Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 69 total)
  • The TBC Wednesday Night Ride this week – may contain blood if Ian comes…
  • ojom
    Free Member

After last week's trip out for the night we are back at our humble hills at the back of town.

To stop any confusion- the format remains the same,

6pm our Shoppe on Rodney Street
    7pm Bonaly General Store (annoyingly shut when we get there – they should make it a Spar or something).

After 20 people last week i think we would be ambitious to expect the same number again… it will be dry and warm and sunny and nice so make sure you get your bike out the shed and come out! Bring a pal if you like. All welcome.

Note for Epicsteve – you get a special welcome… from TJ. See you there.

Oh and please – no injuries this week!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

🙂

I promise to be gentle with you Steve

stanfree
    Free Member

I'll be there although I say that most weeks , but will definately be there.

chriswilk
    Free Member

small thread hijack – won't make it this week (as ever) but planning a 'dawn raid' tomorrow and need route advice. Is the roman road marked on the map from Carlops to West Linton ridable? and where does it start – the driveway to the icelandics??

anyone welcome to join, leaving Penicuik about 4am..

Obi_Twa
    Free Member

I intend to be there.

Kit
    Free Member

I intend to consider the possibility that I may or may not be there (following a jaunt up Corstorphine Hill). Possibly.

13thfloormonk

Nah, that only happens to me at trail centres, I can't cope with good dry flowing trails, I need rocks'n'bogs to keep me in check…

Doubt I'll make this one, going for another stab at the west-highland-way-in-a-day on Saturday (plus kayaking on Loch Morar the next day if my mate has his way) so need to rest up and pick scabs!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Obi twa – remember its a social ride. You don't get points for making others eat your dust. You just end up waiting for them (me)

balfa
    Free Member

Any idea of the planned route? Depending on the route I may come along. I'm still avoiding nasty steep climbs as I still have a chicken leg following a fractured kneecap.

Obi_Twa
    Free Member

TJ – I am a social rider.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Good – I'll bring my bungee for a tow up the hills

Obi_Twa
    Free Member

Nice of you to offer.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

LOL.

Its not quite what I had in mind.

ChrisL

There's a slim chance that I'll join you. I'm quite busy this week, though.

RestlessNative
    Free Member

"small thread hijack – won't make it this week (as ever) but planning a 'dawn raid' tomorrow and need route advice. Is the roman road marked on the map from Carlops to West Linton ridable? and where does it start – the driveway to the icelandics??"

Err yeah, the road runs past the horses, keep going and you come out near West Linton Golf Club, mostly a wide stoney and gravel track.

My wife has her Icelandics there at the moment so I have ridden about there a little.

coastkid
    Free Member

see you wednesday,im bringing paul(stanfree)

Northwind

If my legs have recovered from the weekend I guess I'll be there. Big if though, I have a big nevegal tyre print up my arse from Laggan black :mrgreen:

AlasdairMc

I should be up for this, all my biking colleagues seem to have wimped out of our normal ride.

robgarrioch

Hopefully I'll be along.. NB mudguards are also good for arresting wheel-flung sheep-sh*t!

DrT
    Free Member

I think Ill drag my lazy butt along this week. I should help keep the pace at a Gentlemanly level.

Thomohawk
    Free Member

Planning to head for the hills on Wednesday evening… will do my best to organise being at bonaly for 7, if not – I'll keep my eyes peeled for you all up there…. and then head the opposite way! 😉

ojom
    Free Member

Thomo- do not let me down. You are worse than jimmy!

stuartm555
    Free Member

I should be along for this too 🙂

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

I'll be enjoying having Midlothians finest trails all to myself. May get back along once life quietens down a bit. Will be in the shop on Friday to pick up my forks and to see if I can blag any free nutritional goodies.

ojom
    Free Member

I will make you a brew this time seeing as i neglected you last time Steven.

jimmy

thebikechain – Member
    Thomo- do not let me down. You are worse than jimmy!

Thats it, I'm not coming and you brought it on yourself.

Actually, the real reason is because I'm going to climb this mo-fo.

Resin42
    Free Member

I'm working through in Burgerland at the moment so I'm hoping to be along for this one.

chriswilk
    Free Member

an upadte on the trails… they are as dry as they are ever going to get.
    even the North side of Cauldstane slap didn't have a drop of moisture anywhere. Route this morning was Penicuk – West Linton – Caulstane – Harperrigg – Listonshields – Yellow brick road – black hill – WOL – work by 8am.

I can't see me ever making a Wed evening ride – wrong timing and side of the Pentlands for me. Anyone nearer Penicuik wanting to meet for occasional rides as and when kids allow??

stuartm555
    Free Member

Sounds like a nice commute Chris!!

chriswilk
    Free Member

It was – not sure how i'll survive the rest of the day, or the climb up Poets / Maidens on the way home. Rough mapping says 33 miles and I'm guessing >1000m height. Might stick some pictures up this evening if they are any good.

AntM
    Free Member

Can't make it this week 🙁

Obi_Twa
    Free Member

The person who is normally the most stable female on the planet has decided that she must go swimming tomorrow night so it's a no from me. 🙁

chickenman

Jimmy, you do know that the Souter will be covered in Fumars at this time of the year????? Just as well your hair's really short at the moment; you might be able to wash the regurgitated fish oil out of it!!!!
    Or else do "Squid Vicious" up the left skyline….nae birds on that one plus its the best route in East Lothian!!!

kennyp
    Free Member

7pm Bonaly General Store (annoyingly shut when we get there – they should make it a Spar or something).

It shuts at 6.30. And did you know it won the Village Shop Of The Year a few years ago, though that was before it was bought over and dived downmarket.

waveydavey
    Free Member

Fairly newish to the area, so I'll come and join as well.

stuartm555
    Free Member

I didn't even notice that was the Souter! Climbed it a few years ago – was good fun. Looking back at the photos it was August 4th I climbed it and yes it was covered in birds and bird shit! Here's me on the top:

druidh
    Free Member

We're thinking Bonaly – Puke Hill – Phantoms – Glen Road – sharp left up to the Red Road and down to Exponential. Depending on time and preferences, it could either be:
    * Nail Trail and WoL into town
    * Harlaw Woods/Rangers,
    * along to Poets.
    Anyone returning to Bonaly might prefer to go through Kinleith, past the mast and down Mushroom back to Torphin Quarry.

waveydavey
    Free Member

Er I was going to be a newbie joiner. But my leave pass has been revoked, the outlaws are taking priority.
    Hopefully catch up with you soon.

debaser

Have contracted some kind of summer lurgy so am not feeling up to riding and not best pleased 🙁

Sounds like a good route though… enjoy.

13thfloormonk

Jimmy, today:

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 69 total)

The topic ‘The TBC Wednesday Night Ride this week – may contain blood if Ian comes…’ is closed to new replies.