Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • The Snip
  • martymac

i was 33, no problems, 4 days off work, 1 week off the bike.
    i found it increased my sex drive (and ruduced the amount of action i was getting as wife no1 was preparing to leave by then, unknown to me.)
    it really was no problem, but not sure i would recommend it, as wife no2 wants a kid.this is a story i have heard several times off different people.
    however, the actual procedure itself was no problem.

igm

4 weeks ago, still got the stitches in, hair itching as it grows back.

Managed 3 hours wandering round various old and new bits of Dalby yesterday.

Might try a road ride tomorrow – tried two weeks ago and it wasn’t pleasant. But then it was probably the wrong week to break in a Brooks saddle.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

still got the stitches in

I had the scalpel-less version were they just puncture your nad sack with a hot instrument, the noise and smell were a bit off putting, but no stitches!

messiah
    Free Member

I rode the first Macavalanche two weeks after mine 😕

Drillski
    Free Member

Get it done, just not this week if you’re planning on riding MM this weekend, as you’ll be up to your nuts in mud!!!!!

Nobby

Had it done just over 4 weeks ago. Quick & easy in local surgery, a bit of discomfort for a couple of days or so, job done. No stitches or owt & just 2 weeks off the bike.

GP referred me to Marie Stopes Int. who do the job on behalf of many NHS trusts.

It’s not a quick fix mind, a couple of months wait (to be sure you want to do it) then it’s 3 months or so (and a couple of tugs into pots) before they give you the all clear.

hora
    Free Member

Can’t you just pull it out and AK47 the young lady?

jerseychaz

Had mine done about 18 years ago – Marie Stopes after referral by my GP so it was FREE! No shaving, quick jab of local anaesthetic, some rummaging and the smell of burning flesh & hair as they cauterized the tubes 😯 They were keen to know how I was getting home – didn’t let on I had the car outside, got dressed and legged it, back home feet up on the settee with a large G&T within the hour before the LA wore off. Weekend of rest and back to work on the Monday, some spectacular bruising of the ball bag but nothing worse. Now, second Mrs Jerseychaz thinks its great!

Tiger6791

Well I feel like I’ve been kicked in the nuts

And the smell of burning flesh haunts my nostrils

No bike for 2 weeks 🙁

molgrips
    Free Member

I need the snip. I really don’t want it. For some inescapable reason the idea makes me feel really sad.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

I had mine done in late April

No issues whatsoever, I even very nearly went for a ride the same day, but thought I should’t, so waited a couple of days. Played badminton 3 days later 😀

Get to do my ‘Pot Shot’ in about 7 weeks

trb
    Free Member

41, 2 kids and I’m booked in to see the GP next week……..

I know it’s not supposed to be a pleasent and relaxing procedure, but reading this thread has brought me out in a cold sweat

emsz
    Free Member

🙄

some of you heroes need to go with your gf next time she has a smear test

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

I know it’s not supposed to be a pleasent and relaxing procedure, but reading this thread has brought me out in a cold sweat

I was quite relaxed – talked to the doc all the way through. mostly talked about various sports and techniques for clearing tabletops & gap jumps 😀

Not sure I understand that. Wouldn’t have a problem with it myself (assuming they weren’t trying to smear test me!)

molgrips
    Free Member

Er, wot? Not everything women have is worse than men, you know. You are seriously comparing being prodded with a lollipop stick to having someone burn a hole in your balls and rummage around in there cutting out bits of tubes? Taking away part of your function as a human being?

Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘The Snip’ is closed to new replies.