Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • The tank of pink fluid in the engine compartment of your car. What is it?
  • yunki
    Free Member

It’s coolant. Always pink. Washer fluid is blue or green.

Doesn’t everyone know that?

Just top it up with tap water – no problem. If it happens again (within a month or so) , take it to a garage and get it checked for leaks – it’s pretty vital. Pretty likely that will sort it though.

Matt.. for a self-appointed car guru this is bad advice!!!

Were you advising my other half before she ‘topped up our radiator’ by pouring tap water into the power steering reservoir?

no problem?

genghispod
    Free Member

The lid doesn’t say 710 does it? If it does, you’re blonde – get off the road.

molgrips
    Free Member

It sounds like the brake fluid reservoir. DO NOT put water in it!

But check the manual. It tells you all the things you can top up in there and shows you where they are.

porter_jamie

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn126/focusrus/irishfocusownersfirstmeet031.jpg

which one? one of the left, with a yellow lid and pink stuff in? that there is coolant. the smaller round reservoir with the black lid is PAS fluid. you fill up the 710 with the black lid on the cam cover.

scaredypants

baldSpot – Member
    babychamp

This

spelt correctly, mind

(is it pink?)

Midnighthour
    Free Member

Tescos sells pink screenwash.

HeatherBash
    Free Member

Step away from the Vee hickle!

MrSmith
    Free Member

surely if you can see where the hose(s) go it will give you a good idea what it is? brake hose is thin and not likely to go near the block or radiator but to the servo, water hose is squishy and goes to water pump and radiator, and power steering likely to go to the wrack or steering column.

failing that dip a rag in it and wipe it on the paintwork. if it changes colour it’s brake fluid.

oliverd1981
    Free Member

I once piped my screen wash system to the headlight jets only, filled the reservoir with muc-off and never had to wash the car again..

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘The tank of pink fluid in the engine compartment of your car. What is it?’ is closed to new replies.