Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • The sun is shining and I rode my bike today
  • simonralli2
    Free Member

The sun was shining, and I rode my bike today.

I went down the Fishchtowers bridleway, fell off in the gloopy mud but no damage to rider or bike. Fabulous.

That is all I have to say right now. 😀

Oh, I should probably move back to shorts now – it was a bit chilly when I left but it soon warmed up.

DT78
    Free Member

*looks out of office window*

*grumble*

carbon337
    Free Member

The sun is shining and I went running – 4 miles along the northumberland coastline – clear skies, blue sea, gentle cool breeze. Cant beat this working from home malarky.

simonralli2
    Free Member

I think this was meant to be a positive little thread about how just little things can make you happy as opposed to worrying about tyres/bling/single speed/trail centres etc etc etc.

You know, bike + sun = happy 😀

Spring is most definitely in the air and the weekend will be here soon enough.

KingofBiscuits
    Free Member

Aye its glorious today.

I ran yesterday lunchtime through the woods and now I'm contemplating avoiding all e-mails for the rest of the afternoon, forgetting end of year self management and appraisal b0ll0x and going for a spin in the Peaks.

You're right carbon337, working from home does have its advantages 🙂

freeform5spot
    Free Member

an hour at lunch. not much but enough!

jimmy

Just been out on Corstorphine Hill – perfect day for it and was shown the gnarlsome sections. Then sat in the garden with tea and biscuits actually warmed by the sun.

Happy am I.

Kit
    Free Member

Just been out on Corstorphine Hill – perfect day for it and was shown the gnarlsome sections. Then sat in the garden with tea and biscuits actually warmed by the sun.

Happy am I.

You bastard! I was going to see if you were interested in a Sunday morning jaunt up there if the weather stayed good. But now I'm in a huff with you 🙁

Nicknoxx
    Free Member

Me too. Frantic two cleaning the house in preparation for a viewing then two hours tootling round Wiltshire lanes. Back for lunch then as it was still nice went out for another hour. Bliss

beaker

I managed 40 mins over lunch on the training area in Bordon. Sun and singletrack… what more could I ask for?

jimmy

Jesus, Kit! You've soon taken over HH's mantel of most jealous and posessive STWer I've ridden with 😉

Lets ride soon, though, huh? Huh big boy? C'mon, I know there's a smile in there somewhere…. Huh…? There we go…

br
    Free Member

Couple of hours for me, still very muddy – agree about the warmth, I was too hot.

Kit
    Free Member

There we go…

*giggles* Oh ok then. Call me :mrgreen:

radoggair
    Free Member

The sun was shining and i to went out on the bike today. A cosy road ride taking in motherwell, carluke, carnwath, currie(A70 route), Central Edinburgh, livingstone, West Calder and back home to Newmains area, total of 70ish miles. Frijj chocolate brownie milkshake, pasta's cooking, showers on then back out at half 5 for 3 more hours of night riding. 😆

Oh yeah, shorts on, a base layer and cycling top , no neck warmer or knee warmers, perfect(ish) day. Looking forward to summer

nickc

The sun was out yesterday as well, as I did a nice 100k on the road bike. Saw three accidents though where folk had skidded their cars on ice…One had ambulance and police in attendance. 🙁

jimmy

Greig – you uberfit b'stard.

radoggair
    Free Member

well thankyou 😉

ourmaninthenorth

Today, I claimed some sunshine time from my employer, and walked to meet friends with my face turned up to the sun, singing along to Johnny Cash.

Felt good. But, then, this week has been full of good news so far… 😀

simonralli2
    Free Member

Aw Kit – hope to have a ride or two with you when I am back up in Dumfries August and September 🙂

Ourmaninthenorth – it's always great to have a week of good news huh 😀

ourmaninthenorth

simon – for sure. Looking forward to signing it off with a flourish and swish of the proverbial cape.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Went out in the Pentlands for 5 hours, Maidens is singletrack at the mo'. Funny thing was, I was talking to a guy that was skiing and whilst admiring the amazing cloud free skies and complete lack of wind I commented on what a perfect day it was. He replied, "supposed to be better tomorrow." Can't wait to see what tomorrow brings.

juan
    Free Member

Same here, but in shorts and with just a longsleeve jersey here. Plus I got to do it with the smell of Fresh mimosa in the air.

BigJohn

A few hours on Cannock Chase for me. Lovely sun, still some ice on the occasional puddle, quite a few deer, masses of mud, not a dogger in sight 😥

BikePawl
    Free Member

Top day out on Corstorphine Hill

More here

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘The sun is shining and I rode my bike today’ is closed to new replies.