• This topic has 135 replies, 50 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 136 total)
  • The STW Political Poll
  • DezB
    Free Member

Well that cleared that up cheers Mefty for you informative response.

Tory voters vote, but don’t like to talk about it?
    Some non-Tory voters are like that, you know.

fifeandy
    Free Member

Having had time to think about it, I believe i know the answer.
    Right wing voters ride horses not bikes – too much effort chasing those foxes if you have to do it under your own propulsion!

scotroutes

FTFY

molgrips
    Free Member

Coincidentally, the same percentages as the “what are your handlebars made from” poll

Wait what? 17% of STWers have handlebars made of Tories?

SaxonRider

kelvin – Member
    Is that a one-off bribe zippykona, or a weekly payment in perpetuity?

And a Tory voter outs himself.

Nice one, zippykona. 😉

perchypanther
    Free Member

Wait what? 17% of STWers have handlebars made of Tories?

Yep. Those are the ones that fool you into thinking you’re going the way you want to go and then , suddenly steer you in a direction that you really didn’t want go and you crash. .

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

My vote is tactical to try and get rid of the Tory MP

Same here. If it wasn’t between two obvious options in this constituency I actually have no idea who I’d vote for purely based on principles.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Yep. Those are the ones that fool you into thinking you’re going the way you want to go and then , suddenly steer you in a direction that you really didn’t want go and you crash. .

Cost a fortune, cheaply made in China and all the profits go to an offshore tax haven?

Drac

I prefer Scotroutes answer.

I generally keep away from political threads as there’s generally too many people shouting on like the annoying kid in class.

wilburt
    Free Member

Does this mean DM readers dont ride bicycles?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

VOTE HOOKERS AND BOOZE!

SaxonRider

I generally keep away from political threads as there’s generally too many people shouting on like the annoying kid in class.

I was kind of hoping that the anonymous nature of the poll would mitigate this problem. If it gets out of hand here, I’ll bail myself.

slackboy

I’d just like to see what would happen if we ran the world.

“Daddy, what did you do in the wheel-size war of 2023?”

chewkw
    Free Member

jekkyl – Member
    own up then, who voted Tory? *sharpens pitchfork*

Guess. 😛

I have voted for Tories and will continue to vote for Tories. *Invited Mr Mossberg with his pals Mr Glock, Mr Smith and Mr Wesson* for a cup of tea. 😈

kelvin

And a Tory voter outs himself.

Well, there are 5 Tory MPs tying to hold onto their seats that I would vote for.
    5 LibDem MPs.
    1 Green MP.
    30 or so Labour ones.
    10 or so SNP ones.

There are far more Tory MPs I’d vote to get rid off, than MPs from any other party.
    All have bad eggs though, accept Greens (but only because they only have the one I suspect).

You could describe me as a lifetime anti-Tory voter, but that’s because of the seats I’ve lived in and the candidates that have stood in them, I always look at the voting record and stated positions of the candidates running.

jekkyl

chewkw – I have voted for Tories and will continue to vote for Tories

Let’s get ’em boys.

bikebouy
    Free Member

How often will the survey be refreshed ?

SaxonRider

@kelvin: Sorry if that came across as derisory. I am actually more interested in data and what it says about how people think than I am in whom they actually vote for.

DezB
    Free Member

I was kind of hoping that the anonymous nature of the poll would mitigate this problem

Yeah, I was going to post that the thread should only have you giving updates on it, but if I’d done that it wouldn’t have done so I didn’t

SaxonRider

190 responses

Conservative
    16% 31

Labour
    51% 96

Liberal Democrat
    16% 31

Plaid Cymru
    0.00% 0

SNP
    17% 9

Green
    5% 9

Other Party
    1% 2

Destroy Ballot
    2% 4

chewkw
    Free Member

jekkyl – Member

Let’s get ’em boys.[/quote] I can imagine bunch of people running towards me like that bloke in that pic … but then I also image I have several Alien Robot Sentry Guns set up … while me and me pals sit around sipping tea. :mrgreen:

Drac

At least one person act shocked so he feels satisfied.

Oooh you can vote more than once.

zippykona

Chewk, why not bnp or UKIP?

SaxonRider

why not bnp or UKIP?

Funny, I didn’t even think of including those in the poll.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

How come if 9 people vote SNP they get 17% of the vote but 9 people voting Green gives them 5% of the vote, whilst 31 people voting Libdems gives them 16%?

SaxonRider

BBSB, I probably just made a typo. Sorry about that. Alas, it’s too late to fix, as we are now up to 288 responses and that data has long since been buried.

I’m suspicious, though. The tories have gained more than 80 votes since I last looked. I think someone has managed to fool the ‘Monkey into thinking they were only voting once.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I’m suspicious, though. The tories have gained more than 80 votes since I last looked. I think someone has managed to fool the ‘Monkey into thinking they were only voting once.

That’ll be the postal votes from Tower Hamlets.

km79
    Free Member

That’ll be those pesky russians trying to influence the result.

Drac

Tablet, PC, phone and different browsers plus clearing cache or using work computers. Easy to fiddle.

plyphon
    Free Member

Tablet, PC, phone and different browsers plus clearing cache or using work computers. Easy to fiddle.

You only need to open it in a new incognito tab and it won’t know you’ve already taken it.

But that would be against the spirit of things, wouldn’t it?

Drac

That simple?

Yes it would.

EdwardH

Maybe those sudden extra 80 tory votes suggest which side is most likely to take part in voter fraud.

Junkyard
    Free Member

is this cheap street ones and white lightning or high class dominatrix’ and champagne?

i have voted thank god* it is a secret so no one will know who i voted for 😉

* no offence meant OP is just a colloquialism rather than dig to be clear.

Junkyard
    Free Member

yes it was definitely the tories linked there

Perhaps you should have made a joke about errors in the campaign spending for it to have worked?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

yes it was definitely the tories linked there

chewkw
    Free Member

Drac – Moderator

At least one person act shocked so he feels satisfied.

Oooh you can vote more than once. [/quote]

Are you all shocked now? 😆

Junkyard
    Free Member

Nice recovery 😉

mitsumonkey
    Free Member

So is it finished then?

keithr
    Free Member

Let’s get ’em boys.

Naaaah – being a Tory is enough of a punishment for being a Tory, isn’t it?

It’s a bit like having an STD in that regard.

Except that it doesn’t respond to Penicillin…

tom84
    Free Member

I think it is more ‘democrat’ ‘anti-democracy’ than left or right. I genuinely think the conservatives aren’t interested in upholding the principal or the practice of civic representation.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 136 total)

The topic ‘The STW Political Poll’ is closed to new replies.