Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • The Stig goes to 5th Gear
  • Pieface
    stoney
    Free Member

Ah well. its not like we all didnt know who he was….. They will find another Stig to fill his boots! 😆

backhander
    Free Member

Publicity. He’s nowhere near as good a driver as tiff or jason and he’s boring.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    mboy
    Free Member

I just don’t get why he had to ruin a good thing… OK, CLarkson, Hammond and May were able to make a lot of money on the side of Top Gear through advertising etc. and he couldn’t cos of the secrecy clause in his contract, but that said, without the Top Gear gig, he’d not have made a lot of extra money!

So basically, his greed has probably ruined a whole TV programme for millions of people, and now they’re going to rip off his character on 5th Gear?

Why not shut up, keep on taking the pay cheque, then years down the line when Top Gear (in its current format) has ended then tell your autobiography (he’s only 35 FFS!) and make MILLIONS… Cos if he’d kept the aura and secrecy going all the way through til the end, he’d literally be a living legend, so would stand to have gained a lot more by playing the waiting game… Instead everyone just thinks he’s a d**khead for ruining Top Gear…

nuke

This comment under the story on the link seems pretty apt…

“Like inviting the guy inside the Mickey Mouse suit at Disneyworld to come to your kid’s birthday party – but without the Mickey Mouse suit.”

Margin-Walker
    Free Member

I dont know if I think he is a d’ckhead ….but I know he is not as much of a d’ckhead as clarkson , hammond and may (in that order).

loddrik
    Free Member

It’ll just confirm the view that 5th gear is just a handmedown top gear.

uplink
    Free Member

Cos if he’d kept the aura and secrecy going all the way through til the end

Slight flaw in that plan – he’d already been outed long before this particular disagreement with the production company

fontmoss
    Free Member

i thought he was outed by the beeb?

uplink
    Free Member

i thought he was outed by the beeb?

nah, it was long before that

nuke

Slight flaw in that plan – he’d already been outed long before this particular disagreement with the production company

Whilst I agree he was outed, that was only on internet forums really. After the disagreement with the production company he was outed in the more main stream media. I watch Top Gear, I didn’t know (…or care) who he was so I didn’t go looking but it was hard not to find out who he was after the dispute.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Collins will take on “Stig-like” roles, in a “colourful racing suit”, and also appear as a co-presenter minus racing garb. However, he will not wear the trademark all-white racing outfit and helmet synonymous with the Stig role on Top Gear because the BBC holds the rights to that image.

So, ‘The Stig’ isn’t going to Fifth Gear at all then? Just the bloke who wore the white suit?

the-muffin-man

I’ll be glad to see the back of the Stig on Top Gear – ‘The Lap’ bits were the most boring bits to me.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I’d like to see the back of Top Gear actually. Well, Clarkson and Hammond at least. Just the same old contrived boring childish crap over and over again.

uplink
    Free Member

I’d like to see the back of Top Gear actually

they’ve already made allowances for you

zokes
    Free Member

they’ve already made allowances for you

Nah, this if Fred we’re talking about. If there’s an easy solution, or he can sit here and whine about it instead, there’s only one option he’ll ever take…

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Oh yes har har very funny… 🙄

I would quite like to watch a stimulating, informative and entertaining show based on cars, at around 8pm on a Sunday evening, on BBC2.

Sadly, in spite of paying hundreds of thousands of pounds per day in licence fees, I have no choice in this particular matter. If I want to watch a stimulating, informative and entertaining show based on cars, at around 8pm on a Sunday evening, on BBC2, I have no choice but to watch Top Gear.

Nah; just replace Hammond and Clarkson. That’s all.

After watching loads of Alan Partridge recently on YouTube, it became clear hat Clarkson seems to have based his entire persona on this fictional character. A character specifically designed to look a knob. Now i’m a bit mystified over this; does Clarkson realise the AP character is a thing to be ridiculed and despised, or is he so deluded he thinks this is a model of how he himself should be? It’s increasingly embarrassing to watch Clarkridge these days. It’s so tired and unfunny. Give it a rest eh Jezza?

And on that bombshell…

zokes
    Free Member

Sadly, in spite of paying hundreds of thousands of pounds per day in licence fees,

Bloody hell, how many tellies do you have then, Fred?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Well, regardless of the actual number of tellies I posses; I only need one licence for my household, you see.

Which is hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of pounds per minute.

backhander
    Free Member

All that money and cheap, sh1t reality programmes are ruling the airwaves.
    RIP BBC.

grumm
    Free Member

So basically, his greed has probably ruined a whole TV programme for millions of people

lol – I reckon somehow they will manage to come to terms with their loss.

the-muffin-man

Sadly, in spite of paying hundreds of thousands of pounds per day in licence fees, I have no choice in this particular matter. If I want to watch a stimulating, informative and entertaining show based on cars, at around 8pm on a Sunday evening, on BBC2, I have no choice but to watch Top Gear.

Ahh yes bring back William Woollard and that beardy fellow (whose name I can’t remember!) if you want nice sensible informative telly about cars – or buy a subscription to Which? and get some tartan slippers! Yep I really need to know about the boot space of a Vauxhall Corsa at 8pm on a Sunday evening.

Top Gear is just an entertainment show, that is all. And the millions it brings in to the BBC from worldwide sales and merchandising helps to fund many more ‘worthy’ shows that you may approve of.

Zedsdead
    Free Member

I think my licence fee is money well spent. It’s not just for teh telly you know.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Ahh yes bring back William Woollard and that beardy fellow (whose name I can’t remember!) if you want nice sensible informative telly about cars – or buy a subscription to Which? and get some tartan slippers! Yep I really need to know about the boot space of a Vauxhall Corsa at 8pm on a Sunday evening.

I din’t say make it boring, did I? Where did I say that?

All I said was get rid of Clarkson and Hammond.

Zedsdead
    Free Member

My favourite episode was the robin reliant space shuttle. lol

showerman
    Free Member

and no where near as much as sky and the crap they show, if the tv licence goes then eveything on tv will be pay per view no cheap tv as we get now as it will be the same old rubbish as now but twice as much to watch so i am happy with the licence fee

mcmoonter
    Free Member

….waits for Surf Matt to get the call 😕

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Ooh yeah; that would be Awesome…

hora
    Free Member

No more Plato? 🙁

I’ve alot of time for Plato. Especially his cutting, insightful yet honest review on the Lotus Elise. You’d never get that depth of car balance and understanding from any other presenter.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Din’t he play for Brazil?

No, actually I think that was Socrates….

vinnyeh

No more Plato?

Oh, go on then.

….Plato they say,could stick it away,
    Half a crate o’ whisky every day,
    Aristotle,Aristotle,was a bugger for the bottle,
    Awfully fond of his dram,
    And Rene Descartes was a drunken fart,
    “I drink therefore I am”,
    Yes,Socrates himself is particularly missed,
    A lovely little thinker but a bugger when he’s pissed.

eth3er
    Free Member

I’ve just watched the last half hour of Fifth gear, golly it’s awful. I mean really really awful. It almost seems cruel to judge it the nadir of motoring journalism but golly if its’t true. What do they have Ben do, he seems uninteresting, they didn’t seem interested and gave him little time in the BTCC bit which was also mind numbing.

northshoreniall

You didn’t watch last 1/2hour, show is now only that long. Though to be fair in its current format that’s about 29.5 minutes too long, shame was good for a while.

backhander
    Free Member

he seems uninteresting,

He is uninteresting. Thats why TG didn’t let him speak.

GlitterGary
    Free Member

Richard Hammond is a middle aged tragedy of a man.

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘The Stig goes to 5th Gear’ is closed to new replies.