Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 93 total)
  • The Sun – It's in the Public Interest that we Sell Papers
  • mikewsmith
    Free Member

Well done pushing the standards to the gutter.

Sun and Blokes Holiday pics

crankboy
    Free Member

Never buy the Sun.

anagallis_arvensis

I hapen to think it was a ludicrous situstion for the Britishpress to bury its collective head in the sand.

mtbfix

What a_a said. Given the widespread reporting elsewhere it seems daft to be glossing over it. If you are in Harry’s position more thought need to be given to one’s actions if you do not want the world to see.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Well done pushing the standards to the gutter.

Just so we’re clear is that comment aimed at the Sun or the publicly financed 3rd in line to the throne?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Nothing wrong with reporting it but why stick the Pics on the front page – not for good reporting reasons just to sell more copies.
    An editorial on the subject would have been a better use of Freedom of Speech.

Bloke goes on holiday to vegas, parties someone snaps some pics. End of.

MSP

Sun and Blokes third in line to the throne, born into a life of wealth and privilege beyond the dreams of avarice of the subjugated, funded by taxes mans stupid Holiday pics

hora
    Free Member

I don’t see what Harry has done is even vaguely wrong.

1. Single bloke
    2. In his 20’s
    3. Fun on holiday
    4. Not in a public place

but…

The exact same if someone took a pic of you and me and maliciously put up on the internet to laugh at.

He should go after that person and sue them in the US courts.

theblackmount
    Free Member

That’ll do nicely said Mr Murdoch. The pic is **** all to do with Journalism / free press.

loum
    Free Member

crankboy
    Never buy the Sun.

+1

headfirst
    Free Member

Of course he’s just a bloke! Because any normal squaddie could afford to jet off to Vegas and mix it up like he did in a high roller’s VIP suite. Of course it’s all come out of his own army pay packet.

Better put a 😉 for those hard of irony.

I used to be indifferent to the royal family but I’m becoming more of a republican now.

martinhutch

A true republican sentiment wouldn’t draw the distinction between the actions of one bloke in his 20s and any other, just because that bloke happened to be from the Windsors.

Doesn’t matter if it’s in a B&B in Blackpool or a suite in Vegas. As someone else says – he didn’t do it walking down the street, so frankly, it’s his own business.

The correct response IS indifference.

wrecker
    Free Member

Sensationalist reporting for the celeb junkies. Sun readers.
    I pity anyone that would buy a paper to read about this.

Klunk
    Free Member

true, but if you cut all their heads off this could never be an issue in the future.

creamegg
    Free Member

I don’t read the Sun, or any newspaper for that matter but I can’t see anythng wrong in them publishing it. They are there to sell newspapers, make money etc like any other business. It’s all over the internet anyway. Good on Harry for having some fun like any young lad, but he has to remember that what he does may end up in the news.

anagallis_arvensis

A true republican sentiment wouldn’t draw the distinction between the actions of one bloke in his 20s and any other, just because that bloke happened to be from the Windsors

I agree, I find it sad that something like this makes some people question royalty when its the concept thats wrong, not what they do.

TooTall
    Free Member

If he were not funded by the public purse and doing it under his own steam and not subsidised, fair enough.

However, he was not doing it out of his own pocket, so a minimum level of behaviour is expected.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

true, but if you cut all their heads off this could never be an issue in the future.

Sun readers? A bit drastic, wouldn’t you say?

🙂

br
    Free Member

However, he was not doing it out of his own pocket, so a minimum level of behaviour is expected.

So, what do you want, a Republic? Of course with any type of Royal Family there is a public cost – but compared to having the likes of Tony BLiar as President, I’m quite happy.

And as was said further up, the correct response is a combination of indifference and don’t buy the Sun.

Drac

Not from his army wage or his £10m his mother left him then?

A young lad who is seen as one of the most sort after bachelors is having fun, however he’s a Royal so people will take any advantage they can to publicise him doing something a bit wild. Good on him but I’m sure he’s aware of what may happen, doubt he’s bothered but reckon his Grannie might bend his lug.

The Sun, well I admire them for going ahead and publishing them but it’s only to sell papers.

TooTall
    Free Member

If he had been a bit more careful, it would not be in the Sun. Not printing the pictures does not mean it didn’t happen.

I want my royal family to behave to reasonable levels – the same as anyone else being paid from the public purse. Harry will get rifted by the Army for doing what he did – bringing his rank and service into disrepute. I expect that line as a minimum from royals and politicians TBH. Why would I expect lower?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

the same as anyone else being paid from the public purse.

So, you mean like any other 27 year old Army officer, then?

TooTall
    Free Member

Not from his army wage

Certainly not from that

£10m his mother left him then?

That might cover his protection bill and flights for a few years. He didn’t get that suite in that hotel because he lost his mum or his uniform looks smart.

wrecker
    Free Member

Ha, what is his CO going to do, put the prince of wales on ROPs, make him do change parades? 😆
    I hope all my tax money goes to Harry. I hope he continues to enjoy himself. I hope he keeps getting naked and sexing loads of good looking women.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

I think he means the same as any other person that attends state occasions as a representative of our head of state.

TooTall
    Free Member

Yes – and I expect him to be disciplined as his behaviour fell below that line, as would any other Officer getting his naked pics in the paper.

What’s your point, Flashy?

Drac

That might cover his protection bill and flights for a few years. He didn’t get that suite in that hotel because he lost his mum or his uniform looks smart.

He gets the protection no matter where he was though. Good on him for partying rather than being a dullard, just a shame that someone felt the need to sell the pictures to the press.

There’s been a few part animals in the Royals over the centuries, King George V started to make the Royals dull.

Lifer
    Free Member

b r – Member

So, what do you want, a Republic? Of course with any type of Royal Family there is a public cost – but compared to having the likes of Tony BLiar as President, I’m quite happy.

Ridiculous.

hora
    Free Member

You can’t have a Royal family, its institution etc without protecting them.

The IRA would have done alot more damage
    Then the kidnap nutters
    Nevermind Middle Eastern terrorists.

So you have to protect him.

I’m not a Royalist BTW.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

If he had been the British ambassador to Washington would he still be in that position (ambassador, not clutching his knob) this morning?

Lifer
    Free Member

muppetWrangler – Member

“So, you mean like any other 27 year old Army officer, then?”

I think he means the same as any other person that attends state occasions as a representative of our head of state.

Boom.

johnners
    Free Member

Because any normal squaddie could afford to jet off to Vegas and mix it up like he did in a high roller’s VIP suite. Of course it’s all come out of his own army pay packet.

He’s not a squaddie, he’s an officer. Any single officer of his rank could comfortably afford a couple of days living high on the hog in Vegas. And good luck to them if they do.

As a member of the Royal Family though, he does seem something of a security risk.

As for the Sun, the argument it used that “everyone’s already seen the pictures so we may as well print them” does seem to argue against doing so. Perhaps they’re being a bit disingenuous?

Drac

Because any normal squaddie could afford to jet off to Vegas and mix it up like he did in a high roller’s VIP suite. Of course it’s all come out of his own army pay packet.

What about an Army Officer with a £10m investment that he receives annual dividends from?

Ah it would seem it’s $10m not £10m and only gets $450k per year from that, yeah he’ll struggle to pay for a holiday in Vegas. Perhaps next he’ll go to Blackpool for his 30th.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

FWIW

Go on my son!

From now on in dilemmas of morality

What would Harry Do?

From now on in dilemmas of tax

What would Harry Do?

TooTall
    Free Member

Any single officer of his rank could comfortably afford a couple of days living high on the hog in Vegas. And good luck to them if they do.

I agree. However, if they get their todger in the papers, they know the punishment coming to them. Minimum behaviour.

martinhutch

Anyway, he’s just maintaining the proud traditions of the Royals. Princess Margaret spent most of her life shagging anything that moved and snorting anything that didn’t, and a peep at history reveals a long line of philanderers and wastrels.

We just happen to live in the age of the smartphone camera.

Harry’s just the Prince Regent of our times. And good for him. There’s plenty of time for him to find a Home Counties beauty and settle down to breed.

toby1

Surely if you marry into the Royal family then you know what you are getting yourself into and hold some line of blame for being a part of it (should people feel the need for blame). However, if you are born into it, it is not by choice, how would you deal with your life being predetermined by the family you were born into, with every aspect of the life you lead under scrutiny by the press, the public, everyone having an opinion on your every decision.

Hell, some of us would rebel and others are just jealous that we weren’t having a naked party in Vegas!

Drac

I agree. However, if they get their todger in the papers, they know the punishment coming to them. Minimum behaviour

As I’m sure he will know.

jfletch
    Free Member

You have got to question the inteligence of anyone who buys the Sun to see the pictures.

What does it cost? 60p

What does it cost to google it? Naff all.

Cretins.

johnners
    Free Member

You have got to question the inteligence of anyone who buys the Sun to see the pictures.

What does it cost? 60p

What does it cost to google it? Naff all

Perhaps they want a souvenir of the day The Sun took a principled stand on “Freedom of the Press”?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 93 total)

The topic ‘The Sun – It's in the Public Interest that we Sell Papers’ is closed to new replies.