Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • The Thick of It
  • Pigface
    Free Member

Genius utter genius 😆

Harry_the_Spider

I almost felt sorry for Tucker.

Pigface
    Free Member

I loved Glenns resignation speech 😆

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    IanMunro
    Free Member

Cheers for that! I’d assumed the public inquiry one was the last in the series. Off to iplayer now 😀

bruneep

oh great, not seen it yet………

IanMunro
    Free Member

Back now. That was good 😀

white101

box set for christmas last year was best pressie I’ve had in donkeys years.

andeh

I tend to find the Beeb miss the mark with comedy but this series has been damn good! Shame it has to end.

Poor Malcolm! 🙂

Squidlord
    Free Member

Sorry it’s gone. Some quick lols to be had here: http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/The_Thick_of_It

fervouredimage
    Free Member

The genius of Jesse Armstrong and Armando Iannucci. Make sure you watch ‘in the loop’ currently on LoveFilm.

Lifer
    Free Member

Top stuff, Spinners and Losers probably my favourite of the lot. My parents have been raving about VEEP which is Iannucci’s US political show so that’s next on the list.

ourmaninthenorth

I remember being one of the hardy souls watching it when first on BBC4 all those years ago. I used to mention it to people and they looked at me like I had two heads.

All the way through Chris Langham, Rise of the Nutters – Julius! – and into the world of the coalition.

It’s been epic. F—ing epic.

Lifer
    Free Member

Can you precis the precis?

kcr
    Free Member

I thought the scene in the enquiry where they asked Tucker the killer question was a fantastic bit of acting by Capaldi, especially as it was such a contrast to his usual brilliant attack dog outbursts. He didn’t say a word during the painfully extended silence, but you could just see the cogs whirring inside his head as he tried to find a way to wriggle out of the hole.

IHN

I have to say, having loved the previous series, I thought this series was a bit weak. Then again, they had set the bar pretty high.

The final episode was probably the best one of the series though, but it still wasn’t as good as any from the series before. Glenn’s parting speech was a good example; it started brilliantly but then kind of faded, like they’d run out of ideas.

binners

Pure unbridled genius! Its elevated swearing to an artform

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NwvjPlcC3w[/video]

The best characters in this series have been Stuart Pearson and Peter Mannion though…

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awZZYctmYfU[/video]

Oh… and the ‘inbetweeners’ 😆

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeAEiSSDPNA&feature=related[/video]

richmtb

Its genius, best british comedy for years.

Glenn’s resignation speech was brilliant. “Born to rule six toed pony f***ers” being a particular highlight

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

SPOILERS below

I thought the scene in the enquiry where they asked Tucker the killer question was a fantastic bit of acting by Capaldi

they had their part of the scripts but didnt know what the questions would be, how the enquiry would be set up, or who was playing what enquiry member until they walked in the room (according to interview on 5live this week) to try replicate the stress/energy of a real enquiry.

Poignant that Malcolm’s final speech (given on police stn steps) was given by his solicitor and he cut himself off adding to it. Glen’s was brilliant.

Stewart Pearson character was the exact opposite of the down-to-earth-northerner character Vincent Franklin played in twentytwelve.

I tend to find the Beeb miss the mark with comedy

Yeah, Blackadder and the Young Ones were total misfires… Even in just the Thick Of It vain theyve had People Like Us, The Day Today, Twentytwelve, all beautifully written.

nicko74

Just watched the final episode, pure class all round.

The final episode was probably the best one of the series though, but it still wasn’t as good as any from the series before. Glenn’s parting speech was a good example; it started brilliantly but then kind of faded, like they’d run out of ideas.

The inquiry was pretty excellent, although I only realised after about 40 minutes that it was an hour-long episode. But definitely the final episode was the best of them, and even though it was just about on par with the 2nd and 3rd series.

I have the first 3 on DVD; will have to go back and watch them again, see if they still hold up.

andeh

Yeah, Blackadder and the Young Ones were total misfires… Even in just the Thick Of It vain theyve had People Like Us, The Day Today, Twentytwelve, all beautifully written.

Ok, ok, …..of late. The vast majority of what they churn out seems to be middle of the road, When the Whistle Blows style shows. I had the misfortune to catch Citizen Khan the other day, I thought I’d discovered time travel!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Currently the highlight of me week

mcboo
    Free Member

Peter Capaldi lives round the corner from me. I feel like saying “mate you were fantastic” but he’s pretty scary looking even on the W7 bus to Crouch End.

Let’s have your favourite Tucker moments.

“I’m going over there now to stick his head in a verbal deep fat fryer!”

martinhutch

This series didn’t do it for me on the whole, although a couple of the episodes were OK – the brainstorming seminar and the one with the train journey.

The Glenn/Ollie office banter with Terri Coverley was what kept it running along – this series we’ve had a lot of fairly boring peripheral characters given central roles. And no Julius, no Jamie…

highclimber
    Free Member

Malcom Tucker will be dearly missed.

I loved the scene on the slide trying to get phone signal. genius series.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

“You’re a man who gels his hair by sticking it up a cow’s vagina.”

IHN

This series didn’t do it for me on the whole, although a couple of the episodes were OK – the brainstorming seminar and the one with the train journey.

The Glenn/Ollie office banter with Terri Coverley was what kept it running along – this series we’ve had a lot of fairly boring peripheral characters given central roles and the previous great characters given peripheral roles.
    . And no Julius, no Jamie…

This.

binners

You take the piss out of Al Jolson again and I will remove your iPod from its tiny nano-sheath and push it up your cock! Then I’ll put some speakers up your arse and put it on shuffle with my ****ing fist. And every time I hear something that I don’t like, which will be every time that something comes on, I will skip to the next track by crushing your balls!

atlaz
    Free Member

I’d heard Peter Capaldi had a shit morning the day he went for the audition and brought all the anger he had out. According to the production crew it made all the difference.

nicko74

You take the piss out of Al Jolson again and I will remove your iPod from its tiny nano-sheath and push it up your cock! Then I’ll put some speakers up your arse and put it on shuffle with my ****ing fist. And every time I hear something that I don’t like, which will be every time that something comes on, I will skip to the next track by crushing your balls!

I believe that’s Jamie, the *other* mental Scotsman, not Tucker.

I felt that this last series perhaps brought out more of the reality aspect, perhaps at the expense of the comedy. The inquiry, for example, was fantastic to watch, but not exactly a laugh a minute. And when it *was* funny (with Robin and Terri), it felt a bit slapstick.
    The funniest thing about Glen’s leaving speech was Phil sat there grinning like a little child, even as Glen tore into him…

Klunk
    Free Member
Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘The Thick of It’ is closed to new replies.