Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • The Sun £9.50 holidays
  • alexpalacefan

Hello there, anybody get the Sun and doesn’t want the vouchers?

I’d be very grateful if you could save ’em for me as things are a bit tight this year and a discount holiday is just what we need.

Thanks in advance,

APF

grantway
    Free Member

If you can’t buy the paper
    then just how the hell you going to get there !

popstar
    Free Member

Postage would be more expensive than a paper itself. Crazy.

Cougar

I understand your reluctance to buy The Sun from a public shop, but you could buy something more acceptable at the same time so it’s not too embarrassing. Like Razzle.

Nick

The problem with a Sun holiday, one suspects, is that on arrival at the no doubt salubrious yet favourably priced location, one will find oneself amongst a large number of Sun readers.

konabunny
    Free Member

Has anyone ever gone on one of these things? How did it work out? I assume you have to buy flights and go at unfashionable times of year…?

stumpy01

We did one years ago. It was UK only, you specify your 3 favourite locations and they try to fit you in. Otherwise I think it’s pot luck. £9.50 requires a minimum amount of people. I think we ended up at a Haven caravan park on the East Yorkshire coast and as there were just the two of us, I think it cost us about £75 for the week for a large 6 or maybe 8 bed caravan.

We just used it as a base to explore as we hadn’t been up to that part of the country before & it was great. Way cheaper than booking something ourselves.

grantway
    Free Member

Flight ? Like Stumpy01 and we had to do the same
    but the Haven Caravan Park was in Great Yarmouth
    We been a couple of times and used it for our Golden Retrievers holiday

Had to laugh at how much they want for a Caravan

MrGreedy

Lots of people were on these deals when I had a summer job at a holiday camp a few years back. The accommodation is fairly basic self-catering but the sites usually have quite a lot for kids to do and reasonable (although fairly cheesy) entertainment if you like that sort of thing. Just bear in mind that the on-site stuff (both activities and food/booze) is fairly expensive so budget accordingly or take provisions with you.

carlosg
    Free Member

We’ve done them twice, the first was in the New Forest on a Haven site it was ok, the second was on the Atlantic coast of France and ended up being part of our honeymoon.

accomadation was basic but clean we used local supermarkets for food/booze. IIRC you have to pay for 4 adults minimum and a small insurance fee .If the site has a club there’s often an extra charge for that too.

they’re a good idea for a cheap holiday/short break IMO.

MostlyBalanced
    Free Member

They’re fine as a cheap way of putting a roof over your head in the unfashionable end of somewhere touristy.

konabunny
    Free Member

Interesting, cheers.

Mugboo

We camped in Cornwall last September using Sun vouchers. It was a £1 a night! Lovely and peaceful it was too 🙂

DrP

Used to do them as a student!
    My misses won “miss Park Dean Devon” one year, and I got drunk and heckled a good entertainer. I think he won.

DrP

zippykona

We joined our friends on one in Croyde.
    The floor was more comfortable than the bed. We lasted till 7am then buggered off to The Saunton Sands Hotel.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Done them 3 times now. The kids love staying in a caravan and it is an inexpensive holiday. There’s swimming and plenty of stuff for kids to play on but if I didn’t have the kids with us I’d be off exploring every day. The evening entertainment is a surprisingly fun way to watch the kids run wild whilst you enjoy a drink.

rob
    Free Member

Mum and dad go several times a year costs them about 75 pounds for a 4 night stay in a haven caravan once all the extras are added on.

iain1775
    Free Member

In laws went to Duinrell in Holland 2 years ago and loved it, as a result we paid full price to go same place last year, and again this year so there is some northern Europe locations included

alexpalacefan

I was hoping for someone who gets the Sun, but doesn’t want the tokens.

Then it’s just an envelope with 10 tokens in and a stamp.

But if that’s too much to ask, fair enough.

APF

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘The Sun £9.50 holidays’ is closed to new replies.