rants delivered by Pete Capaldi are just pure genius.

r0bh
    Free Member

Series 1 Episode 1 is just about perfect

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘The thick of it…question’ is closed to new replies.