Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 147 total)
  • The STW Commuter Club
  • nickb

Where: Barnes (SW London) to Regent Street (via Hammersmith roundabout, Kensington High Street and Hyde Park)

What: Orange Kona Jake the Snake or black Rockhopper

DezB
    Free Member

Where: Waterlooville to Gosport via Portsdown Hill, usually. Sometimes via Forest Road, Denmead.

What:Coppi road bike. Red Nike jacket, white Giro E2.

(only possible STWer I’ve seen was on a white Cannondale Rize the other day. Looked a bit confused when I said “Nice bike mate” 🙂 )

Lummox

owenfackrell

Due to the beneifts of shift work i tend to ride mid week, but my usual local haunts would be Bridleways around winchester, farley mount etc, new forest, QE although this is all wearing a bit thin. Planning on some trail centre visits and some more SDW- You?

fuzzyjimble
    Free Member

Where – 1) groombridge to croydon
    2) groombridge to tunbridge wells

What – 1) red Surly crosscheck SS + massive timbuk2 rucksack with white reflective stripes.
    generally glazed look behind orange tinted glasses 🙂
    2) Orange P7 SS silver

When – 1) 8til9.40am
    2) 9til9.30am

Guess which one i prefer…

psling
    Free Member

where Monmouth to Walford, Ross-on-Wye along the Peregrine Trail.

what Usually Dean Torreys x-bike.

Rarely see anyone through the winter, spend a lot of the time dodging grockles in the summer 😉

flamejob
    Free Member

Where – Richmond – Kew When – Mon-Fri 7.30-10.30 and 18.00-21.30ish (Shortest commute? :oops:)
    Where – Richmond – Holborn When – Sunday 10.00 and 17.30

What – Raw/Titanium Brompton or White/Black Giant Road thing

sadexpunk

where lincoln. high st, st catherines, cross o cliff hill.

what green specialized tricross ss. black scott helmet.

Olly
    Free Member

Mondays Headlines: Sudden increase in commuter ambushes!!

well prepared oxygent thieves seem to know where nice bikes will be, and when, and lie in wait with “bombers”

CHB

Where: South Leeds to Harrogate (Colton,Seacroft,Wike,Harewood,Kirkby Overblow,Rudding,Starbeck).
    When: Not flippin often at the moment, but 0630-0800 in and 1700-1830 home)when I am not too soft and the roads are not icey!
    What: Fat bloke on a PX sportive, probably commiting cardinal sin of wearing a camelbak. Often seen trying to keep up with the guy with the pony tail coming down Harewood Bank!

MountainMutant
    Free Member

Where Winchmore Hill Norf Lahhhndan (right side of river)to Tate Modern (wrong side of the river)

What Singlespeed Roadrat with carbon bars and fork

Wearing Black everything and black Northface courior bag. You ain’t seen me right.

MM

owenfackrell
    Free Member

Lummox

Very simmilar though i can only get out at weekends. I am planning a trip to afan next weekend to make for a good change.

metal_leg
    Free Member

Where: West Swindon to North Swindon, sometimes via Cricklade
    What: One-one scandal direct route – Dolan Hercules the long way

Shack
    Free Member

Where: Formby / Hightown to Liverpool City Centre, down the coast to Crosby Marina, main drag to Millers Bridge, Leeds Liverpool Canal to city centre.

What: Singlespeed Red Inbred

Usually on the road 08:30 to 09:15 and 17:30 to 18:15, Lime Green jacket with red Dakine pack.

Clink

Where: Street to Bridgwater, Somerset
    What: Cotic Roadrat 1×9

julianwilson
    Free Member

Where: Plympton (of newnham park fame) to Mount Gould in Plymouth.
    When All sorts of wierd nursey shift times.
    What Black hardrock with surly fork, full guards and one or 2 sliver pannier bags. Probably nodding like a bit of a wierdo to ipod.

jonb
    Free Member

Where: Newcastle upon Tyne – Gateshead (Heaton to Felling) via the millenium bridge.

What: White de-stickered inbred with black forks, singlespeed and full guards+rack. Red courrier bag.

plecostomus
    Free Member

where: landywood (near cannock) to wolverhampton, warstones road,essington,blackhalve lane, into city centre
    what: cotic road rat alfined,full guards and rack, grey ortlieb panniers or blue crumpler bag

sc-xc

Depart Wall Heath 07:45 —–> Oldbury about 08:30 ish. Back home about 5.

Black fixie with yellow coat.

ski
    Free Member

Where Main road to Worcester/Canal/cheeky/cyclepaths..

When Daily, set off at 8am 1/2hr commute into work, return varies depending on workload.

What Standard Yellow Reflective top, tend to swap bikes about a bit at the mo, Pompino/Kafenback/Sand SS Inbred depending on my mood.

I am a Polite commuter, given up trying to put all the wrongs of the road right, now tend to put my head down and chill out.

sc-xc

^ see Franki gurning up the hill in Pensnett on his Klein most days 😉

acjim
    Free Member

lots of London types – are the numbers of bike commuters still increasing (I left about 4 years ago)?

sor
    Free Member

BoardinBob, I saw a silver Rockhopper this morning but that was heading into Glasgow city centre on Eglington Street. Not you?

I’m also Shawlands to city centre, but I just take the direct route. Kilmarnock Road, Pollokshaws Road, Eglington Street, Bridge Street, Hope Street, West George Street. Currently on a rigid hybrid (black de-decaled frame, slick 26″ wheels, flat bar, crud catchers, 1×8). May shortly switch to the green Singlecross. More standard is the attire of black shorts, yellow jacket and orange rucksack.

simondbarnes

Adlington – Altrincham (30 miles via Westhoughton/Leigh/Glazebury/Culcheth/Glazebrook/Warburton/Dunham Massey)

Usually ride On-one Pompino. For a bit of variety I sometimes commute on my On-one Ti cross bike, On-one ti/c road bike or Cotic Soda.

Would like to know how far the guy on the fixie with panniers who overtook me on the way home this evening commutes. He came past at over 20mph and took some catching once I’d decided to chase him 🙂

withersea
    Free Member

Where: guiseley, leeds to sheffield (ok two trains are also involved)
    when: two or three days a week
    what: trek f600 folding bike with some carbon bits to make it less dull

soma_rich
    Free Member

DezB I go down the road from Fareham to Gosport most days. If I am riding I will be on my Black trek 520 with a big green pannier. Dont do it often as the train fare is a joke.

Goz
    Free Member

IHN, our paths do cross!

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Where: Dunfermline to Kirkcaldy via Crossgates, Mossmorran and Auchtertool (no, really…). I aim to do this mostly off road once things dry out and I’ve done some more exploring.

What: Red Kinesis Maxlight XCPro2

GhostRider
    Free Member

Where From Glenburn, Paisley via Paisley/Glasgow Road, Squinty Bridge, Broomielaw, Duke Street, Edinburgh Road to Easterhouse and back the same way.
    When 1 – 2 days a week.
    What Black Ridgeback Flat Bar, front and rear cruds, two front lights, sometimes Norco Bigfoot with 2.5 bonty big earls and a two ring crank set,,, when i say sometimes I done it once just before Christmas and won’t be doing it again any time soon.

A few people have already mentioned Pollock Park, i sometimes go that way during summer but it adds a few miles and ain’t great on 23mm tyres.

silverpigeon
    Free Member

Where. L’Ancresse to St Peter Port. Guernsey

What. Marin Point Reyes

Nick

Clive (North Shropshire) to Telford, looks like I’ll have to look out for 936ADL, also on a Pompino, couple of times a week.

scratch
    Free Member

Where: Pontypridd to Blackwood via the Nelson cyclepath
    what: Sadexpunk’s old Crosscheck, fixed and erm lagging.

Seriously, this lad on a Bromton was up for a race earlier,
    i had to take him down!!!

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Where A580 East Lancs Golborne to Astley Green 7am-7.30am and 4.15pm -4.45pm
    What On One single speed or Geared Summer Season

Denis99
    Free Member

Where:Neath to Baglan Energy Park

When:about 7.30am

What:Surly Long Haul Trucker

IHN

IHN, our paths do cross!

Yeah? Where?

mesh

Where: Calverley to Albion Street, Leeds via Bramley/Kirkstall Road (or L&L canal in the summer)
    What: Trusty old Cannondale with rack & panniers

DaveBro
    Free Member

Where: wordsley to Birmingham
    When: 7-8ish, 5-6ish 2/3 times a week
    What: flat bar Uncle John, started with road bike last week

jimmy

Good call.

Where: Edinburgh. Crewe Toll to King’s Buildings, via Stockbridge, Princes St, Mound, Minto Street.

What:

crankboy
    Free Member

Chapelalerton leeds to Leeds city center
    on a chrome P7 wearing a grey courier bag.

molgrips
    Free Member

Where Pontprennau in Cardiff to Maindy, via Pentwyn road, Rhyd y Penau Road and Heathwood Road.
    When varies, but often between 9 and 10
    What light blue Kona Dew with flat carbon bars and full mudguards

mattjng
    Free Member

Where Bristol to Bath on the cycle path
    What Blue Ribble road bike with mudguards and single pannier on the right side

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 147 total)

The topic ‘The STW Commuter Club’ is closed to new replies.