• This topic has 135 replies, 50 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 16 posts - 121 through 136 (of 136 total)
  • The STW Political Poll
  • chewkw
    Free Member

somafunk – Member

I would like to reply but I would get ban for reply like you with a poster. 😛

Trust me I have many funny ones. 😆

PJM1974
    Free Member

@chewkw

The very basic principles of peer reviewed philosophical and physical and science will answer that question for both of us. I don’t know what level of education you’ve received, nor do I make assumptions as to that – it’s patently obvious that your internet persona requires you to sidestep citations. That in itself is no bad thing, we all have an internet persona that we adopt – I’m no exception. However, as I’ve stated before, you will resort to repeated assertions to trigger a response which could easily be construed as trolling.

If we were debating on 4chan or b3ta then the rules of debate would be very different – I’m sure that one of us would’ve attempted the Chewbacca Defence. But you seem to often cross a line set in place by the moderators and take some delight in doing so.

chewkw
    Free Member

PJM1974 – Member
    The very basic principles of peer reviewed philosophical and physical and science will answer that question for both of us. I don’t know what level of education you’ve received, nor do I make assumptions as to that – it’s patently obvious that your internet persona requires you to sidestep citations. That in itself is no bad thing, we all have an internet persona that we adopt – I’m no exception. However, as I’ve stated before, you will resort to repeated assertions to trigger a response which could easily be construed as trolling.

I skipped most of the basic very obvious scrutiny because that will bore the hell out of everyone. I do hope you know there are many PhDs on STW (most are positivists if I can recall 😆 ) so they know I am poking fun at them when they are bias. They just pretend not to understand me by changing the topic.

Yes, there are STW forum rules and I comply with that. Not going to argue coz it’s not mine. Occasionally, I get ticked off because someone reported me for “trolling” … 😮

Anyhoo … relax and be yourself. 😛

DezB
    Free Member

Good poll though eh.

keithr
    Free Member

Zero respect for an alternative point of view

Why would I “respect” a political position that I sincerely believe is an evil, self-absorbed, “Devil Take The Hindmost” excuse for crapping on anyone who doesn’t fit its proponents’ narrow view of “the right sort”?

Respect is earned, StumpyJon – it’s not a right, and disrespect is a valid form of political expression. Tories have earned none me in my 56 years on the planet.

Still – time yet, eh?

PJM1974
    Free Member

I do hope you know there are many PhDs on STW (most are positivists if I can recall ) so they know I am poking fun at them when they are bias

Oh I do. In my private offline life, I’m extremely close to academia so I can’t escape from the discussions from people holding a doctorate if I tried.

But I’m confused as to the recognition that someone has a PhD and the relevant peer reviewed scrutiny that is a prerequisite of holding a doctorate and the assertion that there’s often bias about something like climate change. On second thoughts, I don’t require your answer to that as I suspect that your response will confuse me further, but I mean absolutely no offence when I say that.

For the record, I’ve never made a complaint to the mods about you or anyone else trolling – I prefer to confront the individual directly to give them the benefit of doubt, but if I may be honest I can only say that if you are on the receiving end of a complaint for trolling then you need to understand that a boundary has been crossed. Quite a few forumites have been banned in the past (TJ springs to mind for example) and have had to change their approach so as to continue posting here.

I make a point of engagement with people IRL with views that differ from my own, but the basic starting point is always mutual respect.

copa
    Free Member

Good poll though eh.

No. I voted for Plaid and it wasn’t registered.

DezB
    Free Member

Oh dear copa, you should join in with the oneupmanship bickering stuff then.

SaxonRider – Member
    I generally keep away from political threads as there’s generally too many people shouting on like the annoying kid in class.
    I was kind of hoping that the anonymous nature of the poll would mitigate this problem. If it gets out of hand here, I’ll bail myself.

lOLz. Who coulda predicted that!

kerley
    Free Member

You just have to monitor that yourself with your “critical” views.

So you can’t even show me your own posts which are apparently light hearted and where people are saying you are abusing them.

theocb
    Free Member

No. I voted for Plaid and it wasn’t registered.

Those damn Russians have been playing silly buggers again.

Respect is earned

Says the chap posting bigoted nonsense 😀

nealglover
    Free Member

So you can’t even show me your own posts which are apparently light hearted and where people are saying you are abusing them.

You’re surprised ?
    Of course not, because you knew it was complete …

chewkw
    Free Member

theocb – Member

Respect is earned

Says the chap posting bigoted nonsense [/quote]
    That’s so funny, I like … 😆

taxi25
    Free Member

I was kind of hoping that the anonymous nature of the poll would mitigate this problem.

You’ve got many admirable qualities SR, your optimism especially 😆

stumpyjon

keithr – Member
    Why would I “respect” a political position that I sincerely believe is an evil, self-absorbed, “Devil Take The Hindmost” excuse for crapping on anyone who doesn’t fit its proponents’ narrow view of “the right sort”?

Avoiding the arrogance of thinking you’re so right in your viewpoint and the opposing view is so wrong, it’s about respecting the right of someone else to have different view without being rude about them. I sincerely believe that many of Corbyn’s policies are fundamentally wrong and on a pragmatic level at best won’t work and worst will cause unintentional harm, that doesn’t mean I’m going to stoop to insulting him personally or accusing him of pursuing a self-serving agenda. Doing so would mean not testing my own world view by at least trying to understand someone else’s. Go down that route and intolerance for anything different becomes the norm.

SaxonRider

lOLz. Who coulda predicted that!

What do you mean, DezB? 😕

DezB
    Free Member

Erm, I mean predicted: too many people shouting on like the annoying kid in class. <-that would happen on this thread.

Viewing 16 posts - 121 through 136 (of 136 total)

The topic ‘The STW Political Poll’ is closed to new replies.