Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 94 total)
  • The STW Circle of Trust
  • sslowpace
    Free Member

Not bought and sold much over the years, but never had problems. Usually sent stuff as the cheque has arrived. So thanks to everyone i have dealt with.

Although, sold a red flite saddle a couple of years ago and found the uncashed cheque a few weeks ago!! Still, no worries as it wasn’t much.

Got some nice stickers from Mr Burt when my daughter was v. ill. She loves him still

whippersnapper
    Free Member

used classifieds many times without issue, last few times was with Richpips which was a nice smooth transaction and got a cuppa out of it too. Then those just using the forum, a bit of emailing and the post were with (sorry, not sure of new login names) James Garbett which was a straight swap of rotors and Mark Charles who sold me a lovely load of XTR goodies.

Just wondering, if there is an ebay style rating system how do you control the sqabbles that occur when negative ratings appear (some will happen for honest reasons I am sure)

Having said that and followed the latest dramas I’ll keep looking at the STW classifieds

trail_rat
    Free Member

bought sold and met a fair few folk off here … cant say ive met any knobs along the way.

Im probably far too trusting mind you !

Generally you can sniff a scammer a million miles away and other than that people sometimes forget , we are all guilty of it. I bought something the otherday and forgot to click “send” on the paypal at the last stage leading to a cheeky email from the seller which i sorted ASAP

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    thumbie
    Free Member

M Wallet – who could be “clubber”

Thanks Daffy – although I’m Thumbie 😀

Hope all is well.

muggomagic

had nothing but good experiences when both buying and selling. I was about to list a few gems on the classifieds this week, but I’m gonna wait until everything has calmed down.

hillsplease

Mr Tall is a jolly nice chap to buy a frame festooned with nice bits from. All 6ft 7 of him. I owe him a bacon buttie and a brew when next we meet. And half a dozen other chaps too.

yoshimi

Danny Ward – can’t remember his login name, very fast to post and great communications

cheers rich:) thats me btw

seth-enslow666
    Free Member

finishthat was one of my latest and largest £££. Top bloke and even refunded me some money to get the brakes bled up that I got in the deal. (They had been stood for a long time) All the goods were mint.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I have bought a few things off here – unfortunatly I have no idea now who it was!

DezB
    Free Member

Will add amos to the posi-feedback list, who just sent me a rotor in double-quick time.

Daffy

My bad – sorry Thumbie.

All revising and no riding makes me fat and bored.

crispybacon
    Free Member

I too have had nothing but great service & gear bought off the STW Classifieds including parts from the following sellers:

Trail rat
    Smiker
    pimpin gimp

Smooth transactions, great communication & items just as described. The wheel packaging by pimpin gimp was outstandingly good. IMHO you can buy from these guys with confidence 😀

pstokes99
    Free Member

Have sold (successfully) more stuff than I’ve bought in the ‘post hack’ era, however have bought without problem from:

andygreener
    itchy

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

We’ve had thoughts along the lines of a positive feedback thread ourselves.. make it sticky in the clasifieds and allow people to include a reference to their positive feedback in their ads

OOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! The sheer CHEEK of him!!!!

My email to the mods, sent Monday afternoon…

But my idea was to have either a sticky thread on the classifides that people could simply put the seller’s username and then a few words about the sale (You could set the format at the top) or have a section in a users profile that only others could leave sale ONLY comments on. Maybe just 3 at a time, say?
    The second one would be better, but harder to set up, the sticky would do the same job but you’d need to search it to find the user you wanted to buy off.

I bet you’d already thought of that though, hadn’t you?
    Yeah, shure you had, silly me……….

😉

freeform5spot
    Free Member

Too many to mention but the good guys know who they are!

DezB
    Free Member

Joe Bloggs – Merino advertised yesterday, received today. Have a look, might be some left 🙂

konabunny
    Free Member

Dealt with loads of people over the years but forgotten all names! No disasters yet (apart from self-inflicted unncessary purchases).

Just bought a bunch of great lights from fennerhorne so another testimonial for him.

Swiftacular
    Free Member

I have bought and sold quite a bit, with no bad experiences, and mainly great transactions. Only odd one was someone who sent me a laminated picture of themself with a frame i bought?!?!?!?!. Not bad experience, just odd, and i’ll leave you guessing as to who it was.

MrAgreeable

It’s the fact that it was laminated that’s most disturbing. 😯

acjim
    Free Member

gooduns (purchases and sales):

clubber
    iainc
    chast
    timbur
    stumpynya12
    olib
    bepton
    Mig
    Velocipede

+others who I can’t remember / don’t have emails from anymore

only 2 bad ones (in maybe 5 years on here?) one was my fault for not checking something on pickup and the other was a berk.

grumm
    Free Member

Swiftacular WTF – really?

Swiftacular
    Free Member

Yes, in fact, such was my haste to get the frame out, i never noticed the picture until a week or so later. Cant remember what he’d wrote on it think he’d signed it too)

grumm
    Free Member

Wow.

Still got it? Post it up!

jonnrs
    Free Member

I bought some rebas off Glasgowdan. An honest description followed by quick responses to emails and quicker than expected delivery 😀

shinsplints

junkyard
    jamesgarbett
    catnap

all top banana

There are others but can’t remember now.

Swiftacular
    Free Member

Ive just found it actually, but wouldnt this go against the “circle of trust” theme?

MrAgreeable

Another way of looking at it is that we’re all in said “circle of trust”, and thus any ridicule that followed would be benign and friendly. 😉

JxL
    Free Member

We should make this thread as a reputation system:

e.g.

Every person that posts a name of a good seller, will be added to the first post in the thread.

For each good sale for the person, a + symbol would be added. That way everybody woun’t have to scroll through dozens of pages to find whether the person that is selling something is trustworthy.

Just a thought..

DrP

I bought some cheese of peter poddy which i thought was Brie but was in fact Gruyère, and soma rich tried giving me some man love in a tent once. For free. Is that good or not?

DrP

XC_PK
    Free Member

Another vote for Junkyard. Joe 1981 (or a couple of other numbers) is also a good’un.

NorthCountryBoy
    Free Member

Thumbs up to

RacingRalph Sent me what was left of his new but bent X9 rear mech for nowt so I could fix my old one! That was a nice thing to do.

Lanesra
    Free Member

I’m great, James Garbett is a **** though as he charged me his paypal fees (me minus 5%)

NorthCountryBoy
    Free Member

Oh and FBK too. He sent me another rear mech at a price agreed including P&P. Then I asked him to send it on a next day before 10AM cause I needed it for a race. He did this at no extra cost. Which was nice.

carlphillips
    Free Member

i’ve given vee brake bosses and a whole bike away on here!!, bought and sold tons of stuff and never had any problems.

only problems i have with the classifieds is certain members buying and selling on for profit on evilbay.

not in the spirit of this forum i think, myself and a few mates regularly keep an eye on two people here just for fun and the stuff they buy always goes on evilbay, myself, i like to see stuff go cheaply to fellow stw’ers as this greases the wheels and makes this little ‘community’ what it is.
    anyhow this was all covered in my thread ages ago..

Lanesra
    Free Member

One thing that would help is that the people who actually receive goods acknowledge they received it, I’ve always gone out of my way to send goods the next day and one person (out of 10+) has emailed me to say they received the goods.

Rude ****, imo

carlphillips
    Free Member

agree with him ^^^^^ i always say thanks and stuff, its just manners

shinsplints

& the fella that sent me the 70mm thomson stem on next day delivery without charging me was a total legend.I am embarrased to say I cant remember who it was.Thanks again if you are reading.

grumm
    Free Member

I always used to tell people when stuff arrived, then I sold a few bits and never heard anything so I assumed this was just normal. Still try to thank people when I remember though.

CountZero

Only bought one item, a pair of 160mm Nixons off of a guys Sovereign, and I can’t remember his name, having deleted the email from my phone, but his turnaround was quick, they were well packed up, with about a weeks worth of newspaper for protection, and the whole transaction was painless. Top bloke. Was entering the Megavalanche on a ‘Dale, IIRC. Wonder how he did?

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Vortex Racing
    Junkyard
    Ton
    MrNutt

all good people.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 94 total)

The topic ‘The STW Circle of Trust’ is closed to new replies.