Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 55 total)
  • The Snip
  • slightbreeze
    Free Member

So whos done it, how old were you and what were your reasons?

I have two kids and don’t want anymore, so I have begun to think about getting the snip to be 100%. But I am only 31 and even the missus says you never know what the future holds meaning that I could want kids again with another woman.
    I feel confident that even in that senario I still won’t want anymore kiddywinks. I have not really looked into it properly, are there any adverse side affects I should know about?

wwaswas

late 30’s didn’t want any more kids.

any adverse side affects I should know about

google image search scrotal abcess when you’re not eating. happened to a mate of mine post the snip.

most people are fine, though 🙂

satsoma
    Free Member

Watching 24 Hours in A&E the other night and some poor lad had a black and blue penis after being crushed between a barge and a bridge.

When his Mum took a look at it she said “ooh, it’s like you’ve had a vasectomy!”.

Caused a raised eyebrow or two in our house…is this true? Can you really end up black and blue?

Sandwich

Black and blue if you don’t use supportive underwear and are overactive. Mild discomfort afterwards if you take it easy.
    Had mine done in my 30’s. No side effects. Disconcerting when the doctor asks if you’re really sure while handling the second set of plumbing. Mrs Sandwich declined the offer to watch the doc do his stuff. (Done in the surgery 30 minutes or so from start to finish)
    Hair regrowth is the really bad part.

sugdenr
    Free Member

shave it like a plucked turkey, lie on table, local anaethetic, small cuts(s), snip & tie tubes, stitches, cup of tea, go home. My dad used to do this as his Wed pm cash earner 30 yrs ago!

Not permanent Google vasectomy reversal.

29erKeith
    Free Member

A mate who’s a GP Practice manager said a while ago that they’d just got in a machine which could do it in the Practice. so not even a hospital trip now if your GP’s got one.

I may be wrong but I think he said it uses LAZERS

theotherjonv

i was done a few years back. Op was a doddle, used a keyhole technique so no cutting, no stiches, just sealed the ends up with a soldering iron (smells like bacon fwiw)

Worst part was walking from the ante room into the surgery stripped from the waist down (‘but keep your socks on, the floor’s cold’) which is not a good look. then get on the table, they laid a sheet over my nethers with a small hole in it, pulled little jonny and his two playmates through the hole and then painted them – with a brush, i think although i wasn’t looking – with antiseptic. After this ignominy, they could have done anything as long as it was fast and they didn’t make eye contact. mercifully true on both counts.

No pain, bit of tugging, slight ache afterwards but nothing nurofen couldn’t fix. only issue was a bit of infection in the op site afterwards which had to be scrubbed out and redressed. That did smart!!

elzorillo
    Free Member

Had it done mid 30’s as an outpatient. No problem whatsoever. Mate had it done in the doctors surgery.

mcboo
    Free Member

Had it in November….its a doddle, not fun exactly but no pain. Had it with Marie Stopes who were terrific, abou £380 I think.

Good for the sex life

grim168
    Free Member

Done about 5 years ago on nhs but got sent to a bupa hospital :D. Did absolutely nothing for next two days and was fine. Wear supportive undies and you’ll be ok. Knackers only itch after the first time shaved

rogerthecat
    Free Member

The only negative effect is the ignominy.

Sheffield Halamshire – 0630am appointment with consultant, one Mr Hasty,I kid you not.

Asked to see his hands before he started, he held them out and said “steady as a rock, 2 gin n tonics for breakfast never fails.” at this poitn I relaxed a little.

Same process from then as theotherjonv apart from the nurse holding the little chap with forceps and Mr Hasty discussing the allocation of parking spaces whilst performing the minor procedure!

I did point out that this may be everyday for them but it was a once in a lifetime event for me!!

Afterwards drove home and absolutely no side effects – just a life with all the fun but with no raincoats or chemicals. 😀

EDIT: 36 yrs old

andrewrchambers
    Free Member

Just reading the first few replies in this thread has caused a rather uncomfortable feeling downstairs.

cheshirecat
    Free Member

40 ish with 2 kids then aged around 9 and 10. Settled family life (fingers crossed) and no thoughts of any more kids.

No ill effects at all. Slight embarrassment at the female doctor having a good feel for the pipes (or so she said) at the consultation, and the all-female team at the op itself. And the smell of cooking flesh as they seal up the ends. Nice to go swimming without a wetsuit etc.

Should have done it a couple of years before.

marsdenman
    Free Member

Yep.
    Late 30’s.
    Found out the chances we’d conceive we’re very slim and, as we we not getting any younger i.e. much riskier all round if pregnancy did occur, took the decision to make the chances a big ZERO… not an easy one, oddly, not that difficult, either…
    Op was a local doctors…
    Most random event of my life…. on the table, green gown over, just the little fella in the fresh air…. Doc and assistants chatting away quite merrily as he did what he had to do, even to the point of ordering their morning brew when someone popped their head though the door!
    He was pulling something quite vigorously – i asked quite why what he was pulling felt like he was trying to make me sit up.. I asked quite why that was required (not painful…) he replied he was pulling my tubs so he could cut a longer piece out, to be sure the ends could not reconnect….!!
    Ah, said I, show me then, at which point he produced what looked like a 3-4cm piece of very soft spaghetti!
    Very little pain after = just took it easy for a few days….

westy04
    Free Member

I was going to have this done last year. But the consultant said I would have to have a general anethetic for it for some reason.
    That put me off as I have never been put under before and I lost a school mate from not waking up after small op.

Plus. Where do all the swimmers go?

druidh
    Free Member

Just take ear plugs – or headphones playing some loud music.

bigdaddy

We’ve done this before haven’t we…

I’m another who’s been neutralised in mid 30’s after 2 kids and def not wanting more. Stress free 15 mins in GP surgery which didn’t hurt at all(although being one who’s prone to a good bruise, I did go black and blue….)

As said above, happy days with no chemicals or boots on!

eemy
    Free Member

6 weeks too late for me – just heard we’re expecting number 3 and I am bricking it!!!!

Edric64
    Free Member

Re the black and blue bit ,yes you can I had a penis like a black bloke (apart from size) for about 3 weeks and an awful infection and it hurt like hell.Other mates though swear they were back on the job within days

daveob
    Free Member

I had it done. Didn’t feel the first incision, but felt everything more progressively from there on in. When he tugged the tubes, as mentioned it felt like he’d put his fist up my anus, reached up and grabbed my chest from the inside and pulled. That was the first one, then there was the second side!

After he finished I passed out on the table having screamed like girl throughout.

Mind you funniest part was the face of the bloke waiting to go in!

misterfrostie
    Free Member

Had mine done at the local GP surgery about 3 months ago. No shaving, just a couple of small nicks, rummaging round inside for the offending pipes, couple of snips and stitches then stiched back up.
    Worse bit was teh needle in the bollocks for the anaesthetic, he said it’d feel like a scratch but it felt like someone has rammed a wheel skewer through my rocks. Obviously this only lasted a second or so before the numbness kicked in but I could still have done with a wooden spoon to bite on. Helped somewhat that my doctor turned out to be a keen MTB’er riding the same routes we do so that served as a minro distraction.
    Post op was largely OK. You get a rather un-fetching string vest type bollock harness to wear for a few days. I took mine off the day after and bobbed to next, hunch-backed for some briefs. Back in boxers day after and happy days. Only issues has been a fairly long road ride about 4 weeks ago which for some reason swelled one of my nuts right up and was pretty painful. It settled down fairly quickly and I think everything is sorted now.
    I had some bruising which affected pretty much all my nutbag and the base of my trouser snake but it was nothing really.
    In reply to what one of my riding mates asked me only teh other day – once its done, the plumbing works just the same, its no different. I’ve yet to have my counts done (due middle July) which will probably involve jacking off in a hospital booth but hopefully it’ll have been successful. I wouldn’t like to have to repeat it.
    Maybe I was lucky but not much swelling, no big deal really.

thegreatape
    Free Member

I am only 31 and even the missus says you never know what the future holds meaning that I could want kids again with another woman.

Same sort of thing as my wife said. But I thought it made more sense to do what was best for us rather than plan for a potential future situation that neither of us wished for.

The op itself…I don’t wish to relive it in great detail, but…

…they don’t always get the dose of local anaesthetic correct
    …sometimes they get it wrong three times in a row
    …there’s no point erecting a little screen if you can see everything reflected in the shiny light
    …when the substitute surgeon who has taken over from the hapless first surgeon whispers ‘this would have been a good one for a GA’ you might think ‘now you bloody tell me’
    …a scalpel slice in the unanaethetised side of your bollocks does hurt as much as you think it does

Other than that, fill your boots.

oldmanonabike
    Free Member

Yea, had mine aged 39, had 2 kids and wife and I decided that was enough. Op went great , Dr Ball (I kid you not!!) was quick and it was painless. No after affects except 9 months later kid number 3 came along 😯 . Not sure if it was the ‘favour’ my wife gave the condemned man a few days before the op, or if I still had one left up the barrel when I resumed play. But I have never regretted it!! Great kids! All of ’em 😀

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Had mine done last year, aged 32. It was. Doddle the Dr was called Dr Contractor, which made me chuckle.

keithd
    Free Member

had my op about 16 years ago. One son only-such an awful baby we couldnt face another (he is fine now by the way!). No probs with the op done on a Friday. Sunday night went for a few beers (Golden Ball in Dalton-in Furness). Woke up in middle of night for a pee-couldnt walk due to pain. Put the light on and my nads were size of grapefruits and bright red. Docs next day to be told I had an infection. 2 weeks off work and obviously no nookie. Just as I was getting back to normal I was play fighting with my son when he kicked me right where I didnt want him to. I nearly shoved him back where he came from!
    All fine after that and totally reccommended.

poly
    Free Member

Early 30’s, 2 relatively young kids. Certainly had worse pain falling off my bike.

GP will probably try to talk you out of it to make sure you are certain; e.g. what if your wife died or left you and took the kids, what it one or both your children died, etc. Whilst reversal is a possibility it is not guaranteed so they won’t like an answer that says ‘you can always undo it’. It should be considered permanent.

to be 100%

You need to be aware that there are reports of spontaneous reversal, and therefore a theoretical risk at least of the plumbing suddenly become reconnected – stats are usually reported at something like 1:500…

Serious complications are very rare, but there are reports of some men experiencing long term discomfort – to really understand the risks and success rate you need to know the method used at your local clinic. It is appropriate to ask appropriate questions to the surgeon doing the work.

soulwood
    Free Member

Yeah had mine done 2-3 yrs ago now. Not enough local, felt the incision, another injection, felt the incision, further injection and my left big toe went numb. By then the butcher, sorry doctor, just got on with it while I sweated buckets and was kept from passing out by small talk from the nurse. When my missus saw me after she nearly passed out at the sight of me. I was hobbling out with knackers that resembled a hedgehog roadkill while supporting my missus! Apparently my tubes were deep down and therefore tricky to get at. Although it has worked. If it didn’t I wouldn’t go back unless I had a GA.

cheshirecat
    Free Member

Hmmm….

When I had mine done, I was given a local anaesthetic cream to use, plus a plaster to put over it to keep the cream on. No injections, and worked a treat. I followed the instructions, which is somewhat unusual for me.

I took an iPod to filter out the banter.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

soulwood – Member
    Yeah had mine done 2-3 yrs ago now. Not enough local, felt the incision, another injection, felt the incision, further injection and my left big toe went numb. By then the butcher, sorry doctor, just got on with it while I sweated buckets and was kept from passing out by small talk from the nurse. When my missus saw me after she nearly passed out at the sight of me. I was hobbling out with knackers that resembled a hedgehog roadkill while supporting my missus! Apparently my tubes were deep down and therefore tricky to get at. Although it has worked. If it didn’t I wouldn’t go back unless I had a GA.

POSTED 22 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

Tart. 🙂

gravitysucks
    Free Member

Yep had it done about 3 years ago. Done in docs surgery, not enough anesthetic and felt like he was tugging my lower intestines out before kicking me in the nads. Was a bit grim bit bearable.

Just for a bit of hindsight….. I don’t regret it but now realise when I had it done and never wanted anymore children what I actually meant was I didn’t want any more children with my currant partner.
    Now realise that what I never imagined I’d want to do ever ever again I probably would if I was with the right person.
    I’ll cross that bridge if I ever get to it though.
    My mate had it as he never wanted kids. 5 years on he now does.
    Another mate had it done. Swore he’d never remarry or have kids again….. He married, had a reversal op and is now expecting a lil one with his wife!
    So worth thinking ahead…

timbur
    Free Member

Booked in. Rather wish I hadn’t read the thread.
    Tim

trailmoggy
    Free Member

Mid thirties and wife’s due again early September so as soon as number 2 pops out I’m having the spun gun deactivated

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Use protection?

Sod the snip!

Zoolander
    Free Member

I need to get this done – but none of you lot are exactly selling it to me to be honest 😐

slowuphill
    Free Member

Mate of mine was done in the states by this Guy….

Richard Chopp

Thought is was a joke so googled him!!

TheSanityAssassin

According to that link from slowuphill Dr Dick Chopp is a Urology Dept. colleague of Dr Lester Wang 😆

I had the Gas & Electric disconnected 15 years ago when I was 30. There was no discussion about anaesthetic options, it was a general or it wasn’t happening! However, I had a reaction to the knock-out drops and passed out in the recovery room, so they kept me in overnight. Let me out the next day with a free jockstrap that I wore for years afterwards whilst playing cricket.
    The day after that I was lying in bed and one of my stitches kept stabbing me rather uncomfortably in my nodger. Whilst attempting to skillfully trim the offending spikey stitch with a pair of nail scissors I managed to remove the bloody thing completely, which wasn’t great. Rather bizarrely, this completely un-erotic set of events was the prelude to Mr Lurve Truncheon rather obviously announcing that he was fit, well and in need of some exercise!! In the interests of science (and relief) I ended up taking him for a test drive which culminated in a toe-curler of such extreme intensity that it all but lifted me off the bed!!!!
    Having the op done is a decision that I’ve never regretted (despite since being divorced from my wife at the time) and it’s just removed a lot of faff and potential worry from my life.

roady_tony
    Free Member

done, 39, no kids, dont want any. outpatients appt, was quick, painless (although i passed out after a tug on some nerve that felt like a massive kick in the croch) sore for about 2 days, then fine.

therealhoops
    Free Member

Just got my official paperwork through today. I’m no longer a danger to society.

2Flash
    Free Member

I think I was 36. Snipped Friday mornin, rest up over the weekend, back to work on Monday. No bother at all. Slight bruising, and a little tender. I still get the odd ache now and again.
    No regrets!!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘The Snip’ is closed to new replies.