Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 128 total)
  • THE Swinley super-sexual super-fun all-welcoming October FUN RIDE!
  • philconsequence
    Free Member

Looking forward to meeting you bullheart!

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

He was at the previous one you apparently ‘organised’.

Maybe you were too busy offering bottom brackets to people, out of the kindness of your heart, to notice him. 😉

singletrackmind

Leave it out FCOL.
    I think Phil is going to stick a bracket up your bottom , when you are broken at the top of hill .

bullheart
    Free Member

Don’t worry Phil;

I’ll keep Puck on a leash.

You’d better bring something with only one gear Fred, or I’ll rip the piss big style… 😉

Oh, and picture of the girl please!

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Chill, Rob. I’m only joshing with Philly. Just a bit of banter, innit? I’m sure he can take it, he’s a big boy. 😀

Bully; I’m bringing something with no gears at all, just so you won’t get to look too stupid. 😉

singletrackmind

Isla Bike?
    ‘Bout your size………..

bullheart
    Free Member

PICTURE OF THE GIRL ELF!

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

No.

motivforz
    Free Member

Would like to jump in on this one too. Looking forward to putting faces to all these online personas!

bullheart
    Free Member

philconsequence
    Free Member

Considering your posts the other night elfin; calling me a coward and stuff, I’m not reading your posts as friendly banter… Judging by the comments and emails I’ve been getting from many other forum users who saw your contribution to that and this thread do either.

Didn’t realise you were at the one before bullheart! Sorry dude, was about 100riders in total over the 2 rides I organised and i struggle remembering everyone. 🙁 doesn’t change the fact I’m looking forward to meeting you (again) 🙂

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Ah come on Phil; you seem to think it’s ok to throw such friendly banter as this around:

“I’ve called the terrosim unit for you and given them elfinsafety’s details. after all… he’s spent time in a muslim household”

I mean, not that such a comment was warranted, but hey, it don’t seem to matter to you that I found it personally insulting, and you chose to ignore the polite email I sent you about it:

I don’t appreciate comments like this. Not the first time I’ve heard or read **** like this, and sadly probbly won’t be the last. I just find it ignorant and offensive.

Have a think about it please eh? Ta.

I had hoped to keep this off the forum, but it appears you’re not interested in discussing it via email, instead choosing to use the forum to have snidey digs about me, and pretend to be all upset about some offer of a bottom bracket (that I genuinely can’t remember, sorry) as some sort of diversion.

TBh, I don’t think you’re a bad bloke Phil. I din’t appreciate your comment, and was willing to deal with it off-forum, but hey ho. I think it was ill-judged and unnecessary; it was culturally insensitive and insulting. I jolly well have not heard any explanation or justification for it from yourself.

I hope this clears the air between us, and that we can both move on. I would like an apology, but that’s up to you.

We’ll meet up on rides in the future for sure, and have a laugh, I’m sure. All I ask is that you consider carefully your comments, before you make them. Thanks.

X

andysbeans
    Free Member

Wish I could come but I live in flippin Yorkshire…near the dales, peaks, lakes and north Yorkshire moors…Oh well, i’ll have to try and find somewhere to ride oop North.. 😆

andysbeans
    Free Member

Plus it looks like there might be a fight 😳

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

LOL @ Elfin…

Phil – I’m defriending you on facebook, you bigoted toad!

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Glad you find it amusing, TSY. I din’t.

Oh, and for the record, I jolly well have not, as Phil has insinuated, called him a racist. Just want that bit made clear.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Elf if it wasn’t for the amusement we wouldn’t come here, would we?

philconsequence
    Free Member

I spoke about that email with forum members who have met you and I was advised to ignore it. The comment was written at a time when you had been making a point about growing up in a Muslim household on a couple of religious threads (in which I think I remember supporting your posts) running at the time. Intended to be read at the time as a lighthearted reference to your posts. You came across the thread a fair amount of time later and the timing of my post had lost all context. I probably would’ve apologised but your comments on Monday night leave a bitter taste that’s not quite gone yet

You obviously feel strongly about it to be so upset about me not replying to an email but your reaction is disproportionate i feel.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

And so Fred ruins a thread that should have been about a fun ride.

Sad little fool.

Not sure if I can make it. Might still be in Moscow.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Nobby

Room for a short one? Still never managed to ride Swinley.

emsz
    Free Member

shan’t bother then if you’re just going to fight 🙄

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Flashy, I’d hoped to keep this off-forum, but Phil’s refusal to respond to any emails and his comments just now have prompted me to bring it up here.

As for me being a ‘sad little fool’; so, I don’t have to right to use the forum without people making culturally insensitive remarks about me and my family?

Your insistence on getting involved in this speaks volumes about your character. Just got to have a dig, jolly well have not you? And you call me sad? You joker.

Phil; so you chose to discuss a private email with others, rather than with me? And you wonder why I might be a tad disgruntled?

Sorry mate but you don’t know me and certainly don’t have the right to make such comments to me. I din’t find it amusing, so if that’s your intention, you were badly wide of the mark.

your reaction is disproportionate I feel.

To a culturally insensitive and insulting comment? Oh, sorry for being offended. I must make sure in future to have a much thicker skin, and just accept such crap without complaint, shall I?

It’s the kind of stupid comment I’d expect from some ignorant thick boneheaded bigot, Phil. Not of someone I consider intelligent and open-minded.

Even now it appears you can’t see that your comments have caused offence, and instead chose to act up on the forum. Up to you mate.

I’ve attempted to bring an end to this animosity. You instead seem intent on prolonging it.

All you’ve got to do is accept you were out of order, and apologise. It’s up to you to decide whether or not you possess the courage to do so.

X

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Nobby, the great things about these rides that Phil organises is that they are all welcoming… no matter how hairy or ugly you are, whatever your religion or preference for freaky niche bikes, your age, or even your height… everyone is welcome.

He’s even happy for Elfin who (by his own admission) is short and rides a SS to tag along 😉

Nobby

I’ll try & get there then, I’ve always been fairly good at stopping tear-ups too 🙂

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I’d be more than happy to come along. I just think it would be nicer for everyone if we can all get along and respect one another, that’s all.

Is that too much to ask?

neilnevill
    Free Member

Ooo ooo! I can make one for once! I’m in….I was going to spend the day building the new El Guapo….looks like I’ll either have to do some late night building (no idea when…things seem stupid hectic!) or bring one of the other bikes….hmm….I’ll be there though 😀

Rudeboy, if you are unicoggering I may have to too

_tom_
    Free Member

I’d come if it was a few weeks later. You seem fun to ride with Phil 🙂

philconsequence
    Free Member

elfin, for the culturally insensitive comment i apologise. are you going to CGs or coming to swinley on the singlespeed? 🙂

now, is it worth restarting the thread so that hopefully this one can fade into the distance? as its turned into something that doesnt quite fit the idea of an all welcoming swinley forum ride!

to everyone else reading this thread, please don’t let it put you off coming to the forum ride. PaulD is a fantastic ride leader for the fast riders judging by the grinning faces last time, Thisisnotaspoon also arrived back at the carpark with a bunch of buzzing worn out riders 😀

no matter how big or small the numbers that turn out (haven’t had a small attendance yet :D!) its still a fun ride with no pressure other than the pressure you put on yourself if you join the faster groups 😉

i’ve always said it doesnt matter if 5 people turn up or 50, i can’t lose because i still get to go ride with friends and new faces 😀 so to everyone considering coming, i hope you do as i genuinely look forward to meeting you all again or for the first time!

philconsequence
    Free Member

_tom_ we’ll have to sort out visit at some point in the future dude 🙂 at some point before 3rd Jan our housemate will move out and we’ll have a proper guest bedroom with double bed and if i’m feeling flashy, guest towels 8) if we get something organised before then it’ll be one of my damn comfortable sofas on offer! either way it’d be great to meet up and go for a mess around in the woods… trying to organise camo16 coming down at some point in the future too.

_tom_
    Free Member

Guest towels are all well and good but I see no mention of a mint or chocolate on the pillow.

philconsequence
    Free Member

i’ve been rumbled 😯

*runs off to buy mint imperials*

lowey

Would loved to have come but on a Canal boat that weekend.

Have a good one people, will def try and make the next!

rOcKeTdOg

Going to the cycleshow that day but even if i wasn’t the arguing here would put me off, doesn’t seem quite so sexy all of a sudden

camo16
    Free Member

either way it’d be great to meet up and go for a mess around in the woods… trying to organise camo16 coming down at some point in the future too.

Ta Phil. Stil wishing there was a way to make time/get down/fit my bike in my Fiat Panda…

Ah well. Enjoy it and no fighting now!

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

doesn’t seem quite so sexy all of a sudden

That’s surely because I’m not going… more than anything else?

Elfin – why don’t you apologise now for using the forum for negative purposes on a thread that is about as inclusive, positive and welcoming as possible, have a hug with Phil and squeeze each others butt-ocks?

Jamie
    Free Member

…..but even if i wasn’t the arguing here would put me off, doesn’t seem quite so sexy all of a sudden

I’d imagine quite a few lurkers might hold that opinion now.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

START A NEW THREAD! Minus the bickering!

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Can we keep this one for bickering then?

Flashy – your bold typing is sarcin!

philconsequence
    Free Member

even if i wasn’t the arguing here would put me off, doesn’t seem quite so sexy all of a sudden

i understand 🙁

sorry everyone, definitely not how i wanted this tread to turn out.. the swinley ‘sexy parties’ only started in response to a forum member starting a thread about being lonely and wanting a way of meeting new people and hopefully riding buddies!

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 128 total)

The topic ‘THE Swinley super-sexual super-fun all-welcoming October FUN RIDE!’ is closed to new replies.