• This topic has 22 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by Kit.
Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • The TBC/STW Wednesday Night "R1d3" Attendance Roster…
  • ojom
    Free Member

Number off soldiers…

The Cask and Barrell called us today to say they have an emergency in the Scampi Fries department. Due to the freak weather they have a surplus crop they need us to work through.

I mentioned to them that we wouldn’t let them down.

Plus, they have heating, beer and working loos. All these things make for a Good Night.

If this was not enough… The Rapido have chips but doors away for a winter supper. Great news.

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Wimps!

Me – I’m going to head out for a few hours on the bike. -12 is nowt. Got some training to do!

Around 2 minutes later I’ll fall off on the ice, do a uturn – cop myself on and get in a hot shower. And probably join you in the pub 🙂

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Pah!

I’ll be heading out onto the Midlothian Tundra, or a few laps of the park, whichevers closest. Might make it as far as the woods.

Kit
    Free Member

[usual excuse]

A canna’ make it Cap’n

[/usual excuse]

ojom
    Free Member

Riding to and from work is enough. The roads are ‘interesting’.

druidh
    Free Member

Ride home tomorrow will be ‘interesting’ after a few beers.

mustard
    Free Member

I’ve another snow day so heading north for boarding falling on my ass – soz fellas you’ll just have to manage to finish your pints without me 😆

ojom
    Free Member

Amateur.

cynic-al
    Free Member

You poofs stay in the pub. Real men will be riding Arthur’s Seat.

ojom
    Free Member

You want to throw down there Joppanoob?

cynic-al
    Free Member

Can do. Rode it tonight, check my endofwango.

I’m gawn tae the cinema to check oot the latest indie hit.

ojom
    Free Member

will check the webs sometime for your route – kens.

Enjoy your film.

druidh
    Free Member

Al – what state is the tarmac road round Arthurs Seat like?

cynic-al
    Free Member

Couldn’t see it 😉

the road is closed bar the section between the Scotsman and Meadowbank. I rode the rest of it on the cx ok, sometimes using the footpath where it was harder. Enough trails rideable to be fun, some walking required though.

EDIT: PWNED by druidh. The shame. Someone call tj.

sharki
    Free Member

Count me out.
    I’ll be by the seaside.
    Might even have and ice cream tomorrow too, perhaps fish and chips whilst slouched on a deck chair.. 8)

pixelmix
    Free Member

Pfft, the riding’s lovely out there. I’ve just ridden a good 6 mile round trip and not fallen off once, not once I tell you! Think I’ll head out for a gentle ride/run tomorrow unless it looks like an ice rink. Will join you all another week once the your Dutch courage kicks in and you fancy getting the bike out.

jimmy

scampi fries, you say?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

night riding you say?

ojom
    Free Member

scampi fries, you say?

Yeah that’s right. I might even get the bus home or to wherever LRT say it’s going…

jimmy

Well, our flat has been a haven for stranded pals this week. Feel free to join the party (you have to wear my shirts and pants the following day, mind).

bigjim

Pah, you missed great snow riding conditions, firmest and grippiest the snows been. Bloomin cold at the top of blackford hill mind you!

ojom
    Free Member

Aye but Banjo String was a great pint.

Kit
    Free Member

Brown Eye looked good too, ‘n aw.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘The TBC/STW Wednesday Night "R1d3" Attendance Roster…’ is closed to new replies.