Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 128 total)
  • THE Swinley super-sexual super-fun all-welcoming October FUN RIDE!
  • AndyRT
    Free Member

[hiding under table]

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

hidden away, yes

Hidden where? In Wales?

😆

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

damn, damn, damn… bloody Barnsley gonna say he’s turning up now isn’t he? Collecting Junky on the way. And that Darcy chap… I bet even iDave’ll be there, and Jamie on his friggin road bike.

If someone mentions that Tandem fella I’m going to have to do recreate the Hitler Downfall parody expressing my dissapointment at the date of this ride.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Well the wall isn’t too bad as there’s a run up to it, only need to pedal the top bit. And if you know your way round you can avoid it completely by going round the fence.

There’s the climb out the back of the labrynth that always gets me, i.e. aproaching clubhouse from the wrong side.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Can’t you just send your better looking stunt double again?

AndyRT
    Free Member

its all relative 😉

there are a couple of tricky little (yes not Bicknoller (thank god!))ones near the Twister which I’ve only ever managed on a geared bike.

philconsequence
    Free Member

There’s the climb out the back of the labrynth that always gets me, i.e. aproaching clubhouse from the wrong side.

+1! no run up to that one

anjs
    Free Member

the Gorrick name for that hill is You Must be Joking

AndyRT
    Free Member

Oh, and there is a climb nobody I know has ever managed, not far from the reservoir passed the gully, infact that reminds me of another one too…Elfnsafety:

I fear you may have laid down a gauntlet 😆

mboy
    Free Member

I need to check with GF to see if we’re not doing anything, but I think she’ll have the car, ’bout time I showed up.

emsz

iirc you’re in Gloucester? I’ve got to pass Gloucester on my way so sure if you didn’t mind paying towards fuel I could probably give you a lift…

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Oh, and there is a climb nobody I know has ever managed, not far from the reservoir passed the gully, infact that reminds me of another one too…Elfnsafety:

Out the gulley, allong a bit and on the right?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Well I’ve managed pretty much every climb in Swinley, including the wall and the steep bit up the side by the Jump Gully, on a SS. 32/16 is a better gear all round I’d say, apart form on the Wall, as a 32/15 is a bit of a knee-popper. All doable really, it’s just whether or not you can be bothered slogging up them. But there’s nothing anywhere near like some of the climbs I dun in Wales last week.

SS is a good choice for Swinley really, as it’s relatively flat, and it helps to make you ride at a good rhythm.

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

I might come along to this and see if a few mates can come too.

They may be reluctant as last time we went to Swinley they had to get an ambulance for me. 😥

philconsequence
    Free Member

stoatsbrother, same for me 🙂 too dark for air ambulance so they sent 2 ambulances, a 4X4 ambulance, the ranger and a firetruck to rescue me 😯

bring your mates, remember no pressure to do anything you dont want to on the ride… tis my main rule as people should be having fun.

AndyRT
    Free Member

yes, that’s a little bit steep, but the one I’m thinking of is a little harder to describe, but here goes:

If you at the fence of the reservoir beyond the gully and then ride as if heading towards the wall etc, there is a steep forest road to your left (ignoring all of the great singletrack to your right). At the bottom of the hill, at the first crossroads there is a little track on your left which winds back up towards the reservoir, it levels out and then kicks skywards! Loose, pine needle covered, soft and roots too.

I can think of no better challenge

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Done it. 😀

Fantasy Elfinworld

You’re more than welcome to come and have a go with me. 😉

AndyRT
    Free Member

witnesses?

andrewy

I’m in

bikebouy
    Free Member

This is an excellent idea and a perfect use of the forum me thinkie..

Well done son, well done.

philconsequence
    Free Member

😀 thank you bikebouy!

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

witnesses?

A few on here, yes. 🙂

Not done every single climb every time I’ve ridden there, but I’ve done just about all of them on my SS at some stage.

AndyRT
    Free Member

to your triumphant climbing of my nemesis (well, one of many if I’m totally honest)?

AndyRT
    Free Member

Then I salute you most humbly and look forward to the day I can say the same…

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Can’t make this one Phil, i’m gonna be at the other afore mentioned ride a couple of hours West of there.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Can’t make it that weekend, but top marks for bothering to organise the ride. Please do it again some time.

philconsequence
    Free Member

🙂 everyone going to CG’s will have an amazing time i’m sure! if i wasnt so booked up that weekend i’d be there, so the only 4-5hours i have free are being dedicated to this ride.

if yeti brings me wheels this weekend then i’ll be single speeding me thinks… better get some fitness back in my legs before october!

beaker

Count me in… Mind you the last time I did a STW Swinley ride it was very cold or very wet and WCA broke his frame….

DezB
    Free Member

WCA broke his frame..

You sure about that?

philconsequence
    Free Member

i thought be broke his lungs? coughing up blood and other fancy forms of lung-butter!

beaker

@Dezb I’m sure he did… cracked at the chainstay?

AndyRT
    Free Member

what ever happened, I’m sure WCA has a vivid recollection of such an event filled day, but my pressing concern is that he hasn’t piped up yet 😯

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’d love to do this. I’m thinking I could meet up with a mate there along with you lot..
    [ Phone in hand..]

philconsequence
    Free Member

🙂 the more the merrier

dharmstrong
    Free Member

Tempted, but what would the finish time be? I have to be at Heathrow by 4pm

AndyRT
    Free Member

its only round the corner, 25 mins max, and a ‘normal’ Swinley loop is about 2hrs. Also, fairly easy to get back to the car park at any point. Just LOTS of wiggly bits in the woods, without leaving you stranded miles from the car.

dharmstrong
    Free Member

Used to live near Swinley so know the commute to the aeroport well. Hmmm might give this a go (if I manage to get my bike back together following project 1×10)

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Tempted, but what would the finish time be? I have to be at Heathrow by 4pm

Its a pretty quick drive, arround 40min + a bit of trafic.

DezB
    Free Member

beaker – Member

@Dezb
    I’m sure he did… cracked at the chainstay?

Nah, that was at Lordswood, I believe.

bullheart
    Free Member

I’m in!

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Oh that’s it; I’m not coming if he is. He’ll be going on and on about being ill or something and that’s why his little sister beat him in a race, rather than just accepting he’s crap. 🙄

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 128 total)

The topic ‘THE Swinley super-sexual super-fun all-welcoming October FUN RIDE!’ is closed to new replies.